• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Ahh, lovely. Thank you so much! That's good to see, that there are still options for overseas buyers, even if they may be less convenient than just purchasing it yourself.

Reactions: PearlStarLight5

Krathia

Aspiring Fan
Apr 10, 2018
Neverland
www.youtube.com
You're right! And same, I usually use Superbuy to get physical things from Taobao. But they don't do digital purchases anymore, so if I want any of the Quadimension voicebanks I usually ask my friend to buy them for me. Do you know of a forwarding service that allows digital orders? 🥺
I've used Parcel Up to buy Stardust. There's a guide somewhere telling you exactly what do you need to tell them about the order (like that is a digital item, which email should the seller have for only you getting the DL and code, and so on)
[Oh well they already told you xD my page wasn't updated]

• Love
Reactions: Leon

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Haruno Sora opened a twitter recently!

Alongside Frimomen and Maki (who also tweets about the jamBAND characters), that's 3 AHS characters who now have twitter! AHS also released a new casual outfit for her!

Her twitter account will be used to deliver information about her as well as other AHS characters who don't have a twitter (Kou, Kiyoteru, Yuki, ririse, shou, miki, iroha, tsukuyomis etc.)

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Personal theory: AHS is probably gonna start updating their TTS characters to VOICEPEAK maybe?
AHS also announced the birthdays of Ririse and Shuo on the same day, Ririse in particular
I wonder why they are promoting her again. I know she's still relatively new but I wonder if she's getting a voice peak or cevio
is next month during august.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ririse, Shuo and Sora were announced for VOICEPEAK around ririse's birthday

Reactions: Leon

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I mean... maybe? AHS doesn't typically do anything for their character birthdays, though - while the companies that work with them are very character focused and love releasing/announcing things for their character birthdays, AHS themselves has always just kind of announced and released their own updates/products whenever. There's a very big chance it means nothing. All of their characters have birthdays but they don't usually do anything about them other than say happy birthday on the day orz

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
sorry im a bit out of the loop. what is seiren voice?
It's Niconico's voice changing technology, and it's scarily good - you can hear some examples in the link in that tweet before and after conversion. There's also a trial version you can download if you want to test it out.

Yukari and the Kotonohas are also on it (with their own trials). Only real downside is they're pretty expensive (19,800 yen each) so it's not really worth it as a novelty purchase unless you really plan on using it a lot (or have the money to spare).

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
Miku's makes appearances in lots of different anime, and honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about it. On one hand, I'm glad that vocaloid is getting more exposure, especially through anime, since a lot of anime fans end up getting into vocaloid. On the other, with every Miku appearence people who say "Vocaloid is an anime" are getting more and more correct.

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Miku's makes appearances in lots of different anime, and honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about it. On one hand, I'm glad that vocaloid is getting more exposure, especially through anime, since a lot of anime fans end up getting into vocaloid. On the other, with every Miku appearence people who say "Vocaloid is an anime" are getting more and more correct.
Kaf and KAFU also sang the ED of that episode.

• Wow
Reactions: Twillby and Ibis

Tortoiseshel

Aspiring Fan
Aug 23, 2021
Now, I totally understand why these new "virtual singers" like Polar and now FN Meka keep getting compared to Vocaloid/Hatsune Miku in particular. Especially since those two even have the audacity to have blue-green hair (sorry but if you're trying to pass yourself off as a virtual/robot/AI/whatever singer, you cannot have that hair color; Miku owns that. Cangqiong can get away with it because she's very pretty and nice). But I still can't help but feel a little insulted by the comparison when you look at the particulars: Like, the vocal synth scene is all about creative freedom, and collaborative art, and nearly all of the content is fanmade. Meanwhile, these virtual "influencers" (not to be a boomer but I think I'm really beginning to really hate this term/concept) are pure corporate artifice that lack any of the community and creativity that actually made Hatsune Miku et al. the icons that they are today.

Just a lil ol' rant from lil ol' me! :oops:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Now, I totally understand why these new "virtual singers" like Polar and now FN Meka keep getting compared to Vocaloid/Hatsune Miku in particular. Especially since those two even have the audacity to have blue-green hair (sorry but if you're trying to pass yourself off as a virtual/robot/AI/whatever singer, you cannot have that hair color; Miku owns that. Cangqiong can get away with it because she's very pretty and nice). But I still can't help but feel a little insulted by the comparison when you look at the particulars: Like, the vocal synth scene is all about creative freedom, and collaborative art, and nearly all of the content is fanmade. Meanwhile, these virtual "influencers" (not to be a boomer but I think I'm really beginning to really hate this term/concept) are pure corporate artifice that lack any of the community and creativity that actually made Hatsune Miku et al. the icons that they are today.

Just a lil ol' rant from lil ol' me! :oops:
Confession: I've only recently heard of Polar, so I went to look her up. She's cute! I can see the Miku influences, but I figured I wouldn't let that sour my opinion up front and went to go listen to a few of her songs.

...I'm sorry, she is the epitome of Lifeless Virtual Influencers. Yeesh, I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting it to be that offensively milquetoast. Or, as one YouTube comment put it, "Wow, you've got some hidden talent! Now please keep it hidden."

I think the only reason they're really getting compared is because of a general lack of understanding about the vocalsynth community (and vocalsynths in general). Plenty of people still believe Miku's simply a voice actor run through a filter, and a lot of people who know she's sample-based software aren't aware of how easily accessible her software really is. They just know that she's super famous and not real, so whenever influencers following similar trends come along, they're gonna be ripe for comparison. The good news is, in those comparisons, Miku almost always comes out on top because of the huge community behind her and her fellow voice synths give her far more life, whether people are aware of that reasoning or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)