• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID6

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I'm going to have to update and play with that. I've been using V6 mostly with my V4 banks so far (due to Piapro not having a MacOS Sonoma update yet).

My understanding is Character is what used to be called GEN in V4, and has been added to AI tracks? So that should enable a bit more control over the overall sound.

I wish Yamaha offered their stock voice banks for sale individually, for those of us who bought third party bundles (GUMI AI, in my case). I kind of like Haruka...she's kind of MEIKO-like, but V6, so I could see her working well for Eurobeat.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Apparently there were some issues with the update initially, including people having to reinstall/reactivate things. I hear some problems were solved, but just a heads up to people updating

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Did a quick test with the Character param set to 0, 6 and 12, for demonstration purposes:

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 2.26.36 AM.png

It seems like there has been a reduction in noise as well?

Installation with the editor updater didn't work (it insisted it wasn't installed), but I ended up just redownloading the full installer. It works the same way in the end.

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Did a quick test with the Character param set to 0, 6 and 12, for demonstration purposes:

View attachment 7875

It seems like there has been a reduction in noise as well?

Installation with the editor updater didn't work (it insisted it wasn't installed), but I ended up just redownloading the full installer. It works the same way in the end.
ooh, v6 is improving

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
I mean yeah but we don't know when exactly Koto releases yet. Because they only said "reveal" if I remember correctly. Reveal also could mean they'll just show the design and maybe one demo tomorrow

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I'm definitely surprised they're doing another V6 bank after the Gumi account was being so sassy about Vocaloid AI's quality and they dual released on SV, but it's definitely interesting. They keep us on our toes! I'm even more intrigued to see what engine Koto will be on now

wrong_thyme

voisona cross-lang when
Jan 12, 2022
her singing voice is more 'cool' than the talking bit at the beginning led me to believe. maybe not the most ground breaking voice type in the world, but i like her :)

edit: she likes musicals lezgooooo a woman of culture

Last edited:
Reactions: Twillby and Mika

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Ohh okay her speaking voice had me like "alright" but that singing! I really like her tone. I'm honestly surprised she's a V6, and I do think I hear some of the long note flatness, but she'd be far from the first Vocaloid with that issue. I think it can usually be worked around.

It'd be very interesting for a company to do a dual release at the same time and see which engine sells better, as opposed to releasing it on a second engine later on. Looks like that question won't be answered this time though :')

edit: Forgot to say, also, she's adorable! I really like her design

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
She has a very different tone to the character that's implied by her expression and design, but I like it a lot! I love her outfit, though they're cowards for going for 'average bubbly highschool girl' instead of the apathetic emo queen she clearly is. :clara_ani_lili:

I do have some complaints about her sound despite her being one of the better voicebanks for V6.

As a fair amount of time has passed since V6's launch, I'm cancelling my 'maybe they'll improve over time' clause.

What I find disappointing is comparing the sound quality and expressiveness of this demo to that of previous Vocaloids. Yamaha's move to AI has increased the buzzy-ness present in voicebanks, but hasn't provided a significant increase in their base expressiveness to match. I'm very disappointed by the lack of technological improvement over such a long gap, especially the fact that modern Vocaloids are now less pleasant for me to listen to when compared to those from multiple engine iterations prior. This ancient IA cover sounds like it's from the future, not 10 years ago. Each time there's a cool voice like Koto, I find myself imagining how good they could sound if they were even concatenative voicebanks on a smoother engine. Regardless, I'm looking forward to hearing skilled users make her sound great, something I'm sure is possible.

I think this is her VP, for comparison!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)