• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Chiyu's SVR2 demo song, "404 Not Found", is now uploaded to YouTube.

Also, as Koharu Rikka has almost approached her singing synthesis voicebank goal, we might hear news of the chosen engine for her voicebank (most likely SynthV) soon.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I don't know if it's just better tuning but she seems a lot more expressive than the original and doesn't seem to sound gross on her low notes

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020

So apparently we're also going to get a whole ass lineup of new voices on the stream too!
im so damn excited m8 you have no idea
i know this is a fat chance but i really wanna know if they're gonna give us a male English voicebank because auHGHGHG i want one so bad

hype get!!!!

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Really curious how the new vbs/characters(?) will sound... I just hope there will be more English voices this time around since Eleanor is still the only English SynthV.

Reactions: REDD

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
We know for sure we're getting from Quadimension one English vocal (English Stardust/Zero) and a male vocal. Then people suspect Rikka Koharu is getting her singing voice with Synth V. I'm really not sure if they count as the well-known Japanese company Kanru said he was working with (while they had star power, they definitely weren't big). Hopefully the line up of vocals included a finished Genbu and Renri!

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Give us an English male so that people can stop sharing tips for how to male Eleanor sound male. (Seriously, male Synth V vocals is one of the most popular Synth V thread types, people talk about it almost every single week and there are multiple threads on the issue.)
:arsloid_ani_lili:

Reactions: REDD and Aia

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I don't think I've seen any confirmation that Quadimension are giving us a English voicebank, but it's likely they'll announce a Male Chinese voice. Rikka is almost certainly being announced at the very least, if they don't show off a demo. We can expect a few updates for existing SynthV voices, too. With regards to the "well-known company", I might get in trouble with someone for saying this but the original one fell through as far as I'm aware. Considering the way it's being marketed I'd expect at least a couple more new voices in addition to the male Quadimension vocal and Rikka.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
@xuu This is the post from March of last year (holy moly, we've been waiting a long time) where Quadimension listed their plans, Zero/Stardust English is #3 on the list:

I think it's possible they might not announce voice banks we are expecting (might be delays or completely new voice banks/different companies involved than we realize), though.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
@xuu This is the post from March of last year (holy moly, we've been waiting a long time) where Quadimension listed their plans, Zero/Stardust English is #3 on the list:
We're not getting those voicebanks for a long time because of contract issues with Shanghai Henian, and they've not said anything about any other English voicebanks. I'm pretty sure I've brought it up here or in the Medium5 thread before, but Shanghai Henian for whatever reason haven't let Quadimension develop Xingchen's voicebanks on SynthV and their options are pretty limited (buy out the contract (expensive), fight it in court or just wait for the contract to end). Otherwise we'd most likely have had some sort of acknowledgement from Quadimension that her voicebank had entered development or that they were doing tests a long while ago when instead all they've talked about is updating their current voices (and a couple of mentions of a male voice).

EDIT: Also, they completely omitted Haiyi from that list but she was completed before Xingchen or the male voice were even talked about further, so it's not gospel by any means.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I wanted to chime a bit in with Xuu said.

A few weeks ago Dreamtonics said that friday's stream is going to be primarily in english and japanese with mandarin subtitles to be available. I think they're going to focus on japanese and english banks for this particular stream. I'm sure if they have a bunch of mandarin banks to show off, it's going to get it's own stream later because of Quad's success with SynthV on Bili. But for this stream it's likely going to be AHS (remember they're going to have a stream at the same exact time) and maybe a few english speaking VIPs too.

Last edited:

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
tfw the stream is literally at 5AM in your timezone :kaito_lili:
eh, even if i miss the Synth V Direct Dreamtonics stream i'll have you guys to fill me in :)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I wonder what that means, "new voices will be announced from our partner's side at noon", like, how are we supposed to know who the partner is/where the announcement are? Hopefully the Dreamtonics Twitter shares the info when it happens.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I wonder what that means, "new voices will be announced from our partner's side at noon", like, how are we supposed to know who the partner is/where the announcement are? Hopefully the Dreamtonics Twitter shares the info when it happens.
Not that entirely sure about the partner but I guess when they said noon, they meant 12:00 tokyo time which is 11 pm east coast time tonight.

If I had to guess it could be a western company who doesn't want to make an announcement that early in the morning or wanted to create hype before the early morning stream. I would have said Zero G but that's really late at night/early in the morning for them to make an announcement. All of that top of the fact it was from their english twitter account makes me think it's a western company.

Or it could be noon today in the states or the uk? Ahh I dunno.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)