• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other EmVoice

Sep 21, 2019
Man. This is a debacle that makes Rin/Len Act 1 and any prior vocal synth issues look like nothing! Man, Act 1 might've been choppy and rushed, but at least they were still usable and you could still import midi into Vocaloid! XD

(I'm really enjoying all this drama. XD)

Reactions: kozet and Aia

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
There's a big difference between saying that you have a really good product and playing up it's strengths when matched up against the competition versus aimlessly attempting to take huge steaming dumps on your competition's work (which is something they obviously failed at doing).

Yes, there's a need for improved tech in this field and machine learning is going to make a huge difference over the next few years but that doesn't excuse the fact that even with the technical issues that came before these breakthroughs, there was a lot of hard work done by many parties to get it where it was and the way the emvoice folks went about things was pretty disrespectful. Successful companies who can be bitter rivals know where the line is to avoid angering potential customers. You can watch several Pepsi commercials make fun of Coca Cola and even Coca Cola employees like delivery guys, but you never see Pepsi make fun of loyal Coca Cola customers.

Last edited:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I wonder if they're changing their tune on avatars because Emvoice hasn't made much money yet and they know it's a way to get more customers.
I don't know how many sales they have made yet, but considering they're more expensive than other competitors in this market I can't really imagine it's that much.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Did they increase her range? The website says it's E2 - A4, I thought it used to be smaller than that, but I can't remember clearly. The demo is still only 7 notes, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)