• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV CeVIO AI / Synthesizer V Tsurumaki Maki

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
(Really Sorry, I know it's Maki, but I cannot unseen the similarities on the clothes and hair)

Yes, the Umu emperor waifu Nero from FGO is getting a bank to sing for Rome!!

1608868199986.png
The image is from a CE art

And for those who are more familiar of the Fate memes, I am slightly disappointed Maki did not say

PADORU! PADORU!

I am aware there are like a thousand other girls who have long hair like Centaur from Azur Lane

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
The SynthV gods have blessed us today. It is, in fact, a Merry Christmas.

Her voice grew on me throughout the duration of the second demo, and her power combined with her designs... come to think of it, we haven't really had a Japanese female power bank on SV yet, have we? I dunno if she's technically a power bank, but she fits the bill much more than Renri, Saki, or the Kotonohas, that's for sure.

All that rambling to say: I stan.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Maki? After all these years?! Her voice isn't my preferred type, but she's been around for so long on the periphery of vocal synths it's nice to hear her finally get to sing.

*edit* YOOOO, AI English? Interested to hear that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStarPalace

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
No like this made me actually lose my mind, this is huge. Not only is she receiving 2 SynthV voices (Standard + AI) and CeVIO AI Talk like Koharu Rikka, she's also getting them in ENGLISH. Out of nowhere! Unless Eleanor comes out before her with AI, this'll be our first AI English voicebank for any commercial synth. She's also going to be the first English talk bank on CeVIO! Considering it was her 10th anniversary as a VOICEROID this year, this is wild. Looking forward to hearing more!!

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Synth V singing design looks like the usual idol outfits, one for punk rock and the other for more flashy events. Cevio talk Jap looks like her casual weekend hangout in the mall. The Cevio English looks like her school uniform, as if she just got back from English class.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I love all her outfits, love that she gets English, but the one thing I noticed is that her voice seems pretty different in all 4 demos (as in it seems that each producer turned her differently). Well, it sounded that way to me, at least.

Reactions: WyndReed

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Huh. I was kinda surprised to see so many dislikes on the announcement video, but looking at the comments... people are really not happy with the new voice provider. They would've rather had AHS make a new character altogether if they were going to use her orz. Kind of bums me out, but what can you do.

Anyway, about her, apparently she actually studied abroad in the UK. If she hadn't gone into voice acting, she would've become a translator or something similar that can utilize her English ability.

.......are there any examples of Manami Tanaka singing in english? 👉👈
Here's a quick one I found, not sure if there are better examples, but this entire song is in English and she's the voice of this character:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Huh. I was kinda surprised to see so many dislikes on the announcement video, but looking at the comments... people are really not happy with the new voice provider. They would've rather had AHS make a new character altogether if they were going to use her orz. Kind of bums me out, but what can you do.
I kind of understand that. I didn't care for Maki much before, I pay like...zero attention to voiceroid, but if my favorite synth changed vps and you could definitely hear it i'd be a little salty.
I guess fortunately for me since I have 0 attachment to Maki's previous voice the change doesn't matter at all to me, but I feel bad for the people who really loved her original voice and have to warm up to the new one.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I kind of understand that. I didn't care for Maki much before, I pay like...zero attention to voiceroid, but if my favorite synth changed vps and you could definitely hear it i'd be a little salty.
I guess fortunately for me since I have 0 attachment to Maki's previous voice the change doesn't matter at all to me, but I feel bad for the people who really loved her original voice and have to warm up to the new one.
Yeah, I get it; I noticed a difference immediately but I think she sounds close enough to Maki that it's not really the worst thing in the world orz. Definitely not enough to make me not want to buy her (though the people in the comments are saying they'll still buy her anyway) - I think I'm mostly just bummed because some of the comments I saw were not nice orz. Still though, Maki is Maki!! I'm really excited for her, especially her English.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm hoping she'll gain fanbase within the singing synth fandom at least...and she'll def attract another niche of the voice synth fans with her eng!

Here's a quick one I found, not sure if there are better examples, but this entire song is in English and she's the voice of this character:
Aaah thank youuuuu~ ofc she's voice acting in a different voice but it still gives a good idea!

I can hear the jp accent which I was really hoping for but also it's subtle enough so it won't turn some people off...hopefully. I want her to do good!

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Uhh...

Maki's old VP (Tamiyasu Tomoe) had no idea Maki got a new voice provider and found out with the rest of us.

I saw some other tweets saying that it was her agency that wouldn't allow it and AHS didn't want to just abandon the character (edit: apparently they talked about this in today's livestream so that's why people know), but if that's true then they (the agency) didn't even consult with the original VP at all???

What a mess... in that tweet she says hopes everyone won't forget Maki's old voice but man I feel so bad for her

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I feel so bad for Tamiyasu Tomoe.... like, it seems to be the case that AHS went to her agency, asked if she could provide her voice for Maki again and her agency just outright refused without consulting Tamiyasu herself. If I were her I'd be absolutely livid at her agency right now. It's not even like there's anything that can be done at this stage, it seems Maki's new vocals are mostly recorded and in the programming stage, with demos already out... Hopefully this will at least stop people blaming AHS for the change when it seems to be her agency's fault instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)