• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Deep-learning-based CeVIO further in development

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
I'm guessing that CeVIO CS7 is the official name for the the updated version of CeVIO, right?

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I'm guessing that CeVIO CS7 is the official name for the the updated version of CeVIO, right?
Yeah, right now it's at CS6.
ceviocs6.png
^ What a weird looking icon, huh? I hope they add pink to the CS7 icon. 😅

But this might not be the deep-learning update. I assume if it WERE the deep-learning update, they would have told us triumphantly, because that's a huge feature people are waiting for and it would probably get a cool new name that isn't a number.

Reactions: Wario94

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
It seems like they are gearing up for something with the new mascot so this very much could be the ai update

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018

Yesterday, we went public with news about the "CeVIO CS7" update. We were truly happy with the enthusiastic reactions on our timeline. In order for everyone to use CeVIO and absorb themselves in creating, we have done a very meticulous update.
We plan to keep continuing with this stance from here on as well. Thank you for your support!
I'm glad they had a good reaction to the update both in English and Japanese (based on what I saw people talking about on Twitter/Discord). Their initial announcement tweet got about 500 likes.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was curious why a developer would make a software that can only run on a 64 bit operating system. It is called being "natively 64-bit" and means that the program was designed to take advantage of a 64-bit operating system (such as the ability to run faster). 32-bit software can only take up 2 GB of memory to run, but 64-bit can exceed that and therefore be more powerful. You can usually tell if a software is 64-bit only if it labeled as "x64" or "x86-64".

Source

If CS7 isn't the deep-learning update, then I can assume both CS7 and the deep-learning version will both only be 64 bit. Even though we had been expecting CeVIO to run on even a laptop, some might be disappointed to find out that the laptop has to be modern enough for 64 bit applications.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
it is really interesting, but at thr least there will still be an option for 32-bit users to keep using CS6. I think it’ll be nice to have CS7 as 64-bit, maybe that would lead to a Mac version someday as well? Seeing as since the newest MacOS update, Apple no longer would support 32-bit. That’s just me getting ahead of things though

i’m still excited overall for CS7 even ifit isn’t that major engine update

Reactions: uncreepy

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
At the very least, since they've disclosed it's a separate application to CS6, I'm near certain that CS7 will lay the groundwork for the deep-learning update. I honestly think it will be at least in part implemented now that they've stated that.

Reactions: peaches2217

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
A CeVIO enthusiast I follow was speculating that CS7 could come out on CeVIO's 7th anniversary, which is January 22nd:

(Note: The rest of the tweet was speculating about Crypton doing the same with new Piapro but they accidentally got the date wrong, so I'm not gonna translate that part.)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
That would make sense, Otamakazaha has also been in the know about stuff before so it's a fairly educated guess. I think they might start the beta soon, then.

On an aside, I've been very excited about the deep-learning update and how it will affect the voices we already have. In particular I've been thinking about the Color Voice Series. Since most new fans won't be aware of them considering they've had literally 0 promotion since like 2016 and JOYSOUND don't ever mention them anymore, it seems like a good time to re-introduce them. After the character's name (which will link to their profile) I will include links to their demonstration songs.

Color Voice Series

JOYSOUND Page

The Color Voice Series are a group of CeVIO Song vocals released in 2015 by XING Inc., and after ONE's Talk bank the first third-party vocals for the software. There are 6 vocals split in to three main groups, which could be characterised as power, soft and enka. They were released in three waves from February through April.

The first vocals released were Akasaki Minato (1) (2) and Midorizaki Kasumi (1) (2), representing the colors red and green respectively. Minato is one of two power vocals, and Kasumi is a soft vocal. They were relatively well recieved and precieved as being decently high quality voicebanks, with Minato easily being one of the more popular CeVIO banks currently by virtue of being the only powerful male vocal.

The second set of vocals released were both intended for enka, being Ginsaki Yamato (1) (2) and Kinzaki Koharu (1) (2), of course representing silver and gold respectively. These two were not particularly well recieved as they were seen to be lacking in quality (likely due to CeVIO's synthesis method) as well as having a relatively limited range of viable genres. Nevertheless they do have fans, and it will be interesting the see how they sound with the deep-learning update.

The last two vocals, quite like the first set, were a duo of soft and power vocals called Shirosaki Yuudai (1) (2) and Kizaki Airi (1) (2) respectively, representing white and yellow. Kizaki Airi was easily the best recieved of the two for her powerful vocals, and comparison was drawn quite often between her and MEIKO's V1 voicebank. One of my most popular uploads (and arguably the most popular work with Airi, which is criminal) is a cover of Hajime Ni using Airi, after I bought her on release and frantically made the cover. Yuudai, on the other hand, was very poorly recieved other than by a few fans as he easily had the worst-sounding voicebank. I have a lot of hope, however, that he'll sound a lot more stable with the DNN update.

Overall, there were 3 voicebanks well-recieved at launch (Minato, Kasumi and Airi) and 3 which... suffered a bit with CeVIO's current synthesis method. Considering they were all produced by XING Inc. I'm of course assuming they were all recorded in the same conditions, and it just happens that they results ended up being as such. Looking forward hearing them with DNN synthesis, and considering how Sasara sounds with it I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I'm extremely excited especially if the sound like Sasara quality. I think they were extremely over looked. I really love kasumi I think her voice is just perfect just being held back by the engine noise. I wonder how they all sound especially when you look at ia English the difference in tone is astounding. I feel like the ai update will make cevio a force to be reckoned with and might finally be on the same level as vocaloid

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm one of the fools who loves Yuudai. I really hope this update will help address his more glaring flaws and gain him more fans!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Basically because nobody's been bothered enough to update it and all they've posted are clips. They're finally showing off the software they showed at that show a few months back, which means they must be pretty close to being ready to at least release some proper demos for it. DNN Sasara sounds very idol-y, not quite like her VP (who is a pretty good singer for VA standards) but it's not a bad thing. It's amazing how much emotion she has now, and more importantly... HER VOWELS ARE FINALLY CONNECTED. So looking forward to actually being able to test it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)