• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid ß-Studio

TEN0R_CL3F

New Fan
Jun 24, 2021
I... don't think a subscription would suck TOO bad if it's well priced (though, even still, there would be so much misinfo like it seems there was w/ the voisona pricing), but at the quality we know V6 has... would it be so worth? Some kinda beta program would be cool, but it feels weird for them to hype it up like this, with a whole announcement of an announcement and everything!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
2 more things: maybe not only a beta program, but also an optional subscription plan, similar to Clip Studio Paint. there might be normal software purchase and subscription plan, where you can get beta features in advance and different voice banks (for example, choose 3-5 voices) in the same subscription plan.
and the date is August 8.. mm.. it's 8-8, so it reminds of 888888 (clapping in niconico videos), but it's also a few days before Magical Mirai in Osaka, when there will be new announcements about Miku NT and Piapro characters (maybe some Yamaha Vocaloid features implemented in Piapro Studio NT?) :ryuuto_ani_lili:

bibbs

large and in charge
May 12, 2022
boston
kinda a long shot..but maybe it could be a stripped down free version like synth v basic? that could also go hand in hand with some kind of subscription model.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
This is exciting, I'm so curious to see what it is now!
The subscription plan seems very plausible to me, the fact that it has the name "studio" in it makes me think about a totally new environment (à la Voisona). A part of me also wants them to unveil the multiple voicebanks they had announced, maybe they could be compatible with it (?) idk, we'll see

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
and the date is August 8.. mm.. it's 8-8, so it reminds of 888888 (clapping in niconico videos), but it's also a few days before Magical Mirai in Osaka, when there will be new announcements about Miku NT and Piapro characters (maybe some Yamaha Vocaloid features implemented in Piapro Studio NT?) :ryuuto_ani_lili:
It would be very interesting if this project brought Miku back to Vocaloid! It's getting really awkward that Miku is now technologically behind Gumi and Teto. (Nothing wrong with her V4 and NT banks of course, but a Miku AI and crosslang annoucement would cause a predictable firestorm in the fandom).

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
While beta software makes the most sense to me, I could also see them bringing back a stripped down version for bundling with voice banks. I think V4 had a "light" version that would ship with some voice banks?
V4 did not have a lite version, but v3 had a “v3 tiny editor” which was a very limited version of the editor (much more limited than sv basic). And v2 and v1 full editors come with the banks

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
I hope that it’s a MAJOR update to the engine. Maybe even a new vocoder? But it’s a beta update, so that’s why the beta symbol is there
"A new vocoder" PLEASE. :')
I hate the SynthV stans but they're kind of right abt Vocaloid6's quality being wayyy behind other synths. I typically don't care about realism at all like them & other western vsynth fans, Miku didn't catch on because of realism, but the engine noise is insane, you basically need studio quality acapellas which is kind of hard for amateurs to achieve. However SynthV can't do infinite languages like V6 can, V6 is the only synth that can actually, so I hate people acting like V6 is just "V5 2" with 0 benefits lmao. (We got English-capable ZOLA what else do you need😩)

It's 2023 and Vocaloid seems like it has barely risen in quality since Vocaloid3 imo.. (and the improved engloid script in V4, I guess), why does V6 sound like that when SVCs and RVC exist? I know others in the fandom dislike SVCs aside from NNSVS/ENUNU because the content is typically made without the musician or voice actor's consent (which is a valid concern, I fear the day people try to make NSFW deepfakes with them, they did it to Mori Calliope already) but they also make me optimistic about removing the stigma from ALL synthesized vocals (along with Yameii, who is actually voiced by a Vocaloid (Avanna)

Now I realized Voidol is so LQ compared to every other voice converter too..even KoeFever which isn't even out yet blows it out of the water, what's going on here??

Last edited:

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
"A new vocoder" PLEASE. :')
I hate the SynthV stans but they're kind of right abt Vocaloid6's quality being wayyy behind other synths. I typically don't care about realism at all like them & other western vsynth fans, Miku didn't catch on because of realism, but the engine noise is insane, you basically need studio quality acapellas which is kind of hard for amateurs to achieve. However SynthV can't do infinite languages like V6 can, V6 is the only synth that can actually, so I hate people acting like V6 is just "V5 2" with 0 benefits lmao. We got English-capable ZOLA what else do you need😩

It's 2023 and Vocaloid seems like it has barely risen in quality since Vocaloid3 imo.. (and the improved engloid script in V4, I guess), why does V6 sound like that when SVCs and RVC exist? I know others in the fandom dislike SVCs aside from NNSVS/ENUNU because the content is typically made without the musician or voice actor's consent (which is a valid concern, I fear the day people try to make NSFW deepfakes with them, they did it to Mori Calliope already) but they also make me optimistic about removing the stigma from ALL synthesized vocals (along with Yameii, who is actually voiced by a Vocaloid (Avanna)

Now I realized Voidol is so LQ compared to every other voice converter too..even KoeFever which isn't even out yet blows it out of the water, what's going on here??
Tbh it would have been nice if Yamaha just continued with v5. Also I think Koefiver is out. And voidol vbs really greatly vary in quality. Some of the newer ones sound not that bad

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
If there was a Vocaloid Lite I would be pretty excited to do more Vocaloid-related stuff for free! Considering I only have Miku and Avanna Vocaloid-wise and have always wanted some sort of free version of Vocaloid since that's the synth I'm most attached to.

I don't really expect that to be it but bringing up the possibility does make me a little excited.

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
Tbh it would have been nice if Yamaha just continued with v5. Also I think Koefiver is out. And voidol vbs really greatly vary in quality. Some of the newer ones sound not that bad
Yeah I wish attack/release worked on V6..Hate how they're unable to use any params outside of pitch & dynamics, wasn't Cevio adding/is planning to add emotions to singing banks (I saw smth abt Kamitsubaki banks getting emotions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)