• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
There goes my tentative nickname down the trash.
I mean we can't just her flower yet when it's not fully announced, confirmed nor denied by TechnoSpeech and Gynoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyndReed

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Techno-Speech Tweeted out a clarification, which mentions this is an entirely new CV not used in any existing vocal synth products. So it's not flower.
is there a clearer translation of what that tweet means? while it might not be flower in some form(???), it sound incredibly similar to her talk voice, so could it still potentially be the same voice actor playing a new character? google translate just isnt the best and i dont really understand what they mean by CV. are we talking about the voice actor? or the character representing the voice? i see some people saying it means new voice actor who has not been used before... others saying it means new character and thus not flower? @_@ regardless, nice voice. i am getting the impression they mean 'new character' but wanted to know if someone had a better explanation lol.

Last edited:

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Yeah I still believe it could be the same VA since honestly even the pronunciation in the sample we've been shown sounds very flower-like... It wouldn't be entirely unprecedented too since the VA for the Meika twins has also provided the voice for No.7 on Neutrino so this could possibly also be a similar case of a new character with the same voice. In flower's case it'll be difficult to prove this since her VA remains anonymous up to this day so idk if we'll ever have confirmation on this. Gynoid's radio silence not just on Cevio flower news but in general (they haven't tweeted anything besides automated bot tweets since the twitter person in charge of their accounts left besides like, promoing a song once iirc) kinda gives me the theory that this bank is what Cevio flower was supposed to be & it's now been repurposed into a new character but this is pure speculation and I should probably wait till we hear more later this month 😅

Regardless of all this I'm really into this new Song voice!

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
is there a clearer translation of what that tweet means? while it might not be flower in some form(???), it sound incredibly similar to her talk voice, so could it still potentially be the same voice actor playing a new character? google translate just isnt the best and i dont really understand what they mean by CV. are we talking about the voice actor? or the character representing the voice? i see some people saying it means new voice actor who has not been used before... others saying it means new character and thus not flower? @_@ regardless, nice voice. i am getting the impression they mean 'new character' but wanted to know if someone had a better explanation lol.
uchuuzentai on Twitter has a translation posted via a quote RT (I'll edit that into the other post now). CV usually refers to the voice actor behind the character. (eg. if you look at Project Sekai's official website, the characters are named and then they use the "CV" part to credit the voice actor behind said character.)

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
That still clears up nothing and is still cryptic as a riddle. They still didn't confirmed nor denied who exactly is she.
Doesn't CV mean Character Vocals?
When they mentioned existing vocal product, the word can also mean a similar situation to Kirtan where there are existing voice data that was used previously on an existing software, like Neutrino and just sent those to TechnoSpeech. But for Yukari, the VA made new original data purely for TechnoSpeech that was not used in any previous vocal products.

Is this going to be a new trend for upcoming Banks now? Cryptic riddles?

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
That still clears up nothing and is still cryptic as a riddle. They still didn't confirmed nor denied who exactly is she.
When they mentioned existing vocal prodcut, the word can mean a similar situation to Kirtan where there are existing voice data that was used previously on an existing software, like Neutrino and just sent those to TechnoSpeech. But for Yukari, the VA made new original data purely for TechnoSpeech that was not used in any previous vocal products.

Is this going to be a new trend for upcoming Banks now? Cryptic riddles?

Sorry I got to

But more seriously, it is still impressive =o

Reactions: YOYo_MAMA

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Yes, but that's still just referring to the voice provider - that's how it's always used in general JP terminology like Clue said. Character Vocal as a vocal synth specific term is just the product line of Miku, Rin/Len, and Luka, but this isn't Crypton related so it's kind of a moot point.

They're not going to say who it is right now, that's for the announcement later this month. They're only specifically confirming that it's not Flower - which isn't something they had to do whether it is or isn't, but clearly they noticed people speculating and wanted to quickly clarify that it isn't what people are thinking before it got out of hand. It's better to confirm something like this now when the news is still fresh and snip it in the bud than let it fester for a month and get mega backlash when it isn't what people expected. (I've already seen people incredibly disappointed and lose all interest after this announcement orz)

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
yeah its unsurprising theyd want to pipe up about it now- undoubtedly it sounds very similar to the talk voice of flower so im sure it does come as a slight surprise to to those who theorized that, if thats what that means then. from my impressions as a westerner i also typically took "CV" = "Character voice" as in, the character itself, not the voicer. so i can see even more confusion coming from the western fanbase too even after that tweet;; its a shame ppl will already lose interest due to that, as much as i get the yearning for some kind of flower cevio news, with a voice that seems so fitting lol. if didnt say something quickly and waited, it likely only feed the theory that it is flower, or her VA at the very least.

