• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I wonder if that means Macne Nana is possible because Sora shares Macne Coco's voice provider and 80 pecercet probably started out as a Macne Nana update.

• Sad
Reactions: poser and WyndReed

___

Oct 8, 2019
I wonder if that means Macne Nana is possible because Sora shares Macne Coco's voice provider and 80 pecercet probably started out as a Macne Nana update.
The reason I say Sora was the most likely is because AHS fully owns Sora, whereas they don't own Nana, lowering her likelihood significantly.

Out of all the collaborative AHS projects, I consider Nana the most likely, but there was significant advantage for Sora to make this project come to fruition that Nana doesn't have that I feel like shouldn't be undermined.

• Sad
Reactions: poser and WyndReed

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Well, I'm glad she's getting a new lease on life. Personally, Sora has never been my favorite character even if her big-hatted princely persona was cool. But her voice is undoubtedly nice, so I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Reactions: WyndReed

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
The only old ahsloids left are Yuki, Miki, Kiyoteru, Iroha, Nana, Petit, Ai, Shouta, Yoshida and Kou. Yuki Ai and Shouta's vps are too old now, I belive that Miki's and Kiyoteru's vps said that they don't wish to voice any vbs anymore, Iroha's vp is on hormones, Yoshida is a very unusual character so if he gets updated he's likely to flop (although i'd buy him in a flash if he ever gets a singing vb cgcggcrgrfgrfgfrgf), and im not sure if Kou's vp can even sing, but ig it means that he may get a talk vb someday? That only ones left are Nana and Petit. They are not fully by Ahs, but i don't think that it's stopping them from getting updated if they wish to do so.

Reactions: WyndReed

___

Oct 8, 2019
The only old ahsloids left are Yuki, Miki, Kiyoteru, Iroha, Nana, Petit, Ai, Shouta, Yoshida and Kou. Yuki Ai and Shouta's vps are too old now, I belive that Miki's and Kiyoteru's vps said that they don't wish to voice any vbs anymore, Iroha's vp is on hormones, Yoshida is a very unusual character so if he gets updated he's likely to flop (although i'd buy him in a flash if he ever gets a singing vb cgcggcrgrfgrfgfrgf), and im not sure if Kou's vp can even sing, but ig it means that he may get a talk vb someday? That only ones left are Nana and Petit. They are not fully by Ahs, but i don't think that it's stopping them from getting updated if they wish to do so.
not really, here are all proper 100% AHS characters as a reference

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Ohhhhh!!! I loooove Kikuko Inoue’s voice but never really was a fan of Sora’s voice on V5 (frankly a disappointing rendition of such an iconic seiyuu’s voice 😅). I’m really excited to hear a new take on her voice with an AI bank!

Reactions: WyndReed and pico

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
Haruno Sora my beloved!

To be fair, this was one of the more likely SynthV's we would get tbh since she's 100% owned by AHS so there isn't too much licencing shenanigans to worry about, plus she's still a (relatively) recent chara so most of the people involved in her creation (VP, illustrator etc.) are still more likely to be readily available so it's more plausible. Still, I am very excited for her! I already liked her V5 a lot but also did not exactly had the cash to fork over for vocaloid 5 plus the VB.

I think she's gonna be incredible on SV, I am not the type of vocalsynth fan that wants every hecking synth on SynthV cause like not all of them would work on the engine imho, but I always believed that Sora would really benefit from an SV port cause I felt like V5 did not quite do her justice. She's still great but like, a lot of the subtle textures of Kikuko Inoue's singing that makes it great get lost in the vocaloid vocoder which is a real shame. (Plus there is the pragmatic reason that I already own SynthV and non-Vocaloid vbs are usually on the cheaper side by comparison.)

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
There have also been some updates to vocal modes and crosslingual, but I am in the trenches on Twitter trying to find comparisons.

Teto tone comparison:

Maki rap:

Some people are mentioning that several voicebanks have become deeper with the new update; may require some adjustments to the Gender parameter.

*edit*

Solaria and Asterian update video!

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
while Eclipsed Sounds made their video explaining some changes, i was working on an old cover again and noticed really how much Solaria has improved! its actually quite a bit when you go in depth with the tuning, so i wanted to post the comparison i have. (note timing from praat/pitch too but it was a mess i kinda redid it all lol)

(ignore any phoneme issues- that was the fault of the old render where i hadnt changed the defaults)

pointing it out especially because i have been redoing this cover for months (bc there was one major update- and then uh.... another lol.) and the high parts at the end, oof. they were hard to make any more powerful, comparable to the original (seriously, go listen to 'crossing the line' from tangled, the original vc is very very impressive). and yeah, she can't perfectly hold herself up there but, goddamn its so much more solid than before.

kylin

ᐕ) howdy!
Feb 9, 2023
So I downloaded the new update, and honestly I think moving the instant mode from a project-wide scale to a note-by-note scale was a good move. I will say that I don't super care for the fact if you don't want Instant Mode on (like me, I like doing almost all of my tuning by hand), you have to turn it off with each note. I mean you could sketch all of your notes out first, ctrl + A, and then hit manual, but it'd be nice if in the voice panel you could just choose whether or not you wanted Instant Mode on or off. But other than that, no complaints really.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)