• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Eleanor Forte AI announced by Volor

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
I have a sneaking feeling that Eleanor will be relatively genre-restricted by the very nature of her voice. She has a mumbling quality that I can't see working with much, or even working well with the tension parameter. It's rather unfortunate because I felt that she'd be the one bank to be a sort of "generic voice that can fit anything" voice

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I have a sneaking feeling that Eleanor will be relatively genre-restricted by the very nature of her voice. She has a mumbling quality that I can't see working with much, or even working well with the tension parameter. It's rather unfortunate because I felt that she'd be the one bank to be a sort of "generic voice that can fit anything" voice
Ellie has always reminded me of Avanna in that while both voices sound pleasant enough, they both sound too soft to be true "all-rounder" VBs that can fit in well with most genres. Louder genres drown their voices out.

Reactions: morrysillusion

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm with Cafe: I like Crusher's demo, but more for the song itself than Eleanor's voice. I've commended on the limited ranges of AI banks in the past, but they tend to work well within those limitations! But Ellie... she's another story I feel. Maybe it's just my bias because we've got her original bank to compare her to. She was so versatile to begin with: she could sing very soft and light ballads or belt out passionate show tunes (I attempted a few metal songs with her in private, and she even pulled those off pretty well). But now she sounds bored in her mids-lows and like she has strep throat in her highs. Near the end of that second demo, her voice just starts outright collapsing. I honestly feel she's the one of the worst AI bank we've heard yet on any engine (or at least the worst English AI - I still haven't forgiven Yukari Rei), but especially for SynthV AI.

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019
Bruh, I can't believe the Eleanor slander going on in this thread rn when IA AI English is right there, giving us nothing.
Joking aside, I reallllly like her head voice in the high pitch demo, Its so unique and I can't think of any other English synth that has a similar direction.
I think tone shifting her down to undo that fallsettoishness, and raising the tension could help her sound closer to her original bank at higher pitches, but we really will need to wait and see for that. Plus glottal effects are still gone, maybe we might get something that helps more.

Then again she sounds a bit bri'ish so maybe she is trash after all... /s /s /s /s (<- This is a joke i love her so much, eleanor my beloved forgive me)

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
For me, the biggest benefit to Eleanor AI is her ability to sound more mature without getting a particular brand of muffled engine noise that used to come with lite voicebanks when you altered their gender factor. Pushing her into the deeper ranges shown in Oasis would cause her audio quality to drop and for her to become strained, limiting how I could use her. She had a slightly forced moe tone that you had to stick to if you wanted to get the best quality results, but that's now gone. Her pronunciation was great already, but I appreciate the increased versatility of her AI and the general audio upgrade that comes from having a full range of recordings.

Pup-p

Nemu nemu~
Apr 8, 2018
I really like her voice, I normally use Eleanor for more softer songs so I don't mind her AI voice being a bit softer. Though I agree in her Oasis demo she does sound bored, hopefully they show more samples of her.

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019

OK now this is exciting, Artpop is a pretty energetic song so we are about to see what Eleanor can do in that kind of environment.
I just realized my brain fart and the song isn't applause from the album artpop, and now I am dissapointed...

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
She feels like a spiritual successor to Miriam, very ethereal and surprisingly mature. I can see why they pitched her up to match her design originally, it's hard to imagine her voice coming from that character - it would have been cool if they'd given her a Miku English-style redesign. That said, I much prefer the sound of a singer's natural voice over artificially pitched samples, something about them always sounds uncanny valley to me.

I like the clip, but I'm sad it's yet another snippet, I would love some lengthier demos like Anri's. It would be very useful to hear how she handles a full song that requires transitions in emotion, power, and speed.

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Ohh this sample has me sold too, she sounds gorgeous. I still like her higher tone from her Lite bank but that can probably be easily achieved with some gender factor fiddling, I really dig her more natural tone here too though.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA

OK now this is exciting, Artpop is a pretty energetic song so we are about to see what Eleanor can do in that kind of environment.
I just realized my brain fart and the song isn't applause from the album artpop, and now I am dissapointed...
bruh i thought the exact same thing and then when the song started i was like "oh. my day is ruined"

• Haha
Reactions: lIlI and Silver1063

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I'm not sure if Volor ever announced the new demo and then deleted it after backlash (Mondays are busy for me, haven't been online until now), but there's this:

I don't think there's anything they can do to stop it from going up if it's on the producer's own account, but at least it seems people have been aware of him and warned Volor accordingly enough. Still, though... the fact that Volor didn't even glance at this guy's account before getting him onboard is a bit... ehh. No further comment - either way, whether it goes up tomorrow or not I'd highly advise not supporting it, even if you really do want to hear more Eleanor AI usages.

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019
To be fair to Volor, it seems to me that from their tweets, website, and emails, their grasp on the English language is, a work in progress, and I wouldn't expect them to be as familiar with western politics as we are(nvm these bitches racist and stuff this is what I get for not being familiar with the vocatwt deep lore 😔). Us warning them and them and letting them know when they've made a faux pas is probably the best we are going to get realistically. And their response was quick, the timestamps between those tweets was about 2 hours which has to be a record for a company righting a wrong.

This isn't to say that its ok they didn't do due diligence, but that it was a consequence of negligence, rather than a sign of malice.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
I'm not sure if Volor ever announced the new demo and then deleted it after backlash (Mondays are busy for me, haven't been online until now), but there's this:

I don't think there's anything they can do to stop it from going up if it's on the producer's own account, but at least it seems people have been aware of him and warned Volor accordingly enough. Still, though... the fact that Volor didn't even glance at this guy's account before getting him onboard is a bit... ehh. No further comment - either way, whether it goes up tomorrow or not I'd highly advise not supporting it, even if you really do want to hear more Eleanor AI usages.
i will quickly post this: iirc volor hadnt made their own tweet about it which is likely why there was a slow notice/response to it in the first place (i wouldnt have known if i didnt see someone's post about the producer tbh) and the song has yet to be shown anywhere. regardless, if thats what hes saying it seems like something happened behind the scenes.

language barrier or not i dont feel a company would miss such tweets- its any company's responsibility to be aware... but this tweet is a good sign at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)