• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Voiceroid English is under development

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I hate that I know trying to manipulate her into singing will be a thousand times harder than doing it with Japanese Voiceroids but I'll probably be tempted to buy her and try anyway rofl

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Awesome!

I also noticed this tweet:

They talk about the English Voiceroid stuff at about 45 min in / The male Voiceroid talks at about 51:07 (soft followed by a serious voice):

As a reminder, this is the thread talking about the update to the AITalk engine: AITalk getting deep-learning based engine update April 2020 (I remember the voices being more emotional was one of the updates)

I have to go to work in a bit, I want to listen to the new Voiceroid info when I get home/maybe tomorrow.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Exciting news!! Hopefully this will be the thing to finally make Voiceroid popular overseas. I expect people will have lots of fun making talkloid videos with them ( and it will hopefully be easier than tuning a Vocaloid to talk :v )

I have to admit however... It does somewhat suprise me that out their Japanese voiceroids, Zunko is the first one to be announced to be getting an English version. Since Yukari is their most popular Vocaloid/Voiceroid/Character both overseas and in Japan, I would have thought it would be her that gets the announcement first, unless they're saving it for her birthday.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I have to admit however... It does somewhat suprise me that out their Japanese voiceroids, Zunko is the first one to be announced to be getting an English version. Since Yukari is their most popular Vocaloid/Voiceroid/Character both overseas and in Japan, I would have thought it would be her that gets the announcement first, unless they're saving it for her birthday.
I was surprised too seeing how Chihiro was one of the MCs for the event. Maybe she wanted to wait on the announcement a bit.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
This is it this is my time to SHINE

Voiceroid is definitely very very easy to use (as opposed to making Talkloids with the Vocaloid editor), and I'm really excited for it to finally branch out to overseas!! I've wanted Voiceroid to get more popular in the English-speaking community for years and AHS has finally answered my call

Zunko being the first English Voiceroid announced surprised me too, but since it's only going to happen if her crowdfunding is a success, they probably wanted people to be aware of it and prepared to help make it happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Yukari also has an English version in development, but the cost is being fronted by her company and we'll just see it when it's ready. Of course it's just speculation, but yeah!

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
After hearing both Voiceroid English and Tohoku Zunko English, I'm starting to think what if Gynoid heard this news and came up with their own take with both Gynoid Talk Meika Hime and Mikoto English and Gynoid Talk flower English.

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
I have this idea: After AH Software released Voiceroid Tohoku Zunko English, what if they would also release Voiceroid Tohoku Kiritan English and Voiceroid Tohoku Itako English?

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Do we know if it's the same voice provider I know ah said in the past they wanted to English but also wanted to get native speakers

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Just like Zunko's sisters had a campaign for their Japanese Voiceroid (and Utau as well iirc), I guess it will probably be the same thing in the future for their English voiceroids. I don't think AHS has said anything regarding what voice providers will they use in their last livestream but imo they will probably go with their plan of using native speakers. They said in an interview on making English versions of their Vocaloids that it would be too complex and Voiceroid being a program that is more focused on speech rather than singing... It's definitely more ambitious that Vocaloid, at least when it comes to languages like English. I feel that using the original voice provider, who might not know English well enough, would only make the project more difficult for AHS.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018

I did not realize that the Zunko English Voiceroid was going to be crowdfunded. If you help crowdfund, does that mean you get the Voiceroid as a reward (kind of like Patreon tiers)? We should pay attention to news for this so we know when it starts.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I know that when Tsuina-chan was being crowdfunded, her Voiceroid was one of the reward tiers and those who contributed to it actually got it before Tsuina officially released to the public (I was looking her up on Nico before she released, and saw that people actually already owned her and was so confused as to how until I saw some people mention in their descriptions that it was a crowdfunding early access bonus or something).

It's possible Zunko could have something like that as well... though her company and Tsuina's are different, so it shouldn't be an absolute guarantee. Would be nice, though.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Was it funded through GoFundMe or an exclusively Japanese website or what? I'm sorry if it's not a relevant question, I'm just genuinely curious. If at all possible, I'd be interested in contributing!

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Was it funded through GoFundMe or an exclusively Japanese website or what? I'm sorry if it's not a relevant question, I'm just genuinely curious. If at all possible, I'd be interested in contributing!
Zunko's had an English fundraising campaign before for Zunda Horizon; it was on Kickstarter (here's the link to it). This will probably be done there as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)