• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I do love Sasara's newer design, and I'm excited to hear what might come out of VoiSona. I'm a little leery of any kind of sub service for something like this, which is easy to forget but which we must keep in mind, is an instrument. I'd prefer to just purchase one outright, even if it's a bit more expensive to give the voice actors more royalties. And also if you own something, then you can keep using it for... ever, really, even if you end up having to run an older version of your OS as the software ages. But for things like these, you lose access if you stop paying the fee or the company servers shut down, right?

...All that to say, I probably won't go for a subscription model of voice synth, not when I have SO many banks on other engines. I do wish them the best of luck though! I hope to hear some nice stuff from them in the future :)

Krathia

Aspiring Fan
Apr 10, 2018
Neverland
www.youtube.com
I do love Sasara's newer design, and I'm excited to hear what might come out of VoiSona. I'm a little leery of any kind of sub service for something like this, which is easy to forget but which we must keep in mind, is an instrument. I'd prefer to just purchase one outright, even if it's a bit more expensive to give the voice actors more royalties. And also if you own something, then you can keep using it for... ever, really, even if you end up having to run an older version of your OS as the software ages. But for things like these, you lose access if you stop paying the fee or the company servers shut down, right?

...All that to say, I probably won't go for a subscription model of voice synth, not when I have SO many banks on other engines. I do wish them the best of luck though! I hope to hear some nice stuff from them in the future :)
That's why I prefer when companies keep 2 options:
- Subcription (montly/yearly)
- Lifetime licence
That is what Sibelius, ProTools, even now VEGAS does. You always have the chance to just buy it like before.
Subscriptions are okay for testing, or for projects with a X duration (if your project is ending cheaper by using the subs than the product).
But In my case, I will always prefer owning with a lifetime rather than with subscriptions.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Sato Sasara AI on VoiSona is actually something we heard years ago, as it's what they were originally showing off her voice with (CeVIO Pro). A bit poor quality, but I remember uploading it to SoundCloud at the time:

Essentially it's just Sasara AI from CeVIO AI but with a better Vocoder. As you can read in my translation thread above she will be 6600JPY per year as a subscription which works out to roughly $50, and users who have a license code for CeVIO AI Sato Sasara will be able to use her for a year free of charge.

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Rim demo

I guess Haru was also announced?
2EECA5C3-FAF1-4137-ABFE-DF2D342E7659.jpeg

And Rime’s website

Last edited by a moderator:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
RIME both looks and sounds... scarily like KAFU. Like they're sisters or something. SEKAI managed to at least sound a bit different but this really does just sound like a KAFU append. Not sure she'll be worth buying except for fans of RIM herself honestly...

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Rim and Kaf sound similar themselves so it’s not exactly a shock that their respective Cevios would sound similar too lol. I can’t agree about Isekaijoucho or Sekai sounding anything like them like, at all though.
Bit disappointing there’s no like RIME eng bank tho.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
SEKAI sounds different enough which is good, and the good thing with RIME is even if she does sound similar to KAFU, it's kind of like she sounds close to the Type A KAFU people were wanting originally which is a strong point. The big disappointment is definitely that she's only getting a Japanese bank. Hopefully they'll consider doing one after COKO and HARU release?

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I agree, I think RIME is missing something. I like the design, and think it is good visually as part of the ensemble. Maybe a future demo will illuminate something more tonally. But overall I really like what they've done with these banks as, like, an overall creative project and think some cool stuff can come out of all of these synth characters singing and being together.

By the way, three new VBs were actually announced today. Along with HARU, there's also COKO.

HARU -> Harusaruhi
COKO -> KOKO

All existing vocals part of VWP.

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
RIME sounding alot like KAFU is pretty much expected. Still hoping they try an Engrish Demonstration. The one thing that got me to listen to RIM more is her Engrish covers. There's something about her thick accent that is actually endearing.
COKO is also designed as a Fox Girl. That makes her the second Cevio fox after Itako. Which is odd since Koko doesn't have any animal features on her. Where did the fox theme come from?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
COKO's name in Japanese (狐子) can basically be translated as "Fox Girl" so they've probably drawn heavily on that for her design! I'm looking forward to seeing it be revealed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)