• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID6

BANKARA_TEEvie

voxbox guy
Jun 24, 2021
Does anyone know if it uses the Piapro NT editor or if Piapro SP is its own thing? It's probs to early to tell lol. I don't care. I'm excited
Piapro "SP" is just the Vocaloid 4 engine. Miku/Rin/Len/Luka are essentially (probably slightly tweaked?) versions of their straight V4X voicebanks, whereas Meiko and Kaito's straight vbs are their v3 vbs but ported (and, again, likely tweaked) to work with V4. Doesn't include EVEC, but includes XSY and growl.
NT will also be getting a beta update in the fall!
It's likely the other Piaproloids will still be getting NT updates if it's still going to be supported, and we've still been hearing them too, I don't think SP is the end of the line for them - just a way to produce a consistent and cheap, simple release of their main lineup for new producters. On the other hand, who knows what NT's update will be like - if not AI, it'll have to be pretty good concat synthesis if they want any chance of people buying that over V6, and that's not the highest bar.

As for V6... well, Miku will get EN/CN/JP support, plus I imagine support with VXB... and vocalochanger! very cool! People didn't really buy NT, even if it was Miku, but I think V6 is bareable enough for most that they would buy it for what they could make with her... and I also think it's a really good choice for the piaproloids, given its semi-realism but still synthetic vibe :3
In addition, even if people don't really love V6... I think it's a great sign that we're seeing Crypton even EXPERIMENTING with AI, not to mention being multiplatform! Still developing NT, but putting their voices on other engines... we *could* see Cevio or SV Miku one day, maybe!

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Hell yeah, called it. 😆

It's interesting that the Sonicwire page indicates that they will be releasing a beta of a new version of NT in the fall as well as Miku V6 sometime this year, so they're not fully abandoning NT either. So good news all around.

So that still doesn't solve the mystery of whether Deco*27's been using a secret NT build that's not public or an unreleased Miku V6 lol.

I'm really looking forward to the probable leap in English support for Miku, since V6 banks inherently are multilingual. I wonder if we'll get more styles like V4, because that's one of the saddest parts of being an English language producer: having one Miku bank that supports your language while the alternate voices are so nice.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I think Deco*27, together with other Vocaloid producers like PinocchioP and 40mP, probably have access to a early closed beta of Miku NT (I think the one version that was supposed to be released this spring, but development can get delays), like it happened in the past with V3 and V4X ^-^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)