• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I keep thinking about it and all I can say is:
1) I firmly believe Crypton would be late even without the virus, since they've been late with like... literally every Crypton release ever. Also, if Crypton was a human, it would be late to its own funeral. I feel like there is so much evidence they are clearly not ready (lack of proper demos, actual screenshots, unsettling silence for months from Wat), too.
2) At what point are we going to say "yep, this ain't mid-May anymore", there's only about a week and a half left of the month!
3) It's very strange Crypton hasn't at least said what they are doing about continuing or not to work remotely.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I just want to say I got a reply from Crypton this morning. I will be translating it, the reply is quite long. (Will take an hour or 2, I think.) They answered my question about the new date for Miku NT by saying in a roundabout way they can't tell me anything about it. For the good news, NT's rules do NOT apply to older Vocaloid versions.

As for Wat's tweet
I apologize for the delayed tweet. It is planned early next week to announce various things. Thank you.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
日本語でのメールと英語訳のPDFです。
日本語:1ー2、5-6ページ
英語:3-4、7-8ページ

Here is a PDF of the Japanese emails and English translations.
Japanese: p. 1-2, 5-6
English: p. 3-4, 7-8

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Finally! Hopefully this means that we'll get her next week. Still holding out on buying her but if her prototype is good I just might.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
My translation of the email to customers (not machine translated):

Information regarding "Hatsune Miku NT" prototype version

For everyone who purchased "Hatsune Miku NT"

Thank you very much for preordering Hatsune Miku NT.

Currently, for Hatsune Miku NT, the prototype version is in the final stages of release, and we are continuing to work for a release of next week (within the week of 5/25).

We apologize for making you wait multiple times, but please wait patiently until it is publicly available.

As before, the Hatsune Miku NT prototype version is user-friendly/incorporates functions that improve operation, and it is planned to add various functions after this through updates.

Thank you.

Reactions: Jikyu

phantoCrystal

New Fan
Feb 13, 2019
Damn, okay, not gonna lie... I really wasn't expecting them to just pull out a 'yeah we're gonna try release next week' thing. I was really expecting another month's delay, but it seems like they perhaps really are just pulling the last few things together!
Honestly, I really hope that the bank AND the program are good, because we haven't really had a high quality tuned demo yet? We've heard her NT voicebank used and tuned amazingly at events and in clips of things, but not really a HQ demo of it yet.... So here comes the moment of truth.

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
Damn, okay, not gonna lie... I really wasn't expecting them to just pull out a 'yeah we're gonna try release next week' thing. I was really expecting another month's delay, but it seems like they perhaps really are just pulling the last few things together!
Honestly, I really hope that the bank AND the program are good, because we haven't really had a high quality tuned demo yet? We've heard her NT voicebank used and tuned amazingly at events and in clips of things, but not really a HQ demo of it yet.... So here comes the moment of truth.
If what we heard on Project Sekai's HIBANA ~Reload~ is Beta Miku NT, then I'm really excited to listen how the final product will sound when tuned.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was talking to someone on Twitter about the prototype coming out soon. They pointed out how the email said it is "planned to add various functions after this through updates". I kept thinking the timeline would be: We download the prototype > In August get the real version. But that was dumb, they probably will include updates between the prototype release and the real version in order to fix bugs or increase the number of functions that aren't currently in it.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm really excited about the upcoming NT release! I'm sure there'll be issues at first, as well as some stuff people really like and other stuff that they don't. We haven't seen a new product that was a panacea yet, and this won't be it either. But I personally have faith in how things will soon enough turn out. CFM cares about its customers and the future of the products that are basically at their heart. They won't let either of those things down.

I'm only kind of disappointed that NT likely won't support English for awhile. I wanna try her out!

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
Alright. This week. Its happening. Miku officially begins the move away from Vocaloid. Hoo boy.
I know that they're only gonna be releasing a prototype this week, but still.

I know this has likely been discussed extensively in this thread in the past, but the fact that Miku, the voicebank that is synonymous with Vocaloid, the main voicebank keeping Vocaloid alive, and im willing to bet, the only reason Vocaloid managed to exist for as long as it did, is no longer going to be a Vocaloid.
That's huge.

It really makes me wonder how much longer Vocaloid as a software will last once Miku does finally move away. And if/when Vocaloid (as a software) dies, it'll surely be the final nail in the coffin for all the voicebanks that currently don't have an alternative synth platform to jump onto. They'll all eventually fade away into obscurity as time goes on and newer OS's are released, and essentially go the way of Leon, Lola, and Miriam.

