• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
May I join?
Here's a couple of fairly recent songs I enjoy, I haven't been a huge fan of Pinocchio-P in the past but recently I've listened to his songs more and more:And by keisei:One of my favourite illustrators is wogura:
4523d77bd58d170e6bf5c0501122ff78.png
I'm pretty new when it comes to buying figures, here's what I own so far (mostly cheap prize figures lol). I have a ton of other Miku merchandise too but it's spread around house
20180410_193507.jpg

Reactions: idoltrash69

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
hamano and goldenchild, I’ve added you to the members list. Thank you for your contributions! It’s hard to believe you, hamano, when you say that you’re new to collecting figures and you already have a collection like that!

As you can see, I’ve updated the OP with a new piece of featured art and a new featured song. I decided to be a bit selfish and go with something personal: the song is DECO*27’s “Ghost Rule,” and the art is of Miku’s costume in the Project Diva MV of the song. Ghost Rule is easily one of my favorite recent Miku songs. It’s such a well put-together song, and DECO uses Miku so effectively in it. My favorite part is the bridge (from 2:03), but I love every second of the whole song. I also think the Project Diva MV is one of the best, especially the way Miku moves, and I love love love her outfit. While I doubt any of this is new to the members of this fan club, I thought I’d make the next featured items about sharing something that’s a personal favorite, rather than showcasing something newer or less well-known.

This brings me to an idea I’ve had. I really want this fan club to be inclusive and participatory. I’m just the club’s maintainer; I see my role as just adding people to the members list and making sure the OP looks pretty. I don’t really like the idea of me being the one in charge of the featured art and song all the time. And even if I take suggestions, I’m still the one who chooses, and so it still feels like the power is all mine. I want a way to let every member of this group have that power. So here’s my idea: :miku_chickadee: Mikurators! :miku_chickadee: A Miku Curator! Get it? Ok, let me explain.

Anyone who is a member of the Hatsune Miku Fan Club can volunteer to be a Mikurator. This means your name will be added to a list of other Mikurators, who will take turns choosing new featured content for the OP. The idea is that you’ll get to choose whatever Miku content (music/art/MMD video/whatever) that you want, and it’ll be showcased right up front in the OP, rather than buried with all the other posts in the thread. You can do something like I’ve done, which is pick something that’s a personal favorite, or you can spotlight something (a song, a producer, an artist) that you think deserves more attention, or you can just choose something you think the other club members will enjoy. Additionally, I will keep an archive in the OP of all the past featured content (with links to any music, images, and videos), not only to ensure that we don’t repeat anything, but also to serve as a record of what was contributed (and who contributed it) that people can browse.

That’s the basic idea. Please let me know what you think. Also, there are a few details regarding how to implement this idea that I want your input on:
  • How often do you think the featured items should be updated? Twice a week? Weekly? Every two weeks? Every month? I think this will depend on how many Mikurators there are. If there aren’t many Mikurators (say 4 or 5), then weekly seems fine, because then it’ll only take about a month to cycle through everyone so that you can have another turn. But if there are lot of Mikurators, maybe we’ll want to do it twice a week, so that people won’t have to wait so long. Let me know what you think about how frequently we should update.
  • What’s the best way to determine the order in which the Mikurators get to “mikurate” the OP? Alphabetically by username? Or perhaps based on when they joined the club? (If so, then is priority determined by who has been in the club longer or by who joined most recently?) Or should it be a lottery (with the idea that you can’t win again until everyone else has had their turn)? A particular issue is what to do if a new club member joins and wants to be a Mikurator: do they get shoved to the back of the line? Or maybe they get priority over people who have already mikurated at least once? I’m not sure what would be easiest and fairest thing to do, so I’d like your thoughts.
  • What kinds of limits on the amount and nature of the content should there be? Should it always be just one song and one piece of art? Or could there be more? I think it’s important to limit the size and clutter of the OP, so I think I’d prefer to limit the amount of content that can be featured. Also, while currently we have featured art and featured music, could we admit other kinds of Miku-related content? MMD videos and other Miku-related videos that aren’t music seem like obvious things to allow. But should each Mikurator be obliged to include at least one song and at least one piece or art (for example), or should we give them flexibility to, say, include only a song, or only art, or whatever? This question also depends on how much content we’ll allow Mikurators to choose. Maybe we can have two or three “slots” that can be filled with whatever kinds of content the Mikurator wants: if there were two slots, then it could be one song and one piece of art, or two songs, or a song and a video, or a video and art. Finally, I think I’d prefer if Mikurators always choose stuff made by others, and not themselves, because there are other places on the forum for sharing your own content (indeed, as long as it’s Miku-related, you can share your own stuff in this very thread). Anyway, if you have thoughts on whether and how to limit the content that Mikurators can choose to feature in the OP, let me know.

