• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
If they do bring Ausgris back, they should really try to focus on doing something unique to make the vb stand out because honestly, Fukase English and DEX have already kind of filled in this sound and role naturally since that time.
This. I mentioned elsewhere that I'm hoping they don't stick with the talk-singing voice provider. Vocaloid English without editing already sounds like a damn TTS, and a flat male ENG bank isn't exactly treading new ground. I also hope it's a new female voicebank because the current selection is so poor

Reactions: KingPapillon

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I hope they moved to SynthV... but Dreamtonics isn't following their twitter account. Vocatone isn't following them either unless it's on purpose because they want their move to SynthV to be a surprise? :unsure: Anyway I'm glad that they are back! Always thought that it was cool that they prefer to aim their Synths at fans. And judging how they are retweeting fanart of Ausgris, maybe Ausgris will be the project they will share before the year ends. There also might be two more Synths announced, it's what their last Tumblr post said three years ago; that they are making steady progress with 3 potential English vocals.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Personally I really hope it's not Ausgris because I have no interest in their voice type, but perhaps my more unpopular opinion is that I want them to stay with Vocaloid and not move to SynthV...what can I say, I'm a Vocaloid stan lol. And I really want more V5 voicebanks because V5 can do some amazing stuff and have great results, it's just hard to see that when outside of the defaults we only have 3 new vbs.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Personally I really hope it's not Ausgris because I have no interest in their voice type, but perhaps my more unpopular opinion is that I want them to stay with Vocaloid and not move to SynthV...what can I say, I'm a Vocaloid stan lol. And I really want more V5 voicebanks because V5 can do some amazing stuff and have great results, it's just hard to see that when outside of the defaults we only have 3 new vbs.
THIS, holy crap this. V5 does English vocals a lot of justice I feel, but no one’s giving it a chance anymore and that’s unfair. I want more English SynthV vocals as much as anyone, but like... Vocaloid needs love too.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Honestly I just want more English Synths lol, I'll take them on either Vocaloid 5 or SynthV, but I am curious to see what a new native English vocal made specifically for V5 could sound like.. Amy and Chris have this weird quality in their voicebanks, where it seems like Yamaha tried going for realism, but instead, they sound even more glitchy and robotic half of the time due to how inconsistent their voicebanks can be. The MEIKA and Sora packages are recorded more traditionally afaik, and they are imo, the best sounding new Vocaloids we've seen yet.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
As nice as it'd be if Vocatone were to release an English V5 vocal... this post from earlier this year makes me doubt the possibility. If Zero-G couldn't come to an agreement with Yamaha, I find it very difficult to believe that Vocatone can orz

I think the most likely possibility is that it'll be a kickstarter. Maybe for V5, maybe for Synth V... who knows. Or it'll be about official character merch or something.

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Want a spiritual successor to Sweet Ann expecting cancellation notice they forgot to post cause Im a Pessimist

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Everyone talking about Ausgris while all I kinda wish for (but don't expect to happen) is a Yohioloid update/engine switch. Like.. have you guys heard Yohios recent songs? Damn his voice is really good and imagining having a Yohioloid that sounds just as good.. ohh a dream. And he also still seems like he wants to rerecord Hio so.. you know. Best thing that could happen in my opinion haha

Edit: ok I went on their twitter and since yesterday they retweeted a bunch of ausgris fanart (some of that from 2016) and nothing else. so uhm. It's actually ausgris I guess??

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
The MEIKA and Sora packages are recorded more traditionally afaik, and they are imo, the best sounding new Vocaloids we've seen yet.
Oh don't be fooled by nice covers featuring them, in editor Hime sounds like she had EQ slapped on top of her samples by someone who has never edited audio in their life ( cauzing her to have engine noise ) and Mikoto has it even worse, on top of the same issue that Hime has, not only has her voice really ugly rattling quality to it and is choppy, embarrassingly so for such a modern voicebank, but also has rather inconsistent tone that's hard to control. I've also heard reports of them having bugs, like looping samples in editor ( but personally haven't encountered them when trying their trial ).

Don't get me wrong, I'm fan of nicely tuned Meikas like any other person ( I've had my eye on Mikoto too and have grown to like Hime ) but they're easily the worst voicebanks I've ever used and honestly...objectively the lowest quality V5s who sound extremely grating in editor. Amy and Chris are hard to control tonally and have their quirks but they're nowhere as bad as the Meikas.

The advantage the Meikas have over them in terms of ease is that their voicetypes are more common ( we haven't had Chris and Amy's voicetype since V1 ) and thus are easier to tackle imo.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Oh don't be fooled by nice covers featuring them, in editor Hime sounds like she had EQ slapped on top of her samples by someone who has never edited audio in their life ( cauzing her to have engine noise ) and Mikoto has it even worse, on top of the same issue that Hime has, not only has her voice really ugly rattling quality to it and is choppy, embarrassingly so for such a modern voicebank, but also has rather inconsistent tone that's hard to control. I've also heard reports of them having bugs, like looping samples in editor ( but personally haven't encountered them when trying their trial ).

