• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
The Vocaloid Twitter started tweeting again today. They haven't tweeted since May and are suddenly reminding everyone about tips and tricks and their discount campaign that is still going on.

Hmmm.... I wonder why they could suddenly be reminding us? Could it have anything to do with Crypton Appends?! Wat started tweeting again, too, and the Cryptonloid sale ends at the end of the month.

Edit: I forgot to mention that someone was speculating on Wat's Twitter post that maybe they'd announce something at Magical Mirai next month. Maybe it is true?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hmmm.... I wonder why they could suddenly be reminding us? Could it have anything to do with Crypton Appends?! Wat started tweeting again, too, and the Cryptonloid sale ends at the end of the month.
I was thinking about that sale a few days ago. I'd been thinking about things in terms of the sale lowering the overall price (VB + append) in order to encourage people to buy. But since we don't know about the connection to the appends yet, I realized that it might be more along the lines of encouraging people to buy the VBs and then offering the appends to upgrade them. Since they would have bought the VBs already (and recently), they might be more interested in getting the newly-announced upgrade.

It's just sort of a different way of thinking about it, but I think it's one that, if true, implies that the appends will require the base VBs in order to work.

The alternative is that the appends work by themselves, and they're lowering the price to clear out old stock prior to releasing new stuff. But appends aren't like V5, and while I guess companies do it, "clearing out old stock" isn't something that really applies to digital downloads, as they don't take up appreciable shelf space. That makes the sale seem more like "bait" to draw people in to buying the appends to me.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Yeah, I think they're trying to get people to buy the banks, and then when they release the Appends, give them a discount on that.

Right before Yamaha released V5, they kept pushing sales on their digital stock of Vocaloids (like Lapis and Zola Project in massive bundles of like 3-5 Vocaloids).

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Edit: I forgot to mention, but I believe based on screenshots that iZotope is what Crypton is using for Cherry Pie, because the interfaces look the same and this is a vocal effector plug-in.

Crypton is offering "NECTAR 3 ELEMENTS" for free until August 12th, register while you still can:
For people who own our VOCALOID products, iZotope's effectors for VOCAL-use are being distributed free of charge!! For VOCALOID voices and human voices, we would be happy if everyone would use them.

These are the applicable products:
MEIKO V3, KAITO V3, HATSUNE MIKU V3, HATSUNE MIKU V3 ENGLISH, HATSUNE MIKU V3 BUNDLE, HATSUNE MIKU V4 CHINESE, HATSUNE MIKU V4 ENGLISH, HATSUNE MIKU V4X, HATSUNE MIKU V4X BUNDLE, KAGAMINE RIN/LEN V4X, KAGAMINE RIN/LEN V4X BUNDLE, KAGAMINE RIN/LEN V4 ENGLISH, MEGURINE LUKA V4X

*Including the Upgrade, Package, Download, Priority and VOCALOID SHOP version.

That tweet links to this tweet:
For all users who own virtual singers like "Hatsune Miku V4X"! A present campaign for the extremely popular effector plug-in "NECTAR 3 ELEMENTS"!!

That tweet links to this news post:
Source
For users who have "Hatsune Miku V4X" and other "V3", "V4", "V4X" virtual singers, we have the privilege of offering a vocal mixing plug-in product developed by "iZotope" which is leading technology in AI and machine learning called "NECTAR 3 ELEMENTS" (normally $129.34) free of charge, the limited-time special campaign has begun!

For people with the targeted products, and naturally people who purchase starting now who apply during the campaign can recieve "NECTAR 3 ELEMENTS" as a gift!
-----------------------------------------------
The process to receive is simple!
While logged in to a SONICWIRE account that has the targeted products registered to it, on the following page just click "Send email" a serial number for "NECTAR 3 ELELEMENTS" will be sent to your email address!
Here is the page to set up for the gift campaign >>

※Please confirm the detailed information regarding the target products and points to note, etc. on the campaign page.
※For people who purchased package versions or from download stores, perform license registration with the license ID included in the package, and please complete account integration of SONICWIRE and Crypton accounts.

Please do not forget to apply, because the present campaign ends August 12, 2019.

