• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
I like to think that Gumi realized she would finally have a totally liked box art and changed the goggles to mess with people >~> she trolling us… Queen
So true!!! In an ideal world:
1700680964393.png

I think it's the blue eyes/belt/jacket pin/metal that *really* work (originals were green and bluish green respectively)!! She had blue accents as a staple in her V4s too, so it's a shame it was left out of v6....

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
This is probably not a wild take but,

I really like the blue in Gumi SV boxart!! Color palette wise it works perfectly with her current design from a character design standpoint. I feel like her Vocaloid 6 artwork is specifically so heavy on the orange, yellow, and green that it really breaks it up!! (Red googles would be amazing still! But! It's an improvement!!!)
View attachment 7823
I love the blue hues too!! They go soo well with Gumi and it gives me a "softer" vibe which actually perfectly represents her voice on synthv ^^

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I’m actually really missing Gumi’s weird fashion sense and the other artist’s style. I like Nou’s art and V6/Synth V Gumi is cute, but she just doesn’t feel like Gumi to me with the new design. It’s like Gumi has been reduced to a generic anime idol character. Also the rounded edges on her V6/Synth V design massively contribute to the loss of her funkiness. (I honestly can’t explain in specifics why I feel this way, it’s just a gut feeling)

utautanightfever

Nekomura ✮ Lover
Aug 23, 2022
I know the subject has already changed but I really wanna get this first part off my chest.

I feel like the fandom puts too much emphasis on realistic tuning to the point that they consider anything that isn't realistic "bad" or "not tuned enough". What they don't realize is that some songs don't need realism to sound good though such as Deep Sea City Underground or Soiyassa. To add on to what I said, since everybody seems to be aiming for realism, a lot of tuning styles start to blend together to the point where nobody really sounds unique anymore. This isn't to say that realistic tuning is bad, I do like it a lot especially with covers made by Kyaami and Adam Edmond (though I feel like it has more to do with how emotional their tuning sounds but that's a whole nother discussion). I just wish it was less oversaturated(? I think that might be the word for it).

As for Gumi, I agree. I really don't like her new design or the art style. To be honest, I haven't been liking a lot of updated design and art for some vocaloids like the V4 Cryptonloids and Ci Flower. Something about them feels so bland in a way that I can't explain. The art style feels too clean and the designs feel too human. Gonna add SynthV Teto but only a little bit. I do love the art style it's just her design that bothers me a bit. It looks good but it doesn't feel like Teto in a way.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Is it just me or has Project Sekai become kind of boring? The music is good and the characters/stories seem interesting, but the gameplay is very repetitive and the gacha is not fun at all. I really want to read the story cause I like the characters, but I can’t stand sitting through hours and hours of visual novels from events or grinding enough of the rhythm game to unlock the story. I guess I kept expecting that they’d turn it into an anime/manga/light novel and that would be a way to experience it without the gameplay, but it hasn’t happened.

Reactions: Mika

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Is it just me or has Project Sekai become kind of boring? The music is good and the characters/stories seem interesting, but the gameplay is very repetitive and the gacha is not fun at all. I really want to read the story cause I like the characters, but I can’t stand sitting through hours and hours of visual novels from events or grinding enough of the rhythm game to unlock the story. I guess I kept expecting that they’d turn it into an anime/manga/light novel and that would be a way to experience it without the gameplay, but it hasn’t happened.
oh, yeah, definitely.

Reactions: WyndReed

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm still waiting for a console port, but that probably won't happen until the story ends, which isn't likely for the foreseeable future.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
It kind of sounds like rhythm games just aren't your thing, which is totally fine. It's also a very good thing you don't find the gacha fun lol.

There are archives of the stories online that you can read through without having to play the game, and it wouldn't really make a difference since the gameplay is a totally separate thing (aside from being what you do to unlock said stories). That being said, it'd be nice if an anime adaptation did come out someday since Bandori has one, but I think a big hurdle in that aspect would be the Cryptons' lines - Sekai already struggles with making them speak all of their lines as it is (ie only fully voicing them in story events and not side stories where all the human characters are still fully voiced otherwise).

