• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i personally don't usually find understandability a major factor in how much i enjoy listening to a vocal but,,
hoo boy she sometimes has sonika-tier lack of enunciation and she's like really muffled
that and the engine noise just kills her for me
I don't generally factor understandablity in either, it's usually more of a bonus, but I see a lot of people praising how understandable she is and I just don't hear it. She sounds very muffled to me

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
It feels like I’m one of the few people who doesn’t like SynthV and Eleanor. The interface feels like it was designed for a mobile devices, I find the editing/tuning tools to be lackluster, Eleanor sounds like she’s speaking and there are end breaths built into her vb(which is highly annoying), and I think there’s more but I can’t remember. The only thing I like is the “voicing” parameter.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
Big Al is one of the best Engloids to date. I'd go as far to say he's even better than most modern Engloids and is a great example to show to normies when talking about English Vocaloids (Avanna, Amy, and Songman are also great examples of good Engloids)

Hio's JP bank was under appreciated but also unnecessary and while I'm glad the tone matches perfectly with his Eng bank I still don't really like his accent on JP. And while we're at it Hio is also a great Engloid and doesn't deserve all the crap he gets

I unironically love Nemu and think she is a pretty solid bank, people just don't know how to use her. I wish she got more love

Japanese banks should come with extra phonemes for other languages a la SeeU/Maika. While extra phonemes would never replace an actual English bank I think it would be really neat and make Japanese loids much more versatile. It would also work well bc the Japanese Love throwing in random languages into their lyrics

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Since we all talking about engloids I think Sweet Ann is the peak of engloids in terms of voice type and tone tho most def not quality

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hio's JP bank was under appreciated but also unnecessary and while I'm glad the tone matches perfectly with his Eng bank I still don't really like his accent on JP. And while we're at it Hio is also a great Engloid and doesn't deserve all the crap he gets
I always hear people say theres a lot of hate for Hio but never what the hate is about. Why don't people like him? I remember reading somewhere when his design was revealed everyone hated it or something but idk why

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Since we all talking about engloids I think Sweet Ann is the peak of engloids in terms of voice type and tone tho most def not quality
2016 me: Sweet Ann is so bad and so are Prima And Lola old engloids that aren't Miriam or AL suck
2018 me: (slaps repeatedly)

Big AL has too many weird issues for me to call him best (odd way of speaking, useless breath samples, etc.)

We really need more deep male vocals.

shu-t should use Lola again

Hio needed a recommendation on range, everyone saw him and apparently went "Len"

We have a Miriam update it's called Avanna (Seriously listen to them duet)

Aug 13, 2018
After reading through the whole thread, I'm starting to doubt if some of these are unpopular. But I hear so many people say the opposite that I think they are.

-I actually really like Gachapoid. So much that I jokingly will call him "my son". I think at first I didn't like his voice (and sometimes prefer other vocals before considering using him), but it just sort of grew on me. It's quirky and different, but honestly a little cute when done well. Actually I think that's something with vocals, it depends on who uses them. Some producers can make "bad" vocals sound "good" and vice versa. Some producers can make realism or good pronunciation out of vocals. I feel like kyaami made Miku V3 sound amazing in their V3 vs V4 covers.
-Please. Please use lower ranges more often. There's nothing wrong with higher range, but some of the voicebanks have much more potential when you go lower. I just don't like seeing Cyman be tortured when his demos show he sounds better when you go lower. I say lower, but thinking more carefully, maybe mid-range? I guess I hear so many higher range that mid-range sounds lower. Actually a lot of male Vocaloid songs abuse the high range. Amy is another vocal I hope to see used like this. When I first heard her, I just could see her as Delores from Sister Act (probably because I saw it not long before V5 released). I feel like this is more of an unpopular producer opinion rather than fan opinion.

I had some opinions, but reading through the thread kinda shocked me. Do people really like GHOST and anime/moe style more often? I always thought that more Vocaloid fans hated GHOST and were sick of moe appeal characters.

