• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid characters' personalities? + Headcanon

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Miku is a vegetarian. Remember those bacon-wrapped hotdog commercials? Notice how she talks about how much she loves them, but never touches one? She got paid a lot of money for that gag. They tried getting her to eat one and she cried for an hour.

Gakupo is extremely calm and collected, but when he’s caught off-guard, or when he’s in a situation where his emotions are more intense, he’s a gigantic, flustered dork.

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
Chika is a fashion student nearing graduation! Is a massive Audrey Hepburn fan, and will often hum Moon River while brainstorming/sketching outfit ideas. She's peaceful, gentle, and idealistic in nature (but throws vicious shade when needed), and a francophile that can't speak a word of French. Chika looks up to Mew but is also slightly intimidated by her dominating presence, considering her a very bold style icon. Always at her best and would never let herself be seen messing up.

:chika_ani_lili:

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
if I may be allowed to dump a personality headcanon about Macne Petit- (This mentions one of the other Macnes though ahfahikl)

-Petit may seem cold on the outside, but is actually nice and friendly when you get to know her. She complains about Nana a lot, but doesn't hate her. She likes to spend time with Coco Shiro, and shows her real side when hanging out with her

vampy wolf

New Fan
Dec 4, 2020
Rin: "Where's Flower?"
Len: "Ugh, she's late again."
Flower: *walks in the door 7 minutes later* "What's up dorks."
Gumi: "You're two hours late for concert rehearsals again."
Flower: *sips her drink* "Oh, I don't need to go to dance practice. I'll just wing it like I wanted to."
Gumi: "It doesn't work that wa..."
Flower "...actually it does. I'm a rock star. I don't need to prance around like a fairy."
*Avanna yells out from the distance "Hey that's not nice"*
Flower: *sips her drink again looking perturbed* "Just because my name is Flower doesn't mean i'm going to dance around in a field of flowers. I mean when Meatloaf was vegetarian did he change his name to Tofuloaf? That also means i'm not going to change my name to Skull or Pestilence because you guys think I look emo."
Miku: "You're just making excuses because you've been showing up to rehearsals drunk the past two weeks, wearing sunglasses this early in the day and drinking the same thing."
Flower: *sips that same drink again* "First off, I don't drink and you know it. Like 80% of the time you come back from going out and getting drunk, i'm the one who holds your mile of hair back so it doesn't end up getting in the toilet when you throw up. Most of the time i'm the only sober one around to drive you guys home and making sure you have a bottle of water and a wastebasket nearby when you wake up. Second, i've been drinking almond milk egg nog... with no hooch in it mind you... the past few weeks."
Miku: "WHO ON EARTH DRINKS EGG NOG IN SEPTEMBER???"
Flower: "I dunno." *takes another sip of her drink*
omg i love this this is an exact representation as to how i think of the vocaloids XD

omg i love this this is an exact representation as to how i think of the vocaloids XD
and i looked up flower omg he looks like a boy version of melanie martinez

Sep 21, 2019
I've never posted here??? Could've sworn I had, so... time for the headcanon dump no one asked for! XD

Miku: sweet, kind, and outgoing!! Loves making new friends and also knows a lot about business and management. If you need someone to lean on, Miku's got your back.

Rin: Absolute hellraiser who enjoys teasing her twin brother, Len. They frequently get in small spats with each other but then go back to being besties no more than two hours later. A great friend who will always have your back. She's always ambitious and full of vigor--she also likes roughousing with Len, much to his chagrin. She also picks on him and teases him, but there's no ill-will.

Len: he seems like a moron sometimes, but despite his air-headedness, he's actually quite smart! He's also a sharp dresser who likes trying new things, yet rarely changes his hairstyle. 9/10 times, he ends up being Rin's enabler--whether or not he actually wanted to be involved in her shenanigans depends on the day. He's a very kind and gentle dork--in other words, he's babi.

Luka: quiet and reserved, but very sharp and smart. Likes taking the other Cryptons to go shopping. She's young, but wise beyond her years and is generally to go-to when someone needs a level-headed person to talk to!

