• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV CeVIO AI / Synthesizer V Tsurumaki Maki

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I can't blame them for not reaching out more to the Western fandom, honestly; AHS hasn't really had a product marketed towards us specifically before, after all, unless you count Nana English, but I wasn't around to see how the marketing for that one went. They're highly specialized towards the Japanese market, and have been since lonnnnnng before Vocaloid or popular commercial vocalsynths in general. Give them time, and they'll figure it out! I have faith in that.

And honestly, one minute's pretty good for a demo; at least we got to hear all the various voice colors! I love and support Miku NT but we didn't even get that from her demo. Even if the product's not completely finished, they're giving us an honest display of where it's currently at, and for an unfinished bank, it sounds amazing.

If she released today in her current state, finished or no, I'd buy her in a heartbeat. There's improvements to be made, but I think they're handling her development flawlessly.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I'm pretty sure that while their marketing doesn't look all to promising right now, that can very likely change until her sale period.
I mean, let's not forget that AHS did market very heavily towards the german market which is waay more niche than the english one. They toned it down but it was a thing, so with them adding more english vocals I'm sure that they will change their marketing a lot, especially if Maki will get lots of positive attention from us now. They showed that they can do it, not doing it for her would be.. really stupid. And AHS doesn't seem stupid to me. I'm hopeful!

And I will definitely get Maki when I have the money.. whenever that will be. But I want her, for sure!

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Regarding marketing, AHS has tweeted about Maki in both Japanese and English (more aside from just these two such as when she was originally announced, but you get the point).

Granted the demos and extra merch stuff were only in Japanese, but that just... makes sense, considering their store isn't very international friendly right now due to the pandemic (international shipping is $100 flat). They're definitely making an attempt to market to English speakers at the very least, and I'm sure it'll ramp up once she's actually available elsewhere like the tweet says (afaik she's not even on Amazon JP rn? I keep checking and I don't see her at all orz).

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Does anyone know where is the best place to buy her English physical version
Amazon JP, probably? International shipping is available without the need of a forwarding service or proxy. Shipping is about 2296 yen for me, but it's still cheaper than shipping from... probably anywhere else.

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
I'm a bit confused by the fact that they aren't selling packs that have both her singing banks AND talk banks based on language, like a Japanese-Standard/AI/Talk-pack and an English-Standard/AI/Talk-pack. I feel like bundles of that type would sell pretty well.

Reactions: Jikyusan and ---

nachodorito

Aspiring Fan
Apr 21, 2021
I'm a bit confused by the fact that they aren't selling packs that have both her singing banks AND talk banks based on language, like a Japanese-Standard/AI/Talk-pack and an English-Standard/AI/Talk-pack. I feel like bundles of that type would sell pretty well.
I'm pretty sure those will come in a more unofficial way, since CeVIO and Synthesizer V AI are different engines from different companies.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm pretty sure those will come in a more unofficial way, since CeVIO and Synthesizer V AI are different engines from different companies.
My thoughts exactly. Fantastic in theory! In practice? Eh, I can see a lot of people getting such a package deal without realizing they'll need BOTH editors for all VBs to work. SynthV VBs at least come with a Lite version of the software. CeVIO? Not so much. And I don't think you can buy CeVIO AI standalone yet, meaning you'd have to get another bundle just to get that editor... I could see it becoming a mess very, very quickly.

I do wish there was a Standard English and Japanese and an AI English and Japanese bundle, but given the sheer amount of products we already have from her... yeah, I'm pretty happy with what we've got. :clara_ani_lili:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
My only gripe is that there's no CeVIO starter pack with just English or Japanese... if you want the talk banks at all and don't have the editor, your only choice regarding a starter pack is to get both languages.

Still, it's a very minor complaint and all it means is I'll wait a bit longer to get what I want, haha. Synth V is looking up in terms of English vocals, but I hope CeVIO gets more options too now that the path is open.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
This is from Maki's product page (linked at the bottom).
English list of exVOICE (2 pages, 69 audio clips): https://www.ah-soft.com/cevio/maki/maki_talk_voice_materials_english.pdf
Japanese list of exVOICE (15 pages, 721 audio clips): https://www.ah-soft.com/cevio/maki/maki_talk_voice_materials.pdf
This 3rd one is supposed to be "for songs" and has some English clips: https://www.ah-soft.com/cevio/maki/maki_musical_voice_materials.pdf

Some of the files on her English exVOICE list seem REALLY weird and oddly specific. Like "I just saw a kitten crying" and "Pray to mother". In both Japanese and English, some of the lines of dialogue are so long that they don't seem that useful for songs or to be used in skits. S:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)