Last edited:
Reactions: pico

___

Oct 8, 2019
This is such a lovely voice, def the 1st Cevio AI vb to catch my eye. However the audio quality in this clip isn't the best and I fear that they'll sound like a bee hive once we hear them directly from editor 🥴 hope not cuz they sound lovely otherwise and as one of my friends pointed out: Cevio Pro, being a VST, at least means we'll be able to mix out some of the more undesirable qualities Cevio vbs suffer from in real time.

Must say, if I decide on getting any of the AI vbs, I'd be more interested in Cevio Pro over the standalone editor.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Do we know if Cevio pro is just a vst or does it have better rendering or something?

Reactions: ___

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Do we know if Cevio pro is just a vst or does it have better rendering or something?
It's only been talked about as a VST for now, no idea how different it is from Cevio AI so far, I think the only new New thing we know for sure is that it has a new parameter called HUS (Huskiness? Probably something like the breathiness parameter which Cevio didn't have yet).

This new sample does sound promising about potential rendering improvements BUT we'll see when we get a proper HQ demo. I just hope whatever updates that Pro will get will also apply to Cevio AI if that's meant to be the standalone counterpart to Pro

Reactions: MillyAqualine

ranranrapa

New Fan
Feb 10, 2022
Ok, so this isn't anything serious i just find speculating about stuff before they come out fun.

So my speculation comes from seeing someone say they think the new voice in the teaser video from Techno-Speech might be the voice of their new Twitter mascot.
That got me thinking, the screenshots up on Twitter of Cevio Pro uses a voice called f008.
20220212_221429.jpg
To my knowledge, we don't know of a voicebank with that id yet.
The IDs we do know are for example f804 for IA Talk, whose character isn't owned by Techno-Speech.
So "008" is a relatively low number, and the devolpment team seem to be using f008 for a lot of their testing / not afraid to show it in their screenshots...so it does seem possible that f008 is Techno-Speech's in-house voicebank, and in turn possibly the voice for the new Twitter icon girl.
Now whether the voice in the teaser video is f008. The fact that Techno-Speech was the first to tease anything with that voice points to yes. But personally the icon girl seems quite feminine as opposed to the androgynous sound of the teaser.
I thought maybe it was the voice that would come bundled with Cevio Pro? But it sounds pretty unique/aquired taste for that. Plus the voice seemed quite expertly tuned, with a brand new song, which you wouldn't think they'd pay money for if it was free. Unless they plan on using it for promotion/ads of Cevio Pro?
So yeah so far that's all i've got.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Specifically, future banks will utilize a subscription based model. So you'll pay every so often for the continued use of them, you can't buy them outright and keep them forever.

It's an... interesting model, and one I had hoped would never come to vocal synths, haha. I'm really not interested in that aspect, but at least the editor and initial voice will be free. Sounds like it'll be a hit from what we've heard so far (though of course, the actual quality could always be worse than we know since it was just a recording of it being played out loud on a speaker).

Also, they'll reveal the name and design of the initial singer tomorrow. Sounds like they're going to announce something each day leading up to the alpha release next week.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I.. don't know how to feel. I love the new voice, but idk if I want to support a program that besides this one voice is subscription based... I hate not being able to own stuff (and yeah I know, nowadays, what really do we own? But I want to at least feel like I own something lol) and I will forever be pro physical versions of everything. It's so weird to me that more and more things go into this direction of subscriptions and god forbid cloud based anything where you own literally nothing, and people seem to be.. just ok with it? Hm. My feelings for this are pretty sour right now.

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Well, somehow it reminds me back the vocalina situation with Vora being the free one, and then Khylin having had a paid version in her early days where it was a one-year ticket or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)