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
One of my favourite illustrators is wogura:
I had some problems yesterday, I wasn't able to attach the picture I wanted to (I was using my phone). After trying several times I gave up and attached just some random work by wogura.
This is the illustration I wanted to post: (now it works!)
Hatsune.Miku.full.1994375.jpg
by wogura

Thumbs up for Ghost Rule! I love that song.
Also, I like the idea of Mikurators. Updating once a week is good in my opinion, though if there's, say, 5 or more Mikurators then we should update twice a week. I think 4 or 5 weeks is a good cycle, but two months for example is too long time to wait.
I feel that a lottery would be the best to determine the "mikurating" order. There's just the matter of keeping track on the cycle (=every Mikurator has their turn before the lottery cycle starts all over again). New volunteer Mikurators would simply be included in the next lottery draw, so they have a chance of becoming a Mikurator right away.
Finally, the content. I'm in favour of one featured song, one piece of art and one "free" slot. This free slot could include an additional song, artwork or some other kind of Miku related content (like an MMD video for example), whatever the Mikurator wants to put in the free slot as long as it's about Miku.

Just my thoughts, looking forward to more opinions!

I had some problems yesterday, I wasn't able to attach the picture I wanted to (I was using my phone). After trying several times I gave up and attached just some random work by wogura.
This is the illustration I wanted to post: (now it works!)
I have a poster of that one.

As you can see, I’ve updated the OP with a new piece of featured art and a new featured song. I decided to be a bit selfish and go with something personal: the song is DECO*27’s “Ghost Rule,” and the art is of Miku’s costume in the Project Diva MV of the song. Ghost Rule is easily one of my favorite recent Miku songs. It’s such a well put-together song, and DECO uses Miku so effectively in it. My favorite part is the bridge (from 2:03), but I love every second of the whole song. I also think the Project Diva MV is one of the best, especially the way Miku moves, and I love love love her outfit. While I doubt any of this is new to the members of this fan club, I thought I’d make the next featured items about sharing something that’s a personal favorite, rather than showcasing something newer or less well-known.

This brings me to an idea I’ve had. I really want this fan club to be inclusive and participatory. I’m just the club’s maintainer; I see my role as just adding people to the members list and making sure the OP looks pretty. I don’t really like the idea of me being the one in charge of the featured art and song all the time. And even if I take suggestions, I’m still the one who chooses, and so it still feels like the power is all mine. I want a way to let every member of this group have that power. So here’s my idea: :miku_chickadee: Mikurators! :miku_chickadee: A Miku Curator! Get it? Ok, let me explain.

Anyone who is a member of the Hatsune Miku Fan Club can volunteer to be a Mikurator. This means your name will be added to a list of other Mikurators, who will take turns choosing new featured content for the OP. The idea is that you’ll get to choose whatever Miku content (music/art/MMD video/whatever) that you want, and it’ll be showcased right up front in the OP, rather than buried with all the other posts in the thread. You can do something like I’ve done, which is pick something that’s a personal favorite, or you can spotlight something (a song, a producer, an artist) that you think deserves more attention, or you can just choose something you think the other club members will enjoy. Additionally, I will keep an archive in the OP of all the past featured content (with links to any music, images, and videos), not only to ensure that we don’t repeat anything, but also to serve as a record of what was contributed (and who contributed it) that people can browse.

