• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Project Sekai news and discussion

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Unles the apple outage ends project Sekai will not release in an hour. It will release when apple services are back up so everyone can play the game together
*Edit*
The game will be released at 13:00 JST

Last edited:

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
After some more connection errors (turns out the app reeeeeally didn't like me being connected to a VPN sever at all xd) I got the game to work and everything! Don't have much time now but from my testing it works well and I am excited for more!

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
So I played quite a bit now and I am liking it! I replaced all "members" with Vocaloids, not sure why I would ever want one of the idol girls xd
Are the Vocaloids not popular enough to warrant having their own game anymore?
Is fun to play but pretty much have exactly the same critisism like Bang Dream... I dislike the "flick notes", they just are just as unreliable for me and I lose my combo almost exclusively there (any advice?) and as I feared before, the scoring system. Didn't matter at all how well I played, always a "C". I know I have complained about this before and I know this is supposedly how they make money, but to me that just doesn't make a single bit of sense. I played well, I should get a good score.

Playing on the go with my bluetooth headphones the delay for the audio when you hit a note was so bad I had to switch off the sound effect for that altogether. Guess just a Bluetooth issue?

Two more questions, so how do you earn whatever currency it is to buy more songs? I bought a few but ran out and playing a few songs didn't give me any new credits for it.
And also, I forgot to check beforehand but, playing on the go, does the game use much mobile data? When the songs "load" I hope they don't literally download just then.
After playing the tutorial a bunch of data got downloaded, hope most stuff is stored locally and it doesn't drain my data on the go (battery drainage is bad enough xd).

EDIT:
Now I got a more "serious" problem, I can't get past the title screen again, it loads and doesn't give me an error message at all, just goes back to "tap to start"...
EDIT 2:
And now the app keeps crashing on the title screen altogether lol. Can't really be my phone being not good enough, I played for like 1 hour on the go earlier.
EDIT 3:
Works again, guess it isjust buggy (at least for me)...

Last edited:

Heart-Eclipse-Dogma

Dedicated Yukaria Shipper
Sep 26, 2020
Hey guys, I have a question; I don't know why it's happening, but i'm no longer getting ANY points when I play a song. I was playing around 9 am and getting Cs on hard mode, but then for no apparent reason I went to play a new song and started earning only 1 point a note? My max score was in the hundreds and not even visibly filling the bar. My team is a four star (the Mikurin picture), three star Meiko, three star purple haired guy (Rui?), two star Ichika, and two star Luka. Anyone know why this is happening?

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Probably a bug. The game is completely overloaded with the amount of players and there have been lots of bugs because of that. There have been a few short maintenances but I'm sure in the next few days we'll get a big one to fix everything.

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
I gotta say it was hard to navigate the game at first but I’m starting to get the hang of it. I really really, like the game quite a bit!! I can see so many elements from project diva it’s like this is what they wanted to do with X but couldn’t so I’m glad to see the idea being fully fleshed out. The only thing I hate is how much it takes to unlock everything but they gotta keep you playing somehow.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Maybe my ealier message was a bit long so I will summarize some parts as I still have some points I really would need some help on xd
1)Any advice how to more accurately perform flick notes?
2) Any way to disable game notifications on Android, didn't find a setting ingame
3) What makes you unlock the thing that buys you more songs in the shop?
4) Most importantly really, does the game use mobile data? Or are the songs mostly pre-loaded to the game (so when the game loads a song, it doesn't use data but just loads it from the phone's memory)

Thanks! I will keep exploring but lol maybe I should break out of my ways and also do more of the story, so far I have only played individual songs xd

EDIT:
5) Just checked out the gaccha for the first time, and it says I have 4970 of those crystals, but when I want a draw it says I have none and brings me to the shop where it charges real money. I know in these kinds of games you can speed up the process my spending real money, but if Bang Dream is any indication you can still get draws for free, so how come I can't get any? What do I need to do to get members by "just playing the game"? Seems like I have the currency but game says I don't!

@Rolo
I can see what you mean, does feel like an advanced PDX! I still wished this was a "regular" game...still not used to mobile games. Would rather have the chance to play songs on higher difficulties to practice without dropping out super quick, don't rely on good members that I have to buy and so on. Would happily just pay full game price and have none of that other mobile game microtransaction stuff but I guess that's how you make money nowadays.
What do you mean by stuff takes long to unlock? The members I mentioned if you don't wanna spend the money?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Big agree with you there Kevin. Would definitely be nice as a full game so you could skip all the gacha money elements, the game would probably run better too. But yeah that’s what I mean like you have to play a lot or unlock the story, unlock items for costumes (you can only make one costume per person too), unlocking the gacha related stuff is just pure luck so who knows how long that could be. For someone like me who likes to complete stuff fully it’s a bit frustrating. If you’re not willing to pay to get those items fast it could be while to get some things.

Mika

Jul 5, 2018
Germany
1)Any advice how to more accurately perform flick notes?
2) Any way to disable game notifications on Android, didn't find a setting ingame
3) What makes you unlock the thing that buys you more songs in the shop?
4) Most importantly really, does the game use mobile data? Or are the songs mostly pre-loaded to the game (so when the game loads a song, it doesn't use data but just loads it from the phone's memory)

EDIT:
5) Just checked out the gaccha for the first time, and it says I have 4970 of those crystals, but when I want a draw it says I have none and brings me to the shop where it charges real money. I know in these kinds of games you can speed up the process my spending real money, but if Bang Dream is any indication you can still get draws for free, so how come I can't get any? What do I need to do to get members by "just playing the game"? Seems like I have the currency but game says I don't!
1) maybe try to do them a bit sooner? Idk I play with thumbs and have no problem whatsoever with the flick notes. You can also flick in any direction you want to, not just up.

