• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I love her design, seeing someone use a sage green/pastel olive green in combination with orange for a character design is pretty rare. Very much love that it makes her hair appear as a dark blonde (at least to me). Based on the teaser image I fully expected her to be blue/pink/purple, but I'm so happy that she looks as unique as she does.

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I'll address the elephant in the room.
There was no news of Gynoid since that one poster release. Is Gynoid even still around and active with their Cevio plan that was posted 2 years ago? Or the fact the Chris-A sounding oddly like Vflower of some parts, is just a coincidence and have nothing to do with Gynoid at all? Just some, there is a difference on the high notes making it a completely different character
Not that I hate it, I like the deep huskiness of her low notes and the emotion flexibility. Definitely be downloading the alpha version if my PC can handle the specs.
The tweet showing the specs is still not translated. But it can handle windows 10/11 & mac

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
The tweet showing the specs is still not translated.

CeVIO Pro (tentative)
Compatible with both Windows and Mac, VSTi compatible, and includes a simple stand-alone application.

System Requirements:
Compatible OS: Windows 11/Windows 10, Mac OS 10.12 or later
CPU: Intel/AMD dual core processor minimum *quad core or higher recommended
*If the processor performance is low, skipping may occur during playback. (File output will not be affected.)
Memory: Minimum 4GB *8GB or more recommended
HDD: Minimum 1GB of free space (for installation)
Graphics: Minimum 1280 x 720, full color
DAW: VSTi-compatible DAW software capable of generating 48kHz waveforms
*An internet-connected environment is required to use the application.

---

The minimum system requirements are comparable to SynthV pro, which wants at minimum, an i5 processor or AMD equivalent (2 cores at minimum with the first generation of i5s), 2GB of memory, and 1GB of free disk space for one voice DB installation.)

This being the case, I doubt that CeVIO Pro is doing any computing on the cloud or something of the sort that would necessitate the always-on internet connection. It is my (far from optimistic) guess that instead it is CeVIO Pro's now-unique brand of DRM and perpetual license verification.

Synthesizer V also supports linux environments, whereas CeVIO Pro does not... I was hoping that would change with CeVIO's latest software, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I just can't shake the worry associated with the internet dependency and subscription model. I am wondering if this is a business move made to edge out Synthesizer V Pro's growing market share and voice library selection, and the CeVIO people are hoping that a lower cost at the beginning will pull more people toward their software instead of the classic "pay once" software model. It probably will work for those interested in using Chis-A-- I think Chis-A herself is free, and CeVIO Pro itself is not (with the exception of the testing version they're talking about). (read rylitah's response)The fact of the matter is that most everyday people aren't worried about what I describe here at all and are used to this modern paradigm. But I can't personally see myself being one of those users.

Last edited:

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Better have this fact rechecked cause I've read that the official software for Cevio Pro is also free, even after the alpha trial but it's Chis-A's second installment or release (whatever that means) and other future banks that is paid.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Chis-A is free - the "second release" you're thinking of is referring to the second voice after her. The second voice and subsequent banks (third, fourth, etc.) after that will be paid (edit: originally wrote free here... very much not so).

The editor/CeVIO Pro itself is confirmed to remain free even after its official release, it's mentioned in the initial announcement tweet. The only things that will require a subscription plan/payment at all to use are any voices that are not Chis-A.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I love her design so much!! It's a lot of fun, and a great use of colors that we don't see too often in vocalsynths. Her voice is also really nice. I'm a fan. Not a fan of subscription-based things, especially things like this where if/when the server goes down you'll lose your access... but as the free voice, I really like Chis-A. Hope she's a great success 🎉

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Woah, she's so stunning =o (also it's funny how I wasn't imaginig her having this design based on the blurry pic' x'D but it is great, sure it may look strange here and there but at the same time, I like it because it's refreshing compared with the other CeVIOs (even including the now retired Colors)

I love this demo, and I don't know why but I feel the power in it, and somehow it minds me both to a small city I know + a Pokémon-like battle song so it's twice more fun to hear ; I also hope one day we get the full-full version but I shouldn't be so greedy as having the one-verse version is even more satisfying than the early snippet we've had had

Anyway, I'd be so pleased to try her out as soon as CeVIO Pro is out (nor its alpha) and add her to my collection~ (Moreover, along with her lovely bold tone, it's nice she has thsi colour scheme so she can kinda be either the orange or the "blue" along with the Color series ❤ )

ranranrapa

New Fan
Feb 10, 2022
I'll address the elephant in the room.
There was no news of Gynoid since that one poster release. Is Gynoid even still around and active with their Cevio plan that was posted 2 years ago? Or the fact the Chris-A sounding oddly like Vflower of some parts, is just a coincidence and have nothing to do with Gynoid at all? Just some, there is a difference on the high notes making it a completely different character
Not that I hate it, I like the deep huskiness of her low notes and the emotion flexibility. Definitely be downloading the alpha version if my PC can handle the specs.
The tweet showing the specs is still not translated. But it can handle windows 10/11 & mac
Someone on Twitter seems to have inquired about flower to Gynoid. (they don't specify Gynoid but context of the thread points to Gynoid rather than Techno-Speech for example, but still could be either.) They seemed to have replied yesterday that "regarding flower's cevio delay, our development team is currently disbanded, but we will update everyone once another team is in place. We appreciate if you could wait just a bit more."
The tweet link
I don't know how reliable this person is, but thought i'd mention it as i've seen it mentioned in some japanese voice synthesis threads.
I know Chis-A's similarity to flower is making some people worried they're "replacing" flower, but from Chis-A's description as being an AI made from studying singing data, the voice provider not being announced or mentioned at all from Techno-speech, and the fact that Techno-Speech is a venture company that was born from a lab at a university, i doubt their initial concept was to be a flower replacement, and my theory is rather just them working with what they have.
So if the tweet is true, there aren't any problems with flower's voice provider, and we can still hope for flower's cevio release, although if they don't even have a dev team let alone started working on it, im sure it will take a long time.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
To be fair, her alpha parameter (I'm guessing CeVIO's equivalent of GEN? I've never used any singing CeVIO banks so I may be wrong) has been altered - it's -0.65 in this demo. She sounded fine in the other one, so maybe she just really doesn't react well to it?

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
She sounds nice and I love how bright and cheerful she sounds there (but the cheerful more in a determined, cheerful way rather than the moe one, kinda like if she was nagging you to hold up and not let bad things annoying you like a bold cheerleader x'D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)