Meiko: While all the aforementioned have their own parents, Meiko is like a mother figure to her fellow Cryptons! She can come across as the fiery sort, but make no mistake--she genuinely means well and is a very nice person.

Kaito: Looked up to as the responsible father figure, even though he's a little goofy and silly (but ain't that dads in general?). He loves ice cream and owns his own ice cream shop; sometimes he'll even bring the other Cryptons new ice cream flavors before he adds them in store! Overall a very good, wholesome dude. (Also, he's totally crushing on Meiko, but doesn't know if she feels the same and doesn't know how to make the first move.)

Mayu: her style is ALWAYS on point--wants to be a fashion designer in addition to being a singer. Has feelings for Piko but doesn't know how to tell him. She's nice most of the time but can be a wee catty and standoffish at times--she's undoubtedly a yandere type personality, but she's not going to stab or otherwise harm you... physically, that is. Catch her on a bad day and she'll verbally rip you to shreds in the most eloquent way possible. As for whether or not she gets along with her fellow yandere girl... well, no one has any

Tei: generally an odd sort and can be very hard to get along with at times. She's very stubborn and hard-headed, and will probably never admit to being wrong about something. If she doesn't like you, it'll be no mystery at all--she'll be very blunt and clear about that. She's also short-fused and angered very easily (which is the one flaw she acknowledges after she got into a particularly bad squabble with Teto and felt HORRIBLE about it). Also, the knife is exclusively for self-defense--she won't stab or kill you. However, she will punch, kick, or otherwise hurt someone if provoked. Underneath all that, though, is a person who does want to improve herself and if you can get past her initial snarky attitude, you've got a friend for life.
She gets along very well with Teto, Rin, and Len, who more or less make up her friend group and, keeping within her initial purpose of being a troll, she's a little sh*t who likes to troll people on the Internet.
(This is what happens when you write a whole ~20 chapter shipfic revolving around your fave--you get a long, elaborate headcanon.)(I'm not gonna talk ships because honestly, we'd be here all day and I have like, two different Tei ships I ship, lol.)
Teto: Miku showed her all the ropes and helped her get where she is today, and now Teto likes to pay it forward by helping out other UTAU newcomers learn the ropes of this whole 'biz. She's a lovable little scamp who enjoys teasing her friends a lot, especially Tei, much to Tei's chagrin. Also, since she's a chimera, she can manifest parts/abilities of different animals and creatures (i.e. a cow hoof); however, she generally prefers not to use them because she just wants to be a normal girl (and also she nearly burned down the house once because she didn't realize she could breathe fire, lol). Her friend group consists of all the vipps, plus Momo and Defoko!
I honestly have more I could share, but I'll save those for another time!!

Reactions: TheStarPalace

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Hey, I forgot about this thread!
  • Luka likes to garden. Her entire room is overflowing with plants she's rescued from careless keepers and is nursing into bloom. It's wise to avoid going near her room if you have any kind of plant or pollen allergy.
  • Rin's girliness is on par with Miku's, and she's the only Cryptonloid to use atashi as her personal pronoun. Her love of all things cute makes her brash, foul-mouthed, rough-and-tumble nature that much more of a shock.
  • Fittingly for our jellyfish queen, Haiyi has the intelligence of a jellyfish as well. She is the definition of No Thoughts, Head Empty.

Sep 21, 2019
Hey, I forgot about this thread!
  • Luka likes to garden. Her entire room is overflowing with plants she's rescued from careless keepers and is nursing into bloom. It's wise to avoid going near her room if you have any kind of plant or pollen allergy.
  • Rin's girliness is on par with Miku's, and she's the only Cryptonloid to use atashi as her personal pronoun. Her love of all things cute makes her brash, foul-mouthed, rough-and-tumble nature that much more of a shock.
  • Fittingly for our jellyfish queen, Haiyi has the intelligence of a jellyfish as well. She is the definition of No Thoughts, Head Empty.
I love them so much--thank you. <3
I am totally going to borrow some of these headcanons, hehe!!