Don't get me wrong, I'm fan of nicely tuned Meikas like any other person ( I've had my eye on Mikoto too and have grown to like Hime ) but they're easily the worst voicebanks I've ever used and honestly...objectively the lowest quality V5s who sound extremely grating in editor. Amy and Chris are hard to control tonally and have their quirks but they're nowhere as bad as the Meikas.

The advantage the Meikas have over them in terms of ease is that their voicetypes are more common ( we haven't had Chris and Amy's voicetype since V1 ) and thus are easier to tackle imo.
Really? Wew, that's not the impression I got at all, but I guess I can believe it. Well Sora at least sounds pretty amazing and HQ to me, as all AHS Vocaloids post V2 do. The current Vocaloid generation absolutely does not correlate with the quality of the voicebanks being developed though, as V3 MAIKA is still the highest quality vb I've ever touched on the software, and it has been several years since she was developed. And then, in V4, we got Luka V4x English Soft, which is actually just the single worst voicebank ever released and its an absolute enigma to me how anyone ever thought that releasing it would be okay.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I've heard Sora is pretty meh too tbh, probably the weakest Vocaloid AHS has put out since 2009 well and miki v4 but that's just the same issue from her 2009 bank. From what I've heard after the updates Ken and Kaori are probably better than her (not comparing Amy and Chris due to the different languages)

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
I've heard Sora is pretty meh too tbh, probably the weakest Vocaloid AHS has put out since 2009.
Really wtf? Lmao I've had my eyes on both of the new V5s, and I knew AHS couldn't let us down because they had a pretty good streak going on with Zunko, Yukari, Akari, Iroha, Kiyoteru, and Akane/Aoi all feeling really clean to me. I still plan on getting the Meikas soon, so I'll see for myself, but from what I've heard, Sora Natural sounds like its the much more consistent voicebank to me. Sora Cool sounds like she has that same weird vowel mouth closing issue that v flower has, but that isn't a deal breaker for me either.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I have Sora, in terms of quality she's fine just more specialized than previous AHS releases besides Yuki than people give her credit for, she is better suited for ballads than pop and you can tell. As owner of both she's slightly above Iroha Natural and I'd argue Yuki Natural is AHS' worst voicebank.

She has trial so you can try her out for yourself.

And you'd be right in that her Cool is more quirky of the two but if you're looking for vb who can sing with serious power then she's very solid choice.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Yeah Sora isn't nearly as bad as the Meikas (although imo miki natural is indisputably AHS's worst post-V2 bank because her issues literally cannot be fixed without outside software)

Reactions: KingPapillon

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Yeah Sora isn't nearly as bad as the Meikas (although imo miki natural is indisputably AHS's worst post-V2 bank because her issues literally cannot be fixed without outside software)
Hard agree, Yuki is low quality too, but both Miki V2 and V4 are such a mess, and I kind of love it lool. Miki is my favorite Vocaloid, and I seriously love her robotic sound, but she also has trouble staying on pitch. For instance, her "to" sample just jumps in pitch every time in her mid range, and it makes this super squeaky sound that sounds like her voice is crackling. Running her through Melodyne post rendering is a must. What I love most about her though, is how expressive she is, with her husky low tones and her almost belting high range, and her iconic dying robot death hiss at the end of some of her vowels. Truly a queen.

Reactions: Ronny777 and ___

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Honestly I own Yuki V4 and think she's fine, easily better than some "adult" voiced JP banks I own like CUL. (I meant the pitch thing yeah, it's probably the reason why miki rarely gets use now unfortunately).

EDIT: why did I put adult in quotes, was I implying we can't prove CUL was actually voiced by an adult or something. IS THIS THE CONSPIRACY

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Honestly I own Yuki V4 and think she's fine, easily better than some "adult" voiced JP banks I own like CUL. (I meant the pitch thing yeah, it's probably the reason why miki rarely gets use now unfortunately).
Honestly, Cul’s issue is more her tone than anything. It’s just difficult to find that sweet spot that makes her sound ideal, but it’s possible. Yuki V4 is just ridiculously choppy. She’s like... Luka V4’s daughter. :clara_ani_lili: My firsthand experience with both is limited to their trial periods, so I haven’t worked with them extensively, but that’s what I’ve noticed.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Yuki V4 is just ridiculously choppy. She’s like... Luka V4’s daughter. :clara_ani_lili: My firsthand experience with both is limited to their trial periods, so I haven’t worked with them extensively, but that’s what I’ve noticed.
I got this too, I also used her trial way back on release. My guess is the new triphones they added didn't help as much for one reason or another. I heard that they used a new vp to fill in some gaps to make the vb more up to date, but I wonder if they used those samples for the triphones, or if they retro-fitted old samples to stitch those vowels into vcv strings, kind of in the same way that UTAU users made Macne Coco White into a VCV bank.

Kaai Yuki still great tho, inabakumori's new stuff with her is 10/10

Reactions: WyndReed

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I heard that they used a new vp to fill in some gaps to make the vb more up to date, but I wonder if they used those samples for the triphones, or if they retro-fitted old samples to stitch those vowels into vcv strings, kind of in the same way that UTAU users made Macne Coco White into a VCV bank.
95% sure that they confirmed the only thing the new VP did was the growl samples- Yuki's V2 recordings were actually mostly good , they just really coded her poorly from my understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)