2) you would have to change your phone settings I guess, I don't have any notifications

3) hmm I didn't really pay any attention but I think through reading the story or leveling up. I got quite a bit so just.. play

4) Can't answer this, sorry

5) you are on the wrong banner. There currently are 2. One is the regular one with all four 4 stars, the other one is with just the 3 Vocaloid 4 stars. The Vocaloid banner is cheaper BUT only works with paid gems. That's why it doesn't work. You have to scout on the 3000 gems banner.

Reactions: 39dearMIKU

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Does anyone know how to get a B rank in project sekai? I have a team of two 4 star and three 3 star cards all at level 20 but I still can’t get a B even when I clear a song perfectly. I’m getting close though but I’m not sure if there’s something I should be doing to my cards.

Mika

Jul 5, 2018
Germany
They probably need to be at a higher level, best would be full level.

Btw, something very important!! Do NOT, under any circumstances, fill out all your 10 teams. It can fully break your game. DO NOT DO IT.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Okay after some playing this is with two 4 stars and three 3 stars you start to get B rank around level 38-40. I’ll see what happens now since my 4 stars are level 39 and my 3 stars are max level with two being awakened.

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Apparently songs sung by other companies' voicebanks also got featured on this game as well?
I checked and noticed "Kimi no Yozora" is just a cover, not the original IA version while Charles with vflower's vocalscan be used in the game. I'm rather confused on who really owns the song and on the legal rights since vflower, gumi and IA are from different companies. I heard IA songs in other rhythm games such as Groove coaster, Taiko and Bang dream. Bang Dream already had cover of "Asu no Yozora" and Kemu's "Six Trillion years and an Overnight story" in their game, so they can do it again for Project Sekai.

But I hope it's the original vocaloid and not a cover.

For the actual right, do they need the Producer or the company's permission? Same goes to Yobanashi Deceive and the other non-crypton songs.

Last edited:

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
I checked and noticed "Kimi no Yozora" is just a cover, not the original IA version while Charles with vflower's vocalscan be used in the game. I'm rather confused on who really owns the song and on the legal rights since vflower, gumi and IA are from different companies. I heard IA songs in other rhythm games such as Groove coaster, Taiko and Bang dream. Bang Dream already had cover of "Asu no Yozora" and Kemu's "Six Trillion years and an Overnight story" in their game, so they can do it again for Project Sekai.

But I hope it's the original vocaloid and not a cover.

For the actual right, do they need the Producer or the company's permission? Same goes to Yobanashi Deceive and the other non-crypton songs.
To use a different vocal for the song you need the company that made the vocaloid’s permission. You need the producer’s permission for the song only since the producer can’t clear the usage for a vocaloid they don’t own however I’m sure this can be a even more complicated process if there are record labels involved. This is why project diva had songs like Travel Beyond the Moon by Rin and Len (which is originally Gumi I believe) High school days by Miku (Which is originally by Gumi) and 1, 2 fanclub live and in game with Rin and Len even though Gumi is on the song because they got cleared for the song but not the vocaloid. The songs that were advertised as having the original versions probably got special permission or a deal with the vocaloid companies but it probably wasn’t a deal for every song so I wouldn’t expect them to do this often.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
@Rolo
While that is good information, I don't think it is likely that Crypron didn't "get cleared" for the Vocaloid but rather, it's their game with their Vocaloids (or Piapro characters as they want to call them now^^) so for those popular songs I assume they'd want to use cover versions with Miku/Rin etc regardless.

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
@Rolo
While that is good information, I don't think it is likely that Crypron didn't "get cleared" for the Vocaloid but rather, it's their game with their Vocaloids (or Piapro characters as they want to call them now^^) so for those popular songs I assume they'd want to use cover versions with Miku/Rin etc regardless.
You know I can see that but I don’t entirely agree Kevin. Sega has shown they’ve wanted gumi in their games for a while now. I’m sure if they could’ve had gumi and the original song they definitely would’ve went for it. Since Mirai had so many songs that featured Gumi and a Piapro loid. Travel beyond the moon is a special case however since it only got in for winning an edit contest Sega never intended to add it.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
It's probably a mixture of all your points (Getting "cleared" for permissions, Using covers because Miku game, Deals). It's probably not cheap to get Internet Co's permission to use Gumi on top of Producer permissions for the songs (or any other vocal like Flower or IA). And likely at the beginning of the Diva series they wouldn't have wanted to use a Gumi song because it was a newer series and production costs.

I am happy that Project Sekai is pulling in these other Vocaloids though because it could give more incentive for more of these collabs, especially as Crypton goes from Vocaloid to Piaproloids (or whatever they're called now?) The game honestly looks fun and even the covers by the bands are usually good? Waiting for an eventual localization if only because I'm too lazy to get into my Japanese Itunes account...

Reactions: Stardust

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I guess whenever the other IA song, Yobanashi Deceive, gets added into the game we'll have our answer? If the original IA version isn't included I think it'd be safe to say that they just couldn't get 1st Place's permission to use IA's vocals at all for whatever reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)