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
even tho i dont do much in the way of fan art/headcanons/fanfic etc i get some random ideas from time to time so ill share some!

some random loid headcanons:
i used to like the Zolas a lot.... i see Wil as selectively mute.
gachapoid literally makes the worst jokes ever and hes know it. and he finds it hilarious when no ones laughs.
sweet ann throws gatsby-esque parties all the time, shes a huge diva, and incredibly pretentious. that OR shes a sweet southern mom type. one or the other.
dex has himbo energy while not fitting the body type. just a dumbass.
bruno IS a himbo.
(bruno and dex are dating, theyre a perfect disaster couple)

i dont ever tend to read actual canon personalities for characters so heres my flower personality/headcanons based from my own thoughts
  • v3 flower is a more typical goth. shes quiet and monotone, but she can be a bit funny with her dark humor. she is like that middle schooler whos weird and thinks it hilarious when people are creeped out by her.
  • v4 flower, obviously trans. she grows an attitude. she hates authority and is a bit of a brat about things. not super immature but shes much more extroverted than v3.
  • in terms of ships- v3 likes being the least obvious she has a crush. she won't admit it and is often oblivious to other people's feelings.
  • in terms of ships for v4- is hyper sensitive to people's feelings in the way of almost being a hopeless romantic. she over judges people's actions and hypes up her own feelings a lot.
  • v3 flower's room is again, just as goth as she is. more into the victorian goth vibes.
  • v4 is more of an anarchist punk type imo and her room is a disaster mess of things shes likes.
could definitely keep going but yeah.

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
Miku is really into modern fashion, and well known for it. Anything street style, high fashion, designer, futuristic, costume, casual, or avant garde. All of it. She does fashion pop up shops and collaborations all the time these days.

miku-modern-fashion.jpg

But at home she also has a huge wardrobe of traditional outfits. She spends a ton of money on it and even makes her own. One time she even sneaked away with an outfit from a photo shoot by just wearing it home and no one questioned it.

miku-traditional-fashion.jpg

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I have at least one headcanon I want to share today:

Miku seems calm and composed, and sweet and kind, but when you get to know her, she’s a feral creachur who likes to scream and be edgy. (Self projection???? Maybe/j)

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
1629831693934.png
My favorite vocal synths character-wise have always been the synths that have some kind of robot, machine or software inspiration for the character or visual design. I love the idea that a character like KAFU, a musical isotope, might be devoid of the biases people have and be excited about all different kinds of people, places, and animals, and have a unique ability to bring people together through music that way. This is something I project onto a lot of characters, though, probably because it sort of is part of the nature of vocal synths.

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
I feel like Miku is the type of person that'll become interested in something and NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.
I also headcanon Miku and Kaito are siblings that live together, so she probably walks up to him like "hey, did you know that-" and kaito just nods his head but his eyes are kinda glazed over the whole time :kaito_lili:

he loves his sister though, sibling goals!

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Let's throw in some headcanons about Best Girl Meiko! :meiko_ani_lili:
  • She doesn't care about singing or performing. She had her time in the spotlight in the early 2000s and now she's got different goals. That's why she averages two songs per two-hour event: she'll fulfill contractual obligations and fan desires, and the rest of the show she's doing what she really enjoys, which is coordinating things backstage.

• While they're not really permitted to advertise their "official" relationships with each other, being androids who exist to stroke human creativity and all, but she and Kaito are married and have unofficially adopted Miku, Rin, and Len. She's a nurturing mother that always makes sure they have adequate water and snacks and clothes whenever they go anywhere. Len is her favorite, but don't tell anyone.

• She's got a good head for finances. She manages most of the household's money, because when you're in charge of three teenagers, a woman who won't stop hoarding house plants, and a grown man with an affinity for ice cream, money tends to get spent recklessly otherwise.