That’s the basic idea. Please let me know what you think. Also, there are a few details regarding how to implement this idea that I want your input on:
  • How often do you think the featured items should be updated? Twice a week? Weekly? Every two weeks? Every month? I think this will depend on how many Mikurators there are. If there aren’t many Mikurators (say 4 or 5), then weekly seems fine, because then it’ll only take about a month to cycle through everyone so that you can have another turn. But if there are lot of Mikurators, maybe we’ll want to do it twice a week, so that people won’t have to wait so long. Let me know what you think about how frequently we should update.
  • What’s the best way to determine the order in which the Mikurators get to “mikurate” the OP? Alphabetically by username? Or perhaps based on when they joined the club? (If so, then is priority determined by who has been in the club longer or by who joined most recently?) Or should it be a lottery (with the idea that you can’t win again until everyone else has had their turn)? A particular issue is what to do if a new club member joins and wants to be a Mikurator: do they get shoved to the back of the line? Or maybe they get priority over people who have already mikurated at least once? I’m not sure what would be easiest and fairest thing to do, so I’d like your thoughts.
  • What kinds of limits on the amount and nature of the content should there be? Should it always be just one song and one piece of art? Or could there be more? I think it’s important to limit the size and clutter of the OP, so I think I’d prefer to limit the amount of content that can be featured. Also, while currently we have featured art and featured music, could we admit other kinds of Miku-related content? MMD videos and other Miku-related videos that aren’t music seem like obvious things to allow. But should each Mikurator be obliged to include at least one song and at least one piece or art (for example), or should we give them flexibility to, say, include only a song, or only art, or whatever? This question also depends on how much content we’ll allow Mikurators to choose. Maybe we can have two or three “slots” that can be filled with whatever kinds of content the Mikurator wants: if there were two slots, then it could be one song and one piece of art, or two songs, or a song and a video, or a video and art. Finally, I think I’d prefer if Mikurators always choose stuff made by others, and not themselves, because there are other places on the forum for sharing your own content (indeed, as long as it’s Miku-related, you can share your own stuff in this very thread). Anyway, if you have thoughts on whether and how to limit the content that Mikurators can choose to feature in the OP, let me know.
Count me in! And since we have mod's and admins here and you don't want to be in "full power", why don't we just change the post's owner to the active Mikurator? Like, once a week?

1) Weekly. Once there are over 10 Mikurators, we can change it.
2) Some usernames don't start with a letter (and some don't have letters at all...), so choosing alphabetically is a bad option. Let's determine the MRs based on how long they have been active in this club. Priority should go to those, who haven't been MRs yet.
3) Some embeds are bigger than others, e.g. SoundCloud and Piapro are small compared to YT, NND and billiblli. We should maintain a good structure by keeping attention to the size.
Let's say, we have 3 "slots"...
Video site embed = 2 slots
Music site embed = 1 slot
Horinzontale artwork = 1 slot
Vertical artwork = 2 slots

Last edited:
Reactions: idoltrash69

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Let me join?

As for the contribution, I made this awful cover?
It's actually nice. : )
I didn't even read the title, so I thought her English was odd until I saw that you used her Dark voicebank. X D
I added it to my writing playlist since it sounds nice, sad, and touching. (^_^)/
Hello! May i join? Here's a funny Miku cover of a metal song (god knows how i found this).
What the heck, I found myself liking this sound even though I don't really like metal or heavy metal/rock/scream songs?! Yet I found myself tapping my foot along with the beat of the guitar? (O_O)
What language is she singing in? German? : O

MikuVocaloid39

Miku 4 Life
Apr 16, 2018
England
It's actually nice. : )
I didn't even read the title, so I thought her English was odd until I saw that you used her Dark voicebank. X D
I added it to my writing playlist since it sounds nice, sad, and touching. (^_^)/

What the heck, I found myself liking this sound even though I don't really like metal or heavy metal/rock/scream songs?! Yet I found myself tapping my foot along with the beat of the guitar? (O_O)
What language is she singing in? German? : O
Yes! The original is by a german band called Rammstein (song is called Du Hast). :)

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
@CallmeNerdy and @MikuVocaloid39 you've been added! We're already at 15 club members! We should probably do something to mark when we get 39 members.

Thanks hamano and ZAR-PARTY for your input on how to implement Mikurators. After taking it into consideration, here's what I think:

1. The consensus is for starting with weekly updates, and then switching to a faster update schedule (probably twice weekly) if and when there are enough Mikurators to warrant it.
2. I'd like to put this to a vote. While the lottery system is simple, it's unpredictable and irregular. Club membership seniority is a sensible option, but the question is whether or not we give priority to first-time Mikurators. While that's a nice idea, it could be annoying if your turn is supposed to be next and then someone new shows up and you have to wait another week. Please vote here.
3. I like hamano's idea to have one art slot, one music slot, and one optional third slot of whatever else the Mikurator wants. I don't think it could take up too much space that way, and it's simple. TBH, I've been impressed with how well the site accommodates large image sizes, whether viewed on a normal screen or on mobile.

