• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Cevio AI for RIM was recently announced on their livestream, images from the livestream were circulating on twitter.

With how RIM also seems to enjoy singing in English, though her accent is obvious. It would be nice if they also made an English bank for RIM. Mainly to differentiate her with KAF and give her a gimmick.
KAF is the first one, SEKAI is the first to have emotional parameters, RIM can be the first to have an English bank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
If Gynoid has really gone under or at least stopped doing PR and new products, someone else coming in and acquiring the rights to flower's character doesn't seem too unlikely since she's still mega popular. I've always thought they were leaving money on the table in regards to her ever since they went near radio silence cuz she's climbed up to being the most used Vocaloid next to Miku. I'm guessing either Techno-Speech or the VocaColle ppl came in and negotiated this so that they're able to develop and market any future flower stuff. Maybe
That's actually what strikes me really odd about the whole Gynoid situation. Flower is mega popular, people are buying and using her left and right. So how did Gynoid (presumably) go under like that? There's no way it had anything to do with financial troubles (they had money to create the Meikas even with V5's apparently ridiculous licensing fee and it's not like they did too badly), so something happened internally? I know the social media person stepped down and left the company to move on to other things, but it felt like they really were the only person running the company at all considering the dead silence that came right after.

I know we'll never know what actually happened, but man it's so weird to think something like this could happen to a company of one of the most popular Vocaloids ever.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Sorry to double post, but it seems Techno Speech isn't behind Ci Flower either. Her design is set to be revealed at Nico Nico Choukaigi (specifically, the "Super Art Exhibition" which The Vocaloid Collection is hosting, held on the 29th/30th), so we'll probably get more information then.

I guess the only thread left before it gets clarified is that she's by the company behind The Vocaloid Collection (which is a seasonal contest/event for producers and artists to generate a bunch of vocal synth content for prizes, with different categories and rankings), which seems to be DWANGO (The VocaColle site has a copyright DWANGO mention in their footer). Alternatively it could still just be Gynoid, but... probably not. If it were Gynoid I think they'd just revive their social media accounts and announce her there anyway instead of making a brand new account - that's probably thanks to being under new management at this point who don't have access to/have no desire to use Gynoid's existing accounts when they can make a new identity for her instead.

The funny thing is that on Ci Flower's official images that we have so far (the silhouette and the logo) the copyright is just... Ci Flower, like she owns herself. I'm not really sure why they're keeping the company a secret at this point still if it isn't Techno Speech or Gynoid, but I guess the only possible company left it could be is DWANGO. If it's not them either then it's impossible to guess. Unless the company is literally just called Ci Flower.

Anyway! It's not like any of this speculation really matters when we're gonna find out in a few weeks with her design reveal probably, but I just find the whole thing fascinating. I'm having a lot of fun thinking about it; looking forward to seeing what actually gets revealed.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Do we even know if it is vflower or is Ci flower just another character
technically speaking there really isnt any confirmation it is V Flower but its the assumption considering the name and such. they were pretty quick to clarify Chis-a pre-her reveal that she wasnt flower as similar as they sounded, so i would expect theyd clarify that too if Ci Flower wasnt a new iteration of V Flower since that is what everyone is running with... but yeah, no, its technically unconfirmed until we get more details.

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Japanese CeVIOs can sing in English now!
Additionally, the Timing [TMG] parameter has been updated! While the previous editor allowed for more complex crossfade adjustment, it did look pretty cluttered. It has now been simplified for easier understanding; you can still use the old editor if you enable it in the program settings.

You can also now view phonemes directly under the notes as well as adjust timing in the Song View! By holding alt you can temporarily adjust the phonetic blocks, or you can switch to Phoneme Input mode with [ctrl+p] and edit them there. (Slur functions are visualized on the main editor in a new way as well.)

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Japanese CeVIOs can sing in English now!
Just to clarify, this appears to be a phoneme substitution type of update rather than a full cross-language function like SynthV has, right? She still has a notable accent. That said, it'll make English songs much faster to be able to just use this feature and then adjust words as you please, instead of doing the whole song by hand!

YOYo_MAMA

Oct 19, 2018
It oddly similar like Chis-A but less bright? It's just the very small amount of orange. But it's slowly driving away from the feminine idol-like look of V3 and heading to more modern-day style. No more frilly skirt, but a sci-fi techno aesthetic with a tiny amount of punk, an oversized jacket, also like Chis-A, and big boots. This is more like for everyday use, I like it. Unless your one of those people who prefer the idol skirts. Different people, different tastes in style.

Last edited:
Reactions: MillyAqualine

YOYo_MAMA

Oct 19, 2018
At this point I just see "flower" like a surname, "V" and "Ci" is simply to differentiate the two based on what is under the hood. Or different Variants since they did specifically put a label with the word flower to distinguish between the two, like SCREW Driver, and PHILLIPS SCREW driver.

Last edited:

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
This design is.... confusing.
I dont understand what aesthetic they're going for with design. I'm not a character design expert but from a laymans perspective this design doesnt leave much of an impression on me.
Im just confused about this character in general. Is this a spinoff of V flower or not? The way the hair is done is would suggest to me yes but iirc GYNOID isnt attatched to this project.

I hope the voice sounds nice though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)