• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Who is your favourite Synth V?

Who's your favourite vocalist for Synthesizer V?

• Eleanor Forte

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Yamine Renri

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Genbu

• Aiko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chiyu

• Shian

• Cangqiong

• Haiyi

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Kotonoha Akane and Aoi

• Muxin

• Minus

• Tsurumaki Maki

• Saki

• Koharu Rikka

• Tsuina-chan

• Qingsu

• Anri

• Solaria

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Natsuki Karin

• Total voters

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Synth V's lineup expanded dramatically this year! So I thought it would be fun to run a poll on everyone's favourites so far.

Optional extra questions:

1) Who's your favourite English Synth V?

2) Who's your favourite Chinese Synth V?

3) Who's your favourite Japanese Synth V?

4) Which future release are you most excited to hear more from? (Male AI, Hanakuma Chifuyu, Rosa, Kyomachi Seika, Stardust)

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Don't make me choose D':
I've made it clear to people close to me that I'm a Solaria supporter through and through. I donated to her crowdfund, but that belting in her new demo sold me completely.
My favorite Chinese Synth V is Chiyu and my favorite Japanese Synth V is Genbu. Really hoping the Virvox guys will get Synth V libraries someday, even if the chance is very slim...

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Noooo please don't make me chose one! ><
Well, since I had to, I chose Haiyi. But Minus, Muxin and Anri are very close to her ;-;
I also like Karin, the twins, Shian, Tsuina-chan and Chiyu, but definitely not as much as I like the ones mentioned above :haiyi_ani_lili:
Eng: Anri. She sounds cute, but also realistic
Jpn: I guess Karin or Tsuina.
Chn: Haiyi. She has such a cheerfully tone. Its even more cheerfully than Tianyi
I am very exited for Xingchen and Karin. But the one I am most exited is Chifuyu (although she doesn't have a vb yet).

Last edited:
Reactions: --- and lIlI

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
For me, choosing an absolute fave is ridiculously hard, but as of right now my choices are:

English: As someone who likes both mature voices and power, I'm very torn between Eleanor and Solaria.
Chinese: Qingsu! She's so human it legitimately confuses me most times I hear her.
Japanese: Saki, she's a classic and her AI realised her potential.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i picked solaria for the poll, i think overall shes simply the one thats intrigued me the most and had the most aspects i like-- i havent ever been that big of a synth v person? but thats more so because it came out far later into my vocal synth interests that i look at it mostly from an instrument perspective with less regard to the 'characters', and in terms of instrument i think all the voices are generally pretty good with no strong opinions. and even more so since i dont use it to make music (as i kinda paused on music making once it was out), i havent had much time finding interest in any particular voice for my own personal use.

but for the specific questions:

1) Who's your favourite English Synth V?
for now i will still say Solaria as even tho she isnt out i like the things shes bringing to the table

2) Who's your favourite Chinese Synth V?
Qingsu because i really am impressed by her! admittedly i have mostly listened to english covers with her lol. but shes fanastic. close tie with Minus because i love her whole design, and do like her voice a lot.

3) Who's your favourite Japanese Synth V?
Koharu Rikka

4) Which future release are you most excited to hear more from? (Male AI, Hanakuma Chifuyu, Rosa, Kyomachi Seika, Stardust)
definitely male english voice. i keep forgetting it even exists.... and its something i would love to have soon now that we have all these good english female AI banks.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
English: Anri, hands down. She's been so much fun to work with too! Maki English AI's a close second.

Japanese: Oooh, tough one, but I love Tsuina and Maki! Genbu would be higher on the list if he would just stay consistent. 😭

Chinese: ...do I even have to say it? :haiyi_ani_lili: I do love Aiko as well! She's criminally underrated.

Future: Give me Seika or give the void

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
English: Solaria. From the what I've heard in the demos, I think she'll be more versatile then Anri or Eleanor.
Japanese: Saki. I've only used Saki so...
Chinese: Aiko. She's super cute and very genki, also I haven't used any of the other chinese banks.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
English) has gotta be Solaria so far, by a long shot. I’ve just been thoroughly impressed by everything from day one and I really want to see Eclipsed Sounds succeed.
Chinese) I feel like I don’t know enough about Chinese to choose. Haiyi is really fun to listen to, though.
Japanese) I still like Rikka a lot.

I’m excited to see more from the English masculine demo. It sounded fantastic.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
English: I picked Ellie in the poll, but really it's a toss-up between Ellie and Solaria.

Chinese: Right now, it's Qingsu. I'm blown away by her quality.

Japanese: Another toss-up between Saki and Maki.

Future: I'm still interested in the English male that was demo'd a while back.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
English: hmm….I’m really excited for Solaria, but for CURRENTLY released voicebanks, maybe Maki
Japanese: *points at Koharu Rikka* Rikka supremacy, this should be obvious lol
Chinese: Chiyu. Haven’t checked out much of the chinses lineup but she’s one of my favorites!

also, I am very excited for Stardust. I’ve always wanted her Vocaloid but could never get it, and hopefully I’ll be able to get her SynthV when it releases!

CatHermit

Aspiring Fan
Aug 12, 2021
English: ANRI is the best sounding voice so far
Japanese: Saki AI is very smooth
Chinese: Qingsu may be new, but she sounds amazing!

My favorite upcoming SynthV vocal is Rosa. I'm excited for another bilingual singer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)