• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
We know that CeVIO has capabilities for English, Japanese, Chinese, French and soon Korean, so I hope that they maybe move Xin Hua over too...

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Didn't Yamaha pay some in the development of Xin Hua I could see it being an issue

___

Oct 8, 2019
If thats the case, any chnloid developed for Cevio would be cool to see to happen!! I have the feeling Cevio would do well on the chinese market >o>

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
Yukari English has been under consideration since at least 2015. There's a long-lost, deleted interview where Tomohide Ogata (the guy behind ahsoft) discusses the prospect. He would like to if demand was high, but finds himself limited by technical limitations. Ahsoft strives to have the highest quality voicebanks. Yukari English might have a different voice provider or be something akin to Lou Tianyi Japanese... if released.

P.S. This was not easy to find.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Xuu's thread on everything that was announced:

Basically (typing out everything in bullets since VVN displays tweets weirdly and it'll clutter up the entire page if I post them all, forgive me);
- CeVIO AI is separate from CeVIO Creative Studio
- No free upgrade, no discount upgrade either (it was considered but "due to time needed to implement the mechanism" it was decided against)
- Creative Studio will still be sold when AI is released
- Talk/Song voices for AI can be bought separately, editors can also be bought separately
- Creative Studio voices cannot be used in AI, updates may be considered in the future
- AI and Creative Studio can run simultaneously
- Creative Studio's .ccs files can be opened in AI

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
DTM recently released an article on Cevio AI. In all in Japanese though, but there are some videos of the first-hand use on software and some comments on it. There are some features like hearing the note automatically after placing it. But I don't speak japanese, I just appreciate the recorded videos.

YOYo_MAMA

Oct 19, 2018
I personally like that you can change the pitch and nasally-tone midway so it makes it look like there are 2 singers in 1 render.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
No sign of a Mac OS release? shaame, I mean I wasn't expecting it at all but I'm still disappointed somehow. I wonder if Cevio AI can even run on non japanese locale systems, the issue that CS had..

Either way it looks like I'm sticking with Synth V and Piapro Studio for just a bit longer. I just wish either Cevio or Voiceroid were mac compatible, I just want one of the speaking synths lol.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Yukari AI (Yukari Rei?) demo and silhouette have been revealed.

hmm... that silhouette.. is interesting...
As for her voice, I don't know if I'm convinced yet... it sure is Yukari.. in Cevio...
As much as I dislike using Vocaloid, and what Vocaloid has become generally, I feel like Vocaloid Yukari has a fuller, more stable voice than this.
I'm hoping that its just poorly (un)tuned demos, but KAFU and Yukario sound kind of airy and shake-y..

YOYo_MAMA

Oct 19, 2018
Compared to Yukari's Vocaloid version. This one sounds, like nothing's changed much. Actually it sound's higher pitch, like a person trying to hit the high-notes. Maybe that's just the way it is tuned, this is just 1 demo so it's showcasing just 1 tuning style. I'll need to hear more samples first.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
I honestly think Yukari would've sounded great in SynthV, I think its really odd that Yukari wasn't developed for SynthV in the first place considering AH-Soft jumped on that train with Kotonoha Akane / Aoi first. It appears that they are aiming to diversify their product lineup as much as possible right now, with having Koharu Rikka being developed for both SynthV for singing and Cevio AI for speaking currently. Now I'm wondering which synth will AH-Soft expand their products on more from here on out? As someone who owns and uses SynthV, I can only hope its SynthV lol. If AH-Soft is currently deciding on their next vocal/character to port to either of these synths, its probably gonna be Zunko..

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I honestly think Yukari would've sounded great in SynthV, I think its really odd that Yukari wasn't developed for SynthV in the first place considering AH-Soft jumped on that train with Kotonoha Akane / Aoi first. It appears that they are aiming to diversify their product lineup as much as possible right now, with having Koharu Rikka being developed for both SynthV for singing and Cevio AI for speaking currently. Now I'm wondering which synth will AH-Soft expand their products on more from here on out? As someone who owns and uses SynthV, I can only hope its SynthV lol. If AH-Soft is currently deciding on their next vocal/character to port to either of these synths, its probably gonna be Zunko..
Yukari is owned by Vocalomakets and Zunko is owned by SSS; they're the ones that make the decisions regarding those characters, not AHS. (Zunko's most likely going to be on NEUTRINO next, going by what they've said)

The Kotonohas happened because AHS wanted to do it and they got permission from AI-JP (the company that owns the Kotonohas) to do so, but so far nothing's been done with the characters owned solely by AHS.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Yukari is owned by Vocalomakets and Zunko is owned by SSS; they're the ones that make the decisions regarding those characters, not AHS. (Zunko's most likely going to be on NEUTRINO next, going by what they've said)

The Kotonohas happened because AHS wanted to do it and they got permission from AI-JP (the company that owns the Kotonohas) to do so, but so far nothing's been done with the characters owned solely by AHS.
Ahhh, this makes sense. So for the characters that AHS does own, that probably narrows down to Iroha, Yuki, Kiyo, Miki, and Maki? Well AHS is still in charge of either production and/or distribution of all of these characters I'm assuming. It's really difficult to tell who owns what, and who gets a say in what, with so many different groups working together on different projects.

YOYo_MAMA

Oct 19, 2018
Honestly I was expecting a different voice, but then it would not be Yukari anymore. If Cevio:Yukari, or Yukari Rei, would sound completely different from vocaloid Yukari, better rebrand her to just the Cevio VB Rei.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I think Yukari sounds very nice actually! There’s still that CeVIO twang, but I’m excited to see what she sounds like when the userbase gets their hands on her.

YOYo_MAMA

Oct 19, 2018
As long as you to sing and talk on the same render window, saves so much effort than opening 2 windows on different programs for singing and talking. They showcased this with Kiritan on the AHS video and Sasara. Is that possible in voiceroid and other softwares? or I'm just that ignorant in this kind of stuff.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Ahhh, this makes sense. So for the characters that AHS does own, that probably narrows down to Iroha, Yuki, Kiyo, Miki, and Maki? Well AHS is still in charge of either production and/or distribution of all of these characters I'm assuming. It's really difficult to tell who owns what, and who gets a say in what, with so many different groups working together on different projects.
AHS only owns Yuki, Kiyo, and maybe Maki of that group fully, and Yuki on another engine is impossible so it's really just Kiyo, Maki, and Kou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)