Edit because I forgot one and don't wanna double post: I don't actually mind tuning a Vocaloid to the point where their voice sounds different. I think with the right creativity, it could be done well. Kikuo and mafumafu come to mind when listing examples. But I also don't mind the fanmade genderbents. Maybe that's because I more of see story potential in using it. Tuning a vocal to sound like a different age in different parts of a song/series is something I've only seen done in 1 song.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyndReed

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I always hear people say theres a lot of hate for Hio but never what the hate is about. Why don't people like him? I remember reading somewhere when his design was revealed everyone hated it or something but idk why
A lot of it comes from his early days, from people wanting a more powerful bank instead of yet another soft one, to a bunch of drama surrounding him between demo leaks and contest discourse. I think it just left a bad taste in ppl's mouths about Hio so he kinda got pushed to the side and flopped. Nowadays I think Hio gets the shaft because there's a lot more Engloids and Japangloids around who do what he does even better. It's a shame bc Hio was one of the best Engloids esp during the V3 era but he just got left behind imo

It feels like I’m one of the few people who doesn’t like SynthV and Eleanor. The interface feels like it was designed for a mobile devices, I find the editing/tuning tools to be lackluster, Eleanor sounds like she’s speaking and there are end breaths built into her vb(which is highly annoying), and I think there’s more but I can’t remember. The only thing I like is the “voicing” parameter.
You're not the only one, mate. I listened to her, and it just felt... I don't know... off. I didn't like it, to say the least.

Reactions: WyndReed

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Big Al is one of the best Engloids to date. I'd go as far to say he's even better than most modern Engloids and is a great example to show to normies when talking about English Vocaloids (Avanna, Amy, and Songman are also great examples of good Engloids)
I've found people tend to get turned off by his accent most of the time- the best responses I've got were with Miriam, Sweet Ann, Avanna, Hio, Dex, Ruby, Cyman.... and maybe Daina and Amy.

I don't like Mitchie M or OSTER Project's music at all. Waaaaay too cutesy. The only song I like between the tow of them is A Fox Wedding, which is very unusual for OSTER.

I love HItoshizuku-P's music but her videos has some of the worst Youtube comments sections I've ever seen, which is a shame

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
-I actually really like Gachapoid. So much that I jokingly will call him "my son". I think at first I didn't like his voice (and sometimes prefer other vocals before considering using him), but it just sort of grew on me. It's quirky and different, but honestly a little cute when done well. Actually I think that's something with vocals, it depends on who uses them. Some producers can make "bad" vocals sound "good" and vice versa. Some producers can make realism or good pronunciation out of vocals. I feel like kyaami made Miku V3 sound amazing in their V3 vs V4 covers.
I like Ryuto too! I always wondered why people were so full of hate for him. Like i get why people wouldnt like him, but so many people vehemently despise him. Like obviously he wasn't made to be a serious vocal, he's just a fun lil guy.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I don't like Mitchie M or OSTER Project's music at all. Waaaaay too cutesy.
Mitchie M's older songs like 'Freely Tomorrow' were not as cutesy compared to the songs he does now. I mean, they were clearly J-pop, but not the "kawaii" kind of J-pop that the genre as a whole is stereotyped as sounding like, which Mitchie M leans towards more now. I still like his songs, but I did find the shift somewhat disappointing cosidering Vocaloid music still has the outside stigma of being tied to the kawaii part of anime and Japanese music culture.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Mitchie M's older songs like 'Freely Tomorrow' were not as cutesy compared to the songs he does now. I mean, they were clearly J-pop, but not the "kawaii" kind of J-pop that the genre as a whole is stereotyped as sounding like, which Mitchie M leans towards more now. I still like his songs, but I did find the shift somewhat disappointing cosidering Vocaloid music still has the outside stigma of being tied to the kawaii part of anime and Japanese music culture.
Freely Tomorrow is also too cutesy tbh

Jun 3, 2018
I don't exactly know if this is a popular one but it's leaning to it, so I'll say the renders of Ken, Kaori, Chris and Amy aren't bad at all. It gives me Killer7 vibes, which might have a part in my opinion because I love Killer7. Designs? Well, I have this optimistic thought: They look realistically normal in clothing, like one of us, so depending on a song, They might be a lot more relatable than most of the Vocaloids to some people.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
^personally I like the designs and I like the IDEA behind the renders, but I still feel like they could look better. But I don't think they're nearly as bad as people have made them out to be.

As for MY opinion: Galaco's original design is better FIGHT ME

Anavojj

GigaP enthusiast
Aug 30, 2018
field of leeks probably
Oof here we go...

-Negitoro is overrated
-Meiko and Kaito arent that underrated (they get merch and appear at concerts,some vocaloids like Meril dont even get that)
-I like Unas design lol dont know if this is unpopular or not?
-Iroha doesnt sound that good to me
-I hate the Dreamy theater models,they look so emotionless and Im glad they dont use them live anymore
-I love Tonio and whERE IS HIS UPDATE-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)