• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Thanks! I like the song too, I think it's a good mix between traditional and modern elements.
As for the illustration I had a bit of difficulty deciding what to pick. One strong contender was this beautiful piece of art by KEI, but I thought it had more the atmosphere of summer rather than traditionality;
__hatsune_miku_vocaloid_drawn_by_kei_keigarou__1c2e478ee5aea5e6c1d32179ebb22716.jpg

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
As for the illustration I had a bit of difficulty deciding what to pick. One strong contender was this beautiful piece of art by KEI, but I thought it had more the atmosphere of summer rather than traditionality;
View attachment 586
That's a really pretty piece of artwork, too! Makes me wish I could go to a festival right now. :)

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
New content in the OP! I was mikurating this time. I ended up changing my plans completely last minute and decided to go with a Miku English theme. I decided to feature an awesome song by @WintermintP using Miku V4 English, as well as cillia's superb English-language cover of "Tell Your World." I think these really show what Miku English is capable of.

I know a lot of fans of Engloids look down on Miku English because she's not a native English VB and she consequently has a lot of issues, and of course has Miku's high-pitched "character voice" rather than a more natural voice, and yet because she's Miku she's still popular. But I think she's got a lot to offer that's unique among Engloids, and I wanted to celebrate that.

I want to know what some of your favorite Miku English songs are!

Here is just one more of my favorites:

I think CircusP achieves something really special with his tuning of Miku here. It's very expressive. Listen, for example, to the way she sings the word "smash."

Also, do you prefer V3 English or V4 English? I personally like V4 better because I think it fixes a lot of pronunciation issues and just sounds more consistent with her original VB. But V3 has a lot of potential too (I mean, "Deja Vu" uses V3).

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
Thanks @idoltrash69 !

Oh and the featured artwork is by zain, who drew the official art for Miku V3 English (that art can be found in the OP under "Official Miku Artwork")

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Hm!

I will go with Miku V3 English for now, as her voice has more of a softer/mature tone. It sounds similar to her Dark voicebanks.

Here is one of my favorite Miku V3 English songs

Stutter by ジワタネホ

I enjoy both V3 and V4 though, for different reasons. There's quite a different voice tone between them! They both work strongly in various genres

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@RazzyRu It might be a bit more than I need right now, but you just made me realize that I could use Miku V3E to add some range to my Miku V4E (since English can't use EVEC or the appends). Thanks!

I've actually been looking for some good Miku English music lately, so this theme is like Christmas! So much other great music between this week's feature and the last couple posts! :)

@ZAR-PARTY "On Top" is gonna just randomly come to my mind while I'm out somewhere doing whatever, I just know it... :) It has that awesome, infectious, sticks-with-you quality.

@GreenFantasy64 "Q" is pretty awesome! :)

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
ooo another good Miku English song is v3xman's cover of "Zombie" by The Cranberries:

I think it really shows how good Miku's pronunciation can be. And it's an especially helpful video because v3xman embeds notes about how he adjusted Miku's phonemes to correct certain pronunciation problems.

(But I wince at the fact that he seems to think the song is about actual zombies, when it's really about the 1993 Irish Republican Army bombings.)

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
@Hatsune-hakase Thanks for the feature! BUT...

Although I do understand the point you're trying to get across, it's one of the weaker songs amongst the ones I've done recently. >.<

This Friday at 10:00 is when my strongest song in the album goes up on YouTube. I really can't help but suggest that (the whole album is on a daily schedule).

It's also available on SoundCloud!

WintermintP

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
@Hatsune-hakase Thanks for the feature! BUT...

Although I do understand the point you're trying to get across, it's one of the weaker songs amongst the ones I've done recently. >.<
Oh, that's interesting. What makes you say it's one your weaker songs? I really liked it, which is why I wanted to feature it. And I like "The Chamber" too, but I really do think I like "New Kind of Winter Wonderland" better.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Oh, that's interesting. What makes you say it's one your weaker songs? I really liked it, which is why I wanted to feature it. And I like "The Chamber" too, but I really do think I like "New Kind of Winter Wonderland" better.
Honestly that was one of the earlier songs, and the compo and the mixing was just plain rusty. Not helped by the fact that I had to rework the mix out of the old samples, which were basically impossible to salvage.

"The Chamber," on the other hand, has better guitar performances and the guitar tones came out much better in it.

I was a little hesitant, but if you still insist on hearing the new track, here it is!

https://vocadb.net/S/194416
WintermintP

Reactions: mobius017

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)