• Meiko is 5'5 and 130lbs. Gakupo, 6'4 and 220lbs of pure muscle, is the only Vocaloid who can out-drink her. He rarely does so purely out of respect. And fear. Mostly fear.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Is it okay to double-post if it's been two weeks between posts? Well, in keeping with my recent Matcha and Azuki stanning: their V4s are them at the age of 18 or 19, having succeeded in their goal to become internet celebrities. With high school out of the way, they're able to devote their all to their calling, acting as idol girls without actually being part of the notoriously sketchy and abusive idol system. They're probably big names on TikTok and Nico.

They're also 100% in love, something they didn't quite realize until early in their senior year. They were the last ones to figure it out. :azuki_lili::matcha_smile_lili:

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
All V1 headcanons I have so far (based on their voice providers):

:miriam_lili: - A professional singer. She has worked as a backup singer for many famous acts. The reason why she joined the Vocaloid project is because "you cannot fight progress".
:meiko_lili: - Also a professional singer, she's the lead singer of a band. Since then, she has been in a solo career after her contract expired.
:kaito_lili: - The stage name of a professional singer who has been in the industry for quite some time. Little has been known about him including his real name and has started his career after graduating from college. Also, he has done an interview for a Vocaloid fan blog in Spanish.
By the way, do not bring up initial sales numbers to him. He doesn't like that.

MsMillenia2339

Fanfic Maker
Sep 20, 2021
I got some head-cannons (my first ones actually).

Protectors of The World
:meiko_lili:Meiko is a alcoholic who is trying to become sober for good after medical and health reasons reveals that she may not live long enough. (St. Justice, Patron of Legal System)
:yohioloid_lili: Yohioloid is the psychiatrist who helps Meiko move on with her drinking problems and learns a thing or two about her, dating and loving her the same way as she does. (St. Starfront, Patron of Time/Space)
:gumi_lili: Gumi is the eventual child that has a deep connection with her family, loves to be healthy with carrots and other foods (chef), yet helps her other family members in need if there ever feeling down. (St. Georgia, Patron of Life and leader of Protectors of The World)
:luka_lili: Being old and mature mother figure, Luka is smart at math, science, English, and even history, makes outfits that stand out with her husband, and singing during Christmas time around the piano with her family. (St. Solaria, Patron of the Sun)
:gackpo_smile_lili: Also like Luka, Gakupo is the father figure that is joyful, funny, and sometimes the kindhearted yet shy one. He sings for the fun or has the spirit and soul for it, very creative and sings little Gumi to sleep with a lullaby.(St. Monora, Patron of the Moon)
:kaito_smile_lili: Kaito, the love of Miku’s life, may had has some setbacks but always ready for a comeback. Making snowman and hide and go seek in the snow, skating around when winter comes, and gives everyone a singalong when candles are lit and the Christmas trees are glowing. (St. Icar, Patron of Ice/Snow)
:miku_lili: (Now who we can’t forget about!) Miku is, of course, the diva by day, but some don’t know that she gives dreams and futures to people in need. Traveling as a priestess, she sends messages to others across other lands, good and bad alike. (St.Mirai, Patron of the Future/Dreams)
:rin_smile_lIlI: Rin, and her brother Len, may have come from different sides of beliefs, but has a big heart in each other. Whenever someone needs a little help on their journey, she guides the dreamers on their way with the shining North Star. (St. Forthright, Patron of Stars)
:len_smile_lili: Len, sometimes immature and weird, always lend a hand to those who are struggling or hurting in pain. Leading revolutions against injustice and hate, he and Rin wants to make the world a better place for all. (St. Escalor, Patron of Revolutionary Change)
(Utau) Mawarine Shuu- Singing in church since he was young, Shuu gives to others first before anything else, especially when it comes to fashion taste and flare. Looks up to his dad for support :matsudappoiyo_lili:, he gives some of the most powerful speeches and monologues ever created, and sometimes jokes around with his sister,:sukonetei_smile_lili:.(St. Heroan, Patron of the Heart)

AND FINALLY
:sachiko_lili: Sackico, the smartest, humble and sweetest person in the group. Although she stops any attempts of the bad, she mature and helps makes decisions about what they should do in emergencies. Also, she sees souls of others and gives those blessings to the good and changed. (St. Mysteria, Patron of the Souls)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)