• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yeah, I don't think anyone thought this would be an update... There's nothing they could really add except for appends.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Wow, TIL Shanghai Henian's CEO is a woman! I think she's the only female CEO of a VOCALOID producing company, right?
The video and article are actually really good too. China is taking Tianyi seriously.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
South China Morning Post made a video about Tianyi's popularity

(youtube link) (link to the article on SCMP)

Don't be surprised to see all of the stupid comments on twitter and youtube about Tianyi
I like seeing how popular Vocaloids are in other countries too. Seeing Tianyi be popular in China is nice. If only we had an American vocaloid that particularly took off over here.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
(Summarizing cause I don't have the time/energy to translate properly.)

Gynoid said they have a big announcement this week:

The Gynoid Twitter person also made like 7 tweets in a row about if they personally think Vocaloids should have a character to go along with the voice (they thought you should provide people with a character they can use).

Flower said the announcement is not about her, but it's related to her:

Please be the new Gynoid Vocaloid and not an album. 🙏

Raku

Aspiring Fan
Jun 16, 2018
Indonesia

(loose) Translation:
When this week's announcement is done, I'm going to go to a snow mountain where there's nothing but white in my view...definitely.
Don't know for sure if it's new vocaloid, but it's definitely something big just by looking at this tweet. :unsure:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I like seeing how popular Vocaloids are in other countries too. Seeing Tianyi be popular in China is nice. If only we had an American vocaloid that particularly took off over here.
Anything involving "robots" or machines replacing humanity is generally viewed with scepticism or downright fear, so I doubt Westerners in general, let alone Americans will accept or like the idea of a virtual singer in the future. (I don't think acts like Alvin and the Chipmunks and Gorrilaz count, since you can tell there are still humans singing - well, edited singers in the case of the Chipmunks). Though a Western cultural counterpart to both Miku and Tianyi would be cool.

(loose) Translation:

Don't know for sure if it's new vocaloid, but it's definitely something big just by looking at this tweet. :unsure:
I do hope it's related to a new Vocaloid and not an album. (I always ignore album releases because Japanese ones are hard to get in Britain, especially physically).

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yeah this is definitely a new Vocaloid. Like, everything points to it and they wouldn't be anywhere NEAR this stressed if it was an album. Second V5?

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
If it's a Vocaloid, then about time we got a new one. The waiting has been painful and hopefully the wait for the next one (after new Gynoid loid is released) won't be the same. orz

Reactions: MillyAqualine

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I think after this one we can hopefully see a few more VOCALOIDs this year. I have a feeling we'll never get back to that time where there was 1-2 new VOCALOIDs a month (which may be a good thing depending on how you look at it), but maybe a handful a year would be good.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I feel kind of bad that we keep talking about Gynoid but don't have a proper thread for their news. 😰 Maybe someone will make one if the big announcement is related to a new Vocaloid.

For this week's announcement, we're preparing the Website, but... it feels that 40% is finished. There's still a pile of preparation.
Note: Not that I'm a Gynoid expert, but it seems like they update the website by adding something to the banner that is clickable when news comes. But if it's a new Vocaloid and not something normal like an album, maybe it'll be fancier and we'll get demos, a 3D model, cool packaging, and stuff like that!

I was hoping their news come more like mid-weekish, but this sounds like it'll be end of the week last minute-ish. 😅

Edit: Er, wait, what if they have a song/design contest?!

This isn't related, but I found out "gynoid" means female robot/humanoid. "Android" is the male equivalent. Guess that rules out Gynoid ever making a male!
:ring_ani_lili:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Note: Not that I'm a Gynoid expert, but it seems like they update the website by adding something to the banner that is clickable when news comes. But if it's a new Vocaloid and not something normal like an album, maybe it'll be fancier and we'll get demos, a 3D model, cool packaging, and stuff like that!
Considering how stressed out Gynoid seems to be on Twitter recently, I'll be surprised and disappointed if the website update is just for a new album. It sounds like they're dropping a big update.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'm expecting a sort of press release, with character info and maybe a short version demo song, to build hype. Either way, looking forward to it!

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Yes. I don't necessarily want the spam of banks that was V3, but aside from the Chinese side, all has been pretty quiet for a long time now. I hope we get into a more comfortable groove soon. Once more vocals come out on V5, I'm sure more people will buy and use it as well (which will line Yamaha's pockets and make them a little happier)

Reactions: xuu and uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)