• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID ZOLA Project for VOCALOID6 & A.I.VOICE

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
We already got the news about their aivoice banks leaked, but seems like the boys are getting a v6 too! As a side note, Kyo was fully re-recorded while Yuu and Wil used the data of their v3 vbs for their v6’s. They come out in the 30tg of June. I think that their aivoice vbs come out on the same date?

It looks like AI Inc officially announced the zola boys

Last edited:

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
AAAAAAAHH Vocaloid6 dishes out greater and greater releases each time it feels unreal :mikoto_lili:.
They sound so good, Kyo in particular seems spectacular to me, he's clear and very expressive (which is to be expected considered he's fully re-recorded), but Yuu and Wil keep up too, you can tell they were more intended for backup purposes, but V6 alone has a good impact on them and they seem more flexible than before to me nonetheless.

wrong_thyme

voisona cross-lang when
Jan 12, 2022
i wonder why kyo was the only re-recorded one... the other VAs would have had to come back and record data for the talk banks, right? so it's not a case of unavailability...

this also makes me wonder if other v6 upgrades were trained on vocaloid renders. (una v6 spicy strikes me as potentially using that but v6 sugar is obv re-recorded so maybe not?) 🤔

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I can definitely tell Kyo has been rerecorded - he sounds so much more expressive! It's disappointing the other two weren't rerecorded, because now you can tell the differences between them more starkly when compared to Kyo. But I think Wil and Yuu were always intended to be backup singers with Kyo as a frontman, so to speak. It just means they sound potentially more limited in V6.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
yes i hope maybe we will get more demos with the others alone..? I get theyre a group and they want to encourage using them like that. but i had a hard time getting an idea of Yuu's voice especially as tone wise it felt very similar to Kyo. but its fun to see them getting a revival. i have a lot of opinions not worth sharing lol but its interesting to see, makes me wonder what other revivals may come, as ZOLA and Una make me feel like more will happen

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
This definitely came out of left field! This makes me hope that Galaco and Fukase could possibly get updates (they're my favorite Yamaha vocaloids and I can't find their physical versions at all)
Especially that Fukase is a singer, and so is Kou (plus I feel like AI may do favour to galaco's vocals and add more emotion since she sounds pretty quiet and collected compared with fellow vocaloids -though she's still enjoyable)

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
This definitely came out of left field! This makes me hope that Galaco and Fukase could possibly get updates (they're my favorite Yamaha vocaloids and I can't find their physical versions at all)
Unlike zola, Galaco and fukase are not owned by Yamaha, but by other 2rd part Companies, they were just developed by Yamaha

Reactions: MillyAqualine

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
the other VAs would have had to come back and record data for the talk banks, right?
not necessarily, you could build an A.I.VOICE bank using the old VOCALOID3 samples... AIVOICE uses concatenative/sample-based synthesis so the phonemes are all there anyway. Their A.I.VOICE also doesn't have any emotion appends so nothing suggests new recordings (to be clear, the AIVOICE press release doesn't mention if the recordings are new or are old unlike the VOCALOID6 press release which explicitly differentiates KYO from YUU and WIL)

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
not necessarily, you could build an A.I.VOICE bank using the old VOCALOID3 samples... AIVOICE uses concatenative/sample-based synthesis so the phonemes are all there anyway. Their A.I.VOICE also doesn't have any emotion appends so nothing suggests new recordings (to be clear, the AIVOICE press release doesn't mention if the recordings are new or are old unlike the VOCALOID6 press release which explicitly differentiates KYO from YUU and WIL)
Their aiv has no emotions? Damn it

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Demo video/Commercial is up:

Site is also up again, if you want to test them out.

They're available on Dlsite rn for pre-order but they'll also be available on AIVOICE's own thebase shop

Reactions: TheStarPalace

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Their aiv has no emotions? Damn it
Honestly KYO *could* have recorded for it, since it seems like he's the only one active in rerecording but they probably didn't so that he wouldn't have more features than the other two...

Although... I do think it's interesting that even though Minorun (YUU's VP) and Maui (WIL's VP) did not record more data for ZOLA V6 it seems like they're still active on twitter and acknowledged ZOLA's 10th anniversary.
Minorun:
Maui:
1686709699984.png

I wonder what went on behind the scenes...?

Edit: Maui's twitter used to be マウイ before 2023, it changed to Mauie Cayton sometime this year, and he's credited on ZOLA V6 as M.Cayton. Just my two cents but i think that means that they (or at least Mauie) were consulted with at one point during the development of V6.

Last edited:

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
Wait, if Yu and Will can receive AI voice banks without having to rerecord, doesn't that mean that the sky's the limit with what Vocaloids can be updated for AI and cross-lingual regardless of whether their VP is able to record? Maybe even Oliver ;_;
People have been doing that for quite some time with Diff-SVC, RVC and the like.

If people can use the chopped up samples from a ddb file and get decent results, I don't see why YAMAHA or whoever couldn't use the original samples and get something much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)