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
Project Sekai became it's own fandom ever since the en server opened. I lost interest in the story very soon and only listened to a fairly small amount of covers. However I do actively follow their comm songs. The Nanashi Hachiya one that came out yesterday was really good! Though the most recent ones became a bit hit or miss for me but ig that's really a me thing

On another note: I've seen a lot of Vocaloid fans complain about Project Sekai fans and a lot of the complaints are non-issues imo. Like the prsk fandom is young but that means they eventually grow up like other anime Idol fandoms did. Also who wasn't misinformed on a few vocalsynth-related things after joining the Vocaloid fandom?

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
On another note: I've seen a lot of Vocaloid fans complain about Project Sekai fans and a lot of the complaints are non-issues imo. Like the prsk fandom is young but that means they eventually grow up like other anime Idol fandoms did. Also who wasn't misinformed on a few vocalsynth-related things after joining the Vocaloid fandom?
To this day, there are still newbies trying to look up 'Vocaloid' or 'Hatsune Miku episode 1' on Google and YT! Speaking as an old lady, I can still remember when it was even harder to find proper info on Vocaloid and it felt like every fan was misinformed in some way, including myself lol.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I also stopped playing Project Sekai a long time ago. I started on the JP version fairly soon after it was released. While initially I liked the story and most of the human characters, the game started to feel boring after a while. Personally I appreciated the rhythm game part of it, but the stories somehow got boring and I gradually lost interest altogether. Guess I'm just not a visual novel enjoyer. After about a year or so I stopped playing regularly (at around the same time I started playing Azur Lane, which tends to take most of the time I have in a day to play games, so in the end I just stopped logging in to ProSeka altogether). Of course my experiences are from two years ago, I have little idea what has happened in game in terms of events/stories, so I don't know if I enjoyed it more if I went back to ProSeka now, but at least for now I'm not planning to.

Reactions: WyndReed

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
This is strictly my own pov but, I think if Prosekai was a vocaloid idol game > an idol game (with vocaloids as side characters), that the story might be more enjoyable for me?... even if it was just a little more focus on the vocaloids as performing mentors/or even rivals.

Most of the vocaloids rank in the bottom half of popularity rankings, and its a little crazy that half of the meikos have identitical "motherly/mature" traits.... 😔

with more than one team, there should be room to play with dynamics i'd think??? 🤔

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
To this day, there are still newbies trying to look up 'Vocaloid' or 'Hatsune Miku episode 1' on Google and YT! Speaking as an old lady, I can still remember when it was even harder to find proper info on Vocaloid and it felt like every fan was misinformed in some way, including myself lol.
i definitely thought miku was an anime character as well

icingonthecake

teto number one fan
Feb 1, 2024
burger king
I def agree with you on en!
V6 is fun.
I love fuiro
teto is the best vocal synth
Not sure if this is a hot take but for me Kaito is a ehhh voicebank, not bad nor good.

-I heavily dislike Creep-P's and Ghost's music
-"Echo" by Crusher-P is overrated and not even good
-Tone Rion ain't that bad
-Gumi ain't that good

If I think of more I'll add them!
I honestly don't agree with the ghost part. I enjoy a bit of ghosts songs but I sometimes get tired of listening to them due to being just really edgy?? I really like some of ghosts older works though. For creep-p, I haven't really heard a lot of there songs. Personally I'm not a fan of the vocals.
Echo is an actual classic, though its not my favorite its definitely not bad. I also really love Tone Rion! For the gumi part I actually really like gumi V4 sweet and v3 en, but that's about it.

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
A mutual of mine said this lately and since then I can't stop thinking about it. There barely are any notable voca songs with a sassy / bratty type of energy. Ik it's less present in j-pop but it's so common in any sort of Western music (Ariana Grande, Ashnikko etc. could name a few more European artists). Yes, there is Giga, Hachioji-P, Umetora and Kira but that's... kinda it for bigger producers at least

And I feel like especially because of that many newer fans label English Vocalsynth music as "just edgy"

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
Is anyone else bothered by Crypton's current trajectory of just hawking Miku out as a mascot character, rather than actively trying to upgrade her VB to modern vocal synth standards? I know she's always been a mascot character available to throw on tons of merch, but NT seems to be dead as a program in truly active development, and we've had no rumours or whispers about other improvements such as an AI bank.

In all fairness, Covid could have heavily disrupted internal VB development at Crypton, but considering how historically slow they are at releasing anything (if at all)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)