• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV CeVIO AI / Synthesizer V Tsurumaki Maki

Sep 21, 2019
Hooray for synths with weirdly specific phrases! fdjkfjkf
Maybe someone should try to write an entire skit based on trying to include the very specific phrases, LOL. I think it'd be fun!
Also, I LOVE her in both languages! She's adorable and my wallet is not happy about this. :clara_ani_lili:

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
I can't remember if I've heard this VAs English before, but these samples are really cute when they're not being weirdly specific and random, which is when they're hilarious. The're also pretty easy to understand and she seems to pronounce her phonemes correctly 99.999% of the time, which kind of confirms my theory about her talk VB being capable of more natural sounding enunciation in the hands of someone who knows how to tune her to the correct pitch and timing.

Sep 21, 2019
I showed Maki to a friend and we came to the consensus that she's very cute and she very much has vTuber flair to her voice. She's also the most understandable and realistic sounding talk bank we've heard! Listening to Maki, she hardly sounds synthesized to me, and with results this good, I'll be looking forward to hearing more AI talk banks for SynthV!

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Maki's talk bank is actually on CeVIO AI, which makes her even more marvelous; CeVIO AI so far has had really shaky results *side-eyes Yukari Rei*, and the fact that she's so clear and realistic blows my mind. I'm 100% buying her CeVIO starter pack when I get the money!

• Wow
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Maki's talk bank is actually on CeVIO AI, which makes her even more marvelous; CeVIO AI so far has had really shaky results *side-eyes Rei*, and the fact that she's so clear and realistic blows my mind. I'm 100% buying her CeVIO starter pack when I get the money!
Adachi Rei was actually A.I VOICE, wasn't she? CeVIO's talk banks so far have all been really good (though as of rn that's just... Rikka, IA, ONE, and Maki), and while I'm still not a fan of how CeVIO sounds I can't deny that the (talking) results so far have sounded really natural despite it.

I'll definitely pick up Maki's at some point, when I'm not... spending like $500 at once for all of her immediately odsifjsodf

Sep 21, 2019
Maki's talk bank is actually on CeVIO AI, which makes her even more marvelous; CeVIO AI so far has had really shaky results *side-eyes Rei*, and the fact that she's so clear and realistic blows my mind. I'm 100% buying her CeVIO starter pack when I get the money!
Ohhh! For some reason I was thinking her talk banks were for both engines...! XD
In that case, consider me double impressed with the quality; I don't hear that notorious CeVIO engine noise and she just sounds so clear! It's amazing how far vocal synths have come. Sometimes they just blow my mind!

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Maki honestly sounds way clearer than the other cevio I wonder if it's because it's in English and we know English or if it's a improvement in the software either way she sounds good

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I just looked at the list of Maki's english phrases (Shout-out to Uncreepy for the link in twitter). And apparently Maki names her guitar Mustan.

Reactions: Jikyusan

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
OMGGGGGGG SHE'S SO CUUUUUUTTTTTTTEEEE !!!!

Fairly realistic, and indeed the quality has jumped for the good =o At one point I thought it was her new voice actress who was talking hearing how smooth it was !

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Just to clarify, the video that was last linked here is not her CeVIO AI talking software, it's a collection of her exVOICE samples which actually are real recordings of her VP speaking. It's meant to be used in works where neither of the singing/talking programs can replicate certain noises (like coughing, natural laughing, etc., as well as some misc lines that fit the character). Every AHS character starting from Yukari (and Iroha and Kiyoteru V4 since their VPs came in to record new stuff for their updates) onward have them!

Her actual CeVIO AI demo video again is this:

Thought I'd post this just in case!

Sep 21, 2019
Ahhh! I thought the other one sounded too real to be a synth! Nonetheless, she still sounds incredible! I think the intonation for the English could use a little work, but surely that's in the hands of whoever is tuning(?) her, right? (I don't really know how talk voices work!)

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Ahhh! I thought the other one sounded too real to be a synth! Nonetheless, she still sounds incredible! I think the intonation for the English could use a little work, but surely that's in the hands of whoever is tuning(?) her, right? (I don't really know how talk voices work!)
So the text at the bottom of that video says it's still under development (though I don't expect for it to have changed that drastically between then and now), and intonation changes haven't been made. That's basically the raw output you get just from inputting text, which is still pretty cool! She should be editable by the time she releases, so I'm sure much smoother sounding results will come out once people get their hands on her.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I think the pacing of the sentences is the most off-putting part. Because an accent is fine and fairly understandable if a word makes sense in the flow of a sentence, but if the flow is off, then it's more difficult to parse what's being said, or mentally fill in what a misunderstood word probably was, etc. Although I'm sure this is very difficult to program (not even Microsoft Sam is perfect) and especially if English isn't your native language. So this isn't a complaint against AHS or anything. It's quite good, for what it is! And I'm not the target audience that will buy a talk bank anyways :P

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
First impressions from her lite:

Her AI is much breathier than her Standard, I had to set the breathiness to zero to match Standard's tone
Her Standard's pronunciation appears more technically correct, but her AI's intonation is more natural
Her AI pronunced several basic words unintellgiably wrong, so her phonemes are going to need some finessing

On first listen, I personally prefer her AI overall, for tonal reasons.

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
I gave the Japanese "lite" version a try. It sounds far less screechy than Saki AI, which is good. But I'm not really into "cute" singing voices, so it's not for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)