• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

___

Oct 8, 2019
I wish there were more positivity surrounding Fuiro, you don't have to pretend to like something you don't, and I'm not sure what my opinion on her is just yet, but the sheer vitriol this project has received from day one is so uncalled for when it's honestly just such a fun project that was such a nice opportunity for philo and even if she doesn't appeal to you personally, I think it deserves to be celebrated on the basis of that.

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
I wish there were more positivity surrounding Fuiro, you don't have to pretend to like something you don't, and I'm not sure what my opinion on her is just yet, but the sheer vitriol this project has received from day one is so uncalled for when it's honestly just such a fun project that was such a nice opportunity for philo and even if she doesn't appeal to you personally, I think it deserves to be celebrated on the basis of that.
Yeah, she's not my cup of tea but it's always exciting to get a new voicebank. Especially with how deafeningly silent Yamaha was for the longest time.

AddictiveCUL (Add)

CUL addicted!
Jan 6, 2023
youtube.com
What are you guys talking about? Where can I find more info about that Fuiro?

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm shocked Fuiro is getting shit - you'd think after waiting for so long, the fandom would be cheering on new Vocaloids. Her voice is also rather unique by historic Vocaloid standards, and I'm really glad Yamaha took more cues from the fandom regarding her creation (the contest and all that). Makes you wonder what the fandom was expecting with her (Miku V6?).

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
What are people complaining about this time? From that demo I heard she sounds pretty unique and high quality..
The main complaint I'm seeing is that she sounds too flat, but for we know, it could be a case of Yamaha not doing enough tuning. I've noticed Yamaha is similar to Dreamtonics in that they undersell their first party VBs when it comes to demos.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Makes you wonder what the fandom was expecting with her (Miku V6?).
I think the fandom was just preparing to make her their punching bang from day 1, no matter how she turned out.

Like when they couldn't find anything bad about Po-Uta, because he's so unique and refreshing, so they just made things up about his license to spread some kind of negativity.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
i see people complain that "she doesn't sound like her vp" but who said that she should? The point of character vocals is to sound like the character and not the vp most of the times
Nah, I mean... I get this one with the context of the contest in mind. Nothing about it has been marketed as a "Character Vocal", the contest was created under the pretext of being a community member's voice, and so far the demos don't sound like a whole lot of philo's incredible cover work. That doesn't mean it can't sound like philo, though, or that the default tone provided by the demos is bad. It may be unrealistic to expect fully-featured usage from a Yamaha demo in the first place as my impression has been that they are generally intentionally bare-bones. I hope she recieves more positive impressions upon release and that using the voicebank is good.

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
I think the fandom was just preparing to make her their punching bang from day 1, no matter how she turned out.

Like when they couldn't find anything bad about Po-Uta, because he's so unique and refreshing, so they just made things up about his license to spread some kind of negativity.
Okay, I'll be honest, I find the feminine hygiene rule a great inside joke though

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I don't know if it's just me but with the release of ia's intergalactia, that I realize I really enjoy what they are doing with IA English music wise. I just don't care for how IA English's voice sounds. I hope with ace and synth v and neutrino updating their engine to use diffusion that hopefully cevio will update their engine too. I miss how IA sounded on v3.

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
I agree Fuiro gets too much hate. The bank is unfinished/unreleased + there’s no tuning to prevent false advertising (cough SeeU cough, as much as I love her)

I feel like her flatness & sounding generic is honestly just a symptom of the VOCALOID engine in general..what happened to Yamaha saying they’d put more effort into making vocals more unique/bringing out every vocal’s characteristics more? It seems like the quality of voicebanks hasn’t improved since like V3 and it sucks.

Also could someone DM me about Osean World? I don’t want to derail & he’s one of my favorite producers, even my friend well-versed in that Soundcloud scene said they haven’t heard anything bad about him…

Last edited:

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
I agree Fuiro gets too much hate. The bank is unfinished/unreleased + there’s no tuning to prevent false advertising (cough SeeU cough, as much as I love her)

Also could someone DM me about Osean World? He’s one of my favorite producers & even my friend well-versed in that Soundcloud scene said they haven’t heard anything bad about him…
I'm pretty sure that in the demos fuiro was finished, since the demos were released so close to he release date

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
I'm pretty sure that in the demos fuiro was finished, since the demos were released so close to he release date
Ohh I see, I still believe the lack of tuning is solely for promotional reasons.
Once she releases maybe she’ll get proper demos like Po-uta?

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019

I feel like her flatness & sounding generic is honestly just a symptom of the VOCALOID engine in general..what happened to Yamaha saying they’d put more effort into making vocals more unique/bringing out every vocal’s characteristics more? It seems like the quality of voicebanks hasn’t improved since like V3 and it sucks.

Also could someone DM me about Osean World? I don’t want to derail & he’s one of my favorite producers, even my friend well-versed in that Soundcloud scene said they haven’t heard anything bad about him…
i dunno anything about them, their music just isn't my cup of tea. so when talking about what avanna's known for i prefer for people to bring up porter robinson or something

___

Oct 8, 2019
flatness isn't inherent to an engine but to a vocal and the synthesis method ( concatenative synthesis being more stilted by default ), and genericness being usually the result of the choice of a voice provider ( them having common voicetype ) and the way the voicebank is directed.

The way concatenative synthesis has affected the tone of a voice ( be it positively or negatively...or neutrally ) had been extremely case-by-case across all engines as we've observed standard-style voicebanks expand onto AI, which is what V6 uses ( alongside concatenative synthesis ), however, voice provider choice and directing are more controllable ( unlike the end result of concatenative synthesis ) and are the biggest deciding factors in terms of tone for AI voicebanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)