I can maybe see the Vocaloid engine surviving if Gumi continues to get updates, but that's only if:

-Internet Co. is even interested in Vocaloid anymore (which they don't seem to be, correct me if im wrong)

-Yamaha doesn't just pull the plug on Vocaloid entirely due to lack of sales.

I also hear that AHS is currently the only Vocaloid company still doing things for the platform, (as well as Vsinger) but i'm not sure if they're planning on jumping ship to another platform, too. (again, correct me if im wrong) But yeah, this is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Vocaloid is pretty dead. It's been an entire year without any new voice banks. The only upcoming V5loids will be from the VSingers (it's still happening). It's confirmed Vocaloid downsized the amount of workers in the Vocaloid department. I don't think the software will "die" as in like... the website shuts down and you can't buy them anymore any time soon. People are just going to have to move on to other vocal synths, there are tons of them!

Other Vocaloids are on more than one synth: Zunko is on UTAU, Voidol, Voiceroid. IA is on Vocaloid and CeVIO. I don't hear people lamenting too much about them.

Internet Co said they have zero plans to make a V5loid on Twitter.

Personally, I think it's good that NT is happening. It has new features which aren't in other vocal synths, such as a proper growl/scream feature and a vocoder (Cherry Pie, which brought back AIST, the people who made VocaListener which got killed off for V5).

There's gonna be other synths gaining popularity once they're released, like Synth V 2 and CeVIO Pro. I encourage people to pay more attention to other good synths. I really am not too torn up about Crypton not going to V5, Cryptonloids have TONS of versions (V2, V3, V4) which people can purchase at any time and still use them. It's not like NT existing is going to make all Vocaloid versions disintegrate. Personally, I would rather see the more experimental NT that another dry, tired V5 port of Cryptonloids. You can use their older versions in V5 anyway, so... what would be the point in them going to V5 when it's a dead end?

The only way I can see Vocaloid coming back with a new version is if they figure out how to sell VOCALOID:AI to consumers. Maybe after they see what their competition (NT, CeVIO Pro, Neutrino) is up to.

Edit: Also, maybe if NT does well, Crypton will finally make a new Cryptonloid... Please, I am tired of just the current ones. Need new blood.

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
I don't think the software will "die" as in like... the website shuts down and you can't buy them anymore any time soon. People are just going to have to move on to other vocal synths, there are tons of them!
Yeah, i agree. I dont see Yamaha officially killing off Vocaloid anytime soon, but if things continue at this rate, and like you said, if VOCALOID AI doesnt do well, it's gonna happen eventually. (im prolly gonna guess it'll happen when a new OS comes out and V5 isn't supported on it)

Now, what I'm about to say may come across as sacrilegious given we're on a Vocaloid-centred forum, but im gonna be real. I'm kinda glad Vocaloid as a synth platform is dead. Yes, it did give us Miku and it did give us a wonderful community full of creativity, but in terms of the actual software, it stagnated a looooong time ago.

It always felt like after the Vocaloid boom that was V3, the engine never really made any significant improvements in terms of voice quality, new features (save for Growl, XSynth, and a bunch of other minor features that were used here and there but never really blew anyone's socks off) That, and the majority of new voicebanks that came out after the mid-point of V3 never really made that much of a mark. ( i can count on one hand the amount of new Vocaloids that still get frequent use that came out after v3)

The platform never really allowed for innovation, new ideas, or anything that wasnt already popular to succeed. Even when Crypton tried to shake things up by themselves (like they tried to do with EVEC), it never really worked because Yamaha and their engine just didn't allow for it. I remember when Engloids were still coming out, we would always hope that we would finally get that amazing, powerful, CLEAR, English vocal that would change everything in the West and make Vocaloid mainstream here, but it never happened because Yamaha and their engine just didn't allow for it.

But now, we dont have to be held back by Vocaloid anymore.
We have a plethora of different, amazing new synths to choose from, most of them just beginning to get their footing. SynthV looks AMAZING in terms of how it can handle English vocals, and i hear CeVIO is finally catching up too. And now, Crypton is making their own platform. We might finally get CVO4! And not just that, imagine what else is possible! This is a very exciting time to be in! I personally wish Crypton all the best with their new ventures.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)