• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID The ideal engloid?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Just wondering what engloid you wish existed, what voice type are you looking for or you think is missing in the already existing selection of engloids?

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hmmm. I really want a powerful female voice. Like, loud and strong. Almost like a rock vocalist.
We have some nice versatile female engloids right now (Daina, Ruby, Cyva) but they just don't have the power that I'm looking for.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Hmmm. I really want a powerful female voice. Like, loud and strong. Almost like a rock vocalist.
We have some nice versatile female engloids right now (Daina, Ruby, Cyva) but they just don't have the power that I'm looking for.
I'm with you there. It's good there are some voicebanks that can somewhat fill the role but they aren't quite there yet.

Would you prefer if she had more mature or childish voice?

Sep 21, 2019
I'd love a powerful female vocalist as well! Preferably one with a mature voice while being similar to Rin/Mikoto/Flower in terms of power. I'd also really love a Scottish accented Engloid, don't care if it's male or female.

Oh, and one with a similar voice to Miku's dark append! (I love the mysterious tone of dark, so if they released an Engloid with that type of voice, I'd buy it in a second!)

___

Oct 8, 2019
Oh, and one with a similar voice to Miku's dark append! (I love the mysterious tone of dark, so if they released an Engloid with that type of voice, I'd buy it in a second!)
Hm, I think Avanna could pull that off. What do you think she's missing? And I hope this doesn't come across as if I were angry, I'm just curious ^^

Sep 21, 2019
Hm, I think Avanna could pull that off. What do you think she's missing? And I hope this doesn't come across as if I were angry, I'm just curious ^^
Hey, no worries! You didn't come off as angry! Admittedly I haven't listened to Avanna that much, so I may have to check out some songs that use her since you say she could pull that off! ^^

Reactions: ___

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
A male vocal who doesn't sound super nasally/Kermit-y, isn't the voice of a child, and actually has power so he could be used for something like rock/metal/rap. By power, I mean in the way the phonemes are recorded, so they would sound aggressive to begin with.

Note: If someone tells me my idea is too niche (happens whenever I post my humble opinion in threads like these), I'm gonna puke. I'm allowed to have my dream even if it is "unrealistic". Rap is popular with young people, who are increasingly using DAWs for home made music, and rap is even crossing over to mix with metal elements. There are so many beatmakers on YouTube, but some don't have the ability to sing, so having a vocal synth who could sing for them would be awesome.

That being said, I guess the idea I have in mind is something rock/metal-y that you'd expect, like the vocalist of Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, HELLYEAH, Motionless in White-- something like that. A voice with texture.

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
I want a heavy metal engloid with multiple VB's recorded very differently. I want an ultra-powerful VB like the traditional 'kire' VB's in UTAU. I also want a dedicated death growl VB recorded with actual growling. Actually, to go all out, I'd like 2 different growl VB's, one recorded with false chord screaming and one recorded with vocal fry screaming. I want it to sound mature and I want the growl VB's to sound monstrous and demonic. As for the character design, I want it to look cool.

While softer tones being available is always good, there are already many engloids capable of doing that. In fact, as far as I know, all current engloids can sing softly. I've found it very easy to get Dex and Dinah to sing softly, so that area is already covered for me.

• Love
Reactions: ___ and uncreepy

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm with y'all: I want a male vocal with power, dammit! I wanna do covers of Iron Maiden and Scar Symmetry and Cattle Decapitation! (Though given CD is mostly harshes, I could probably get away with doing that now... the rest I have a desperate need for.)

___

Oct 8, 2019
If someone tells me my idea is too niche (happens whenever I post my humble opinion in threads like these), I'm gonna puke. I'm allowed to have my dream even if it is "unrealistic".
Good thing your idea seems to be pretty popular then! Everyone here wants at least pretty powerful voicebank, be it masculine or feminine. And I've seen people express inetrest in powerful engloids even outside this forum
I want an ultra-powerful VB like the traditional 'kire' VB's in UTAU.
Now that would be great.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
  • The ability to choose between l0 and l ([l] vs [ɫ] in IPA). This is a no-brainer for Vocaloid, but voicebanks for other programs (hint hint SynthV) don't give you that control.
  • The ability to choose between aspirated and unaspirated consonants. Same note as above.
  • Deterministic vowels.
  • [r] and [x] at the minimum; ideally all of [ɬ ɮ ɣ q χ ħ ʕ ø y] as well. (One can only dream.)
  • Aside from that, I'm not really a stickler for naturalism. I'm more concerned about clarity.

Reactions: ___ and peaches2217

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey, no worries! You didn't come off as angry! Admittedly I haven't listened to Avanna that much, so I may have to check out some songs that use her since you say she could pull that off! ^^
Oh when I think of mysterious usages of Avanna, this more recent song always comes to mind. I think it shows off her capability to sound mysterious pretty well!

as for myself, I think I actually would want some more VBs on the softer/breathy side with contrasting tones toAvanna. It’s not completely “new” but just based off what I think I’d use since all my original music tends to have a softer kind of tone to it, so I enjoy using softer voices. Nothing too soft though, maybe like a Yukari English? Just a calming voice really

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm gonna be the one with the unpopular opinion and say a cutesy English female comparable to a Japanese VB like Miku, Nemu or Hime. It's a really obvious niche that hasn't been filled yet (probably because Westerners don't like "cute" vocals the same way the Japanese do.)

I agree with the truly powerful English VB and different accent VB ideas though.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm gonna be the one with the unpopular opinion and say a cutesy English female comparable to a Japanese VB like Miku, Nemu or Hime. It's a really obvious niche that hasn't been filled yet (probably because Westerners don't like "cute" vocals the same way the Japanese do.)
Macne Nana's english vb fits that voicetype, you should check her out! She's quite nice, I once tried out her trial.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Agreed! She was one of the first Vocaloids I ever used (I got the V4 editor last February but didn't get Oliver until March, so I spent a month just trying trials). She's got a very nice voice and is pretty easy to work with!

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I honestly think most of the people who would be interested in that would be the people who want Miku instead- I don't know if that'd be bad or not but...

My ideal vocaloid would be "Avanna, but soprano"
Not that I don't like altos, I just want a vocaloid with the same tone I can use for high notes

Reactions: kozet and Aia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)