Furthermore!
We are planning to offer a special discount to upgrade "NECTAR 3 ELEMENTS" to the fully functioning "NECTAR 3".
Look forward to further news!

(Please compare Nectar Elements to Nectar 3 on this page.)

Steps to get "Nectar 3 Elements":
Please click here to follow along with the instructions

Option 1) For people who have package versions:
1) Have an account on SONICWIRE
2) Have an account on Crypton site
3) On My Page at the bottom, click "+ Product Registration" to enter the serial number information from your box.
4) Integrate your Sonicwire and Crypton accounts here

Option 2) For people who have download versions:
1) Make sure you have a Sonicwire.com account that has at least 1 of the applicable products linked to it.
2) Simply click the orange "SEND EMAIL" button to receive the download link

Instructions for Step #4 to integrate the two accounts:
1) Tell them the email/password for your SONICWIRE account and click the green Next button.

2) Confirm the email and your name for your Crypton account and your SONICWIRE account, write in the password for your Crypton account to confirm and then click the red button.

3) You get a confirmation that everything went all right. Click the red button to see if iZotope is in your product list (see step 4).

4) This is what it looks like in your product list if it worked correctly.
step4.jpg

How to actually download Nectar 3 Elements:
1) Check your email for the email from SONICWIRE containing the serial number for NECTAR 3 ELEMENTS.
2) Click the link under "[Product Registration/Install] and "iZotope Product Portal".
3) Click the orange "Download for Mac" or "Download for PC" button
4) iZotope "Product Portal" gets installed
5) Once it downloads, you have to register the serial number from the email.

How to start using Nectar 3 Elements:
I don't know, I can't get it to work and I'm getting angry.
I think you have to have the Professional version of Studio One or Studio One Artist with the separately purchased 'VST and AU and Rewire Support' extension.
I have Professional, but I can't get Studio One to find Nectar 3 Elements. I found that the file for the vst is in Program Files (x86) > Steinberg > Vstplugins > "iZNectar3Elements.dll" and "Nectar 3 Elements.dll", but even when I try to point to it in Studio One, it won't show up.
If anyone is willing to help, please do so.

Edit: I got it to work in FL Studio, but not Studio One still.

Edit 2: I wasted like an hour of my life, but I finally found it. I thought it would be in the "Instruments" tab with the other VSTs, but it's actually in the "Effects" tab.

Last edited:

khanadee

Engloid Fan
Apr 19, 2018
DC
i bought meiko v3 on bigfishaudio; is there still a way to register her to sonicwire or is it a lost cause? lol

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
i bought meiko v3 on bigfishaudio; is there still a way to register her to sonicwire or is it a lost cause? lol
I have never purchased a Crypton Vocaloid from a different seller before, so I don't know how to register it.

But someone in the VocaVerse Discord has the same exact problem as you with being unsure of how to register her because they have a serial from Big Fish Audio, but not the same type of numbers in a box purchase. They wrote an email to Big Fish Audio to try to find out what to do (but haven't gotten a reply yet). The other option for who to contact is Crypton (but they only answer Japanese emails, which I am willing to help with).

Hopefully someone in the community has an answer for this problem.

Edit: @khanadee I found this page that shows different types of licenses, but I don't see one about an email yet: クリプトン | マイページとは?
Have you attempted to see if just clicking the orange "SEND EMAIL" button on this page?

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Have you tried registering into the Crypton site first? :rune_lili: Cause I don't know how to register their Vocaloids into Sonicwire...:ring_ani_lili: (I tried looking around and failing for like 10 minutes...)

If the numbers are the same amount as the picture then I think you're good to go in there and just link it to Sonicwire.... I hope....:kyo_ani_lili: If it fails....I'm sorry....:ring_ani_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Thanks very much for your work on this, @uncreepy!