I'd prefer to have the Mikurator send me the links to the content they want featured, and then I edit the OP. While I don't want to always control the featured content in the OP, I think it's better to have one person in charge of the permanent content and overall format (though I am always going to be open to suggestions for new permanent content and/or formatting changes). I admit that I do have a sense of ownership over this fan club. But that's why I want to create this Mikurator position, so that all club members can have at least a little control over the OP.

If there aren't any further ideas or concerns, I'll probably implement Mikurators before then end of this week, meaning next week's featured content will be chosen by our first Mikurator! If you are interested in being a Mikurator, please pm me!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
2. I'd like to put this to a vote. While the lottery system is simple, it's unpredictable and irregular. Club membership seniority is a sensible option, but the question is whether or not we give priority to first-time Mikurators. While that's a nice idea, it could be annoying if your turn is supposed to be next and then someone new shows up and you have to wait another week. Please vote here.
I think I've had a change of heart with this. While my opinion was that a lottery would give a nice element of unpredictabiliy, after giving it more thought I feel that a set order is better since it allows more time for the Mikurators to decide on a possible theme and find the content they wish to feature. I just can't make up my mind about wether or not to give priority for new Mikurators.

I think I've had a change of heart with this. While my opinion was that a lottery would give a nice element of unpredictabiliy, after giving it more thought I feel that a set order is better since it allows more time for the Mikurators to decide on a possible theme and find the content they wish to feature. I just can't make up my mind about wether or not to give priority for new Mikurators.
Let's make a "round" of participating Mikurators. Once the first round is over after everyone has been a MR, new Mikurators can join the 2nd round together with the already existing MRs. If new members want to become MRs, they have to wait until everyone from the 2nd round has been one to join in the 3rd round. And so on...

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
I'll leave the poll up for a day or two more, but I suspect that everyone who cares to vote has already done so. Here are the results as of now (this tally doesn't include me, by the way):

1524259983410.png

So, it's clear that most people who voted are in favor of order based on club membership seniority, with NO priority to new Mikurators.

But ZAR-PARTY has just had a good suggestion, which is to have set "rounds" of mikurating. As I understand the way it's supposed to work, only the Mikurators who were active at the start of a round will have a chance to mikurate in that round (with the order based on club membership seniority, since this is what most who voted in the poll want). This means that anyone who decides they want to become a Mikurator after a round has already started will have to wait until the next round. I think that's simple and fair enough.

Would everyone be good with having Sunday as the day the OP gets updated with each Mikurator's content choices? It gives you the whole weekend to make your choices if you're mikurating that week.

So far, ZAR-PARTY, RazzyRu, and hamano have volunteered to be Mikurators. I'll be a Mikurator too, but I'll consider my most recent update as my first turn, so next in line would be ZAR-PARTY. @ZAR-PARTY would you be ready to send me your content choices so that I can add them to the OP by Sunday?

Assuming we'll do this in rounds, I think I'll keep accepting requests from members who want to become Mikurators for this first round until this Sunday. After this Sunday, you'll have to wait until the next round to mikurate, SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BE A MIKURATOR. To be clear, you can request to be a Mikurator at any time, but you'll have to request before this Sunday to be able to participate in this first round of mikurating.

Last edited:
So far, ZAR-PARTY, RazzyRu, and hamano have volunteered to be Mikurators. I'll be a Mikurator too, but I'll consider my most recent update as my first turn, so next in line would be ZAR-PARTY. @ZAR-PARTY would you be ready to send me your content choices so that I can add them to the OP by Sunday?
Let's take a look at my 5000 images of Miku then. I feel like a lady who can't choose the right pair of boots but I have something in mind. I have 3 slots for images and videos, yes?

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
Let's take a look at my 5000 images of Miku then. I feel like a lady who can't choose the right pair of boots but I have something in mind. I have 3 slots for images and videos, yes?
1 song/music video, 1 picture, and an optional third slot that can be another song, or picture, or something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)