I would like to ask: what is "Nectar 3 Elements"?
It's basically a plugin that rolls together various effects (like a de-esser, pitch correction, tone correction, reverb, and others) into one plugin. It also has some kind of intelligence behind it to try to apply those changes automatically, though you can change things manually a little after the fact. Their website describes it a bit.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
yeah, i tried, sort of! :( im not sure which numbers to put in haha

Now I'm curious of what the numbers are, but I don't want you to show them here or to me. :arsloid_ani_lili: Product code is 5 number (I even checked my Kaito's code for the amount), but the registration code is bigger amount than the picture.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Based on my experience, the product ID is a 5-digit code of just numbers. The serial number is a 16-character series of numbers and letters. The serial number may be separated into about 4 groups by dashes, or it may not; it doesn't seem to matter.

The link uncreepy provided seems at least to me, to bear this out: the "product code" is a 5- digit number (so it would seem to correspond to product ID), and the blurred-out "license ID" looks like long enough to maybe be a 16-character code (the serial number).

It looks like one of the screenshots in that link refers to Big Fish, so maybe the instructions from there would help?

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

khanadee

Engloid Fan
Apr 19, 2018
DC
the problem is im only given two numbers; one is the activation code and the order number. im not sure where i'm supposed to look for these other numbers

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
the problem is im only given two numbers; one is the activation code and the order number. im not sure where i'm supposed to look for these other numbers
The serial number should be the same thing you used to activate Meiko through the Vocaloid software. If you've done that already, that's the number you use for that.

I suspect the 5-digit product ID would be the same for everyone (Since I guess it'd be like an identifying number on Crypton's list of products?). On Sonicwire (an arm of Crypton), Meiko V3's ID is 37372 (As you can see in the URL for her product page -- "https://www.sonicwire.com/product/37372" -- and which might have come to you in an email or something from Big Fish at some point, maybe? I don't know, not having ordered from them.)

khanadee

Engloid Fan
Apr 19, 2018
DC
yeah, im only seeing the order number even when checking the purchase email :( its 6 digits so i feel like thats not it, thought i've tried it anyway

edit: i'll try 37372 haha, i misread that message

edit 2: UGHH that worked, but now its saying the serial code isnt the right number??? i know it is??? aaaaargh

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
edit 2: UGHH that worked, but now its saying the serial code isnt the right number??? i know it is??? aaaaargh
Mm, be sure to try it with/without dashes or spaces, etc., and be sure to watch for typos, I guess? Maybe the page you're on isn't as forgiving as the Vocaloid activation tool.

If you've got Chrome translating the page from Japanese, sometimes I've noticed that it can mess with pages and make them not work, so maybe that's a possibility, too. So maybe try a different browser that isn't translating, or turn off translation in that case.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Crypton announced the upgrade discount from Nectar 3 Elements to the full version (Nectar 3) at 50% off:

For some reason, when I try to click the links on the campaign page, it takes me back to the homepage. But I was able to find the upgrade purchase page in the end.

The upgrade is 50%, so normally it costs $201.49, but it's $99.73 until September 6th (Japan time).
iZotope's other products are also temporarily on sale on that same page (if you click the product names below, I've embedded links to each product page so you clean learn more about them from iZotope's website):
Music Production Suite 2.1, Ozone 8 (Advanced or Standard), Neutron 3 (Advanced or Standard), RX 7 (Advanced or Standard), Vocal Bundle 2.

Personally, I am going to wait to upgrade in order to see what Crypton announces in terms of how the Appends/Cherry Pie relate to Nectar 3. We don't know if Cherry Pie will work directly with Nectar or if they simply want us to fix up the vocals with Nectar after creating them in Cherry Pie.

This is a demo so I don't have to try to explain what Nectar does:

Reminder that you can still get Nectar 3 Elements for free until August 12th.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
It's crazy to me how fast that happened. For pretty much anything, I'm used to there being more lag in a situation like this, but we got the Elements promo last week, and now the upgrade they promised is here already. Not sure what, if anything, that means--maybe they just couldn't get something in line to provide the full version before, but wanted to get Elements out there? Or else it's sort of a step plan--get people onto Elements, then offer the full version. Though I'd maybe expect a longer lag in that case, so they could get more people on Elements/give them a chance to try it.

Don't know what Nectar has to do with Appends (hopefully nothing, unless they're different from the VBs we've seen so far) or Cherry Pie, but Nectar 3 does offer a lot of stuff that Elements doesn't come with, based on that link from earlier.

Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)