• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Crypton got caught in an "endless loop of updates" because they take forever! Internet updated 3/4 of their V2s before Crypton even got a single V3 out.

And Ruby didn't go with Crypton cuz Crypton wanted a ton of control over the project- not attractive to third party devs!

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Crypton got caught in an "endless loop of updates" because they take forever! Internet updated 3/4 of their V2s before Crypton even got a single V3 out.

And Ruby didn't go with Crypton cuz Crypton wanted a ton of control over the project- not attractive to third party devs!
Just to throw Crypton a bone. Everyone knows that they're slow but they also do tons of Miku campaigns and tours every year which is time consuming for a small company like them. This has an impact on their development team. Internet doesn't do much with their Vocaloids compared to Crypton. V3 was a slow start (having to scrap their work from V2 and beginning some from scratch) but they still manage to release 4 Vocaloid products and 5 in V4 era.

Crypton will always have management issues, but after Miku NT is fully released and not having to deal with Yamaha anymore could lead to things speeding up a bit.

I mentioned it before that Crypton might not mind third parties if they themself aren't involve in the development and marketing. Also the vocals shouldn't have any connection to the Cryponloids besides being on Piapro Studio. Didn't Syo searched for someone to co-develop and to publish Ruby? Isn't this the reason why Crypton wanted a say in Ruby's image and for sure marketing rights. If it was an Una and Internet deal where they were paid to develop her voicebank only, then Crypton wouldn't care what Syo and co. did with Ruby. I'm rusty with the whole Ruby situation, so I could be completely wrong.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Also going to through my bone on the v3 updating. I think what took crypton so long was that they were developing English voice banks for all of their products and they had to scrap a lot of their v2 banks (luka append, Meiko v2, Miku English v2). Miku English in particular taking a long time and effort. They even made a English voice bank from her English teacher to help in her development. So it's not fair to compare them to internet co. I just hope that nt helps them stream line their development.

Reactions: Jikyusan

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
wow, I know third parties wouldn’t like a company taking almost full control of a project, but in this case I think the Ruby team really goofed by not teaming up with Crypton (mainly for the popularity / mainstream factor).

They even made a English voice bank from her English teacher to help in her development.
I kinda want to hear that voice bank now lol.

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Hopefully, the 4th June release won't be postponed, too. We could make a drinking game out of this haha

But seriously, it would have been best for Crypton to initially announce the release date of the prototype closer to the August one. Like more between end June - mid July. Could have save everyone some headaches in the first place.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
This is just embarrassing to watch. Pick something a little father out than a week, Crypton! It's like watching someone hit the snooze button over and over like "5 more minutes". orz And they wait until Friday night to announce it being delayed as if they couldn't tell right away it wasn't gonna happen this week. Thanks for continuing to torture us who paid money to back your project.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Sweet! The last time I looked at the page, there were only like 3 effectors, so getting the others is awesome!

Regarding the delay...well, I guess they don't follow Scotty's rule for setting deadlines/project management, ha ha (Scotty advocates OVERestimating how long your work will take, so that when it takes less time you look like a miracle worker; they're basically doing the exact opposite.):

Oh well, here's hoping for Jun. 4. Sucks that it got delayed again, but I'm happy about the new effectors, in any case :) .

Last edited:
Reactions: Twillby

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was expecting the release of NT to have tons of bells and whistles and be a really cool, memorable event, but right now it just looks... sad. orz They're probably just gonna throw the download at us without much said or any videos to promote it. If they do have a video, I'd be surprised. I have been waiting for cool, mysterious silhouettes and teasers and stuff since this thread got started on VocaloidOtaku, but it looks like the way we'll remember this is point in history as having numerous desperate delays, confusion, and disappointment. Hopefully the software is so cool that it makes up for the lackluster release... 😓

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
They will only listen if the Japanese fans get really mad at them and God forbid if this happens.

It would be a mercy for them if the collective fandom forget this in some years. Haha

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
Why are we STILL not getting any videos demonstrating the software when it's release is supposedly so close? Back when the video "demonstration" of Miku NT originally came out I said that I felt underwhelmed but everyone told me to just hold out for more demonstrations. Where are those other demonstrations? How are customers supposed to be excited about a new product when they don't know anything about it? This is genuinely embarrassing and does not bode well for NT as a whole.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I agree that it's troubling there are no demos, no explanations, no nothing. But how could any fan have even predicted the situation would turn out this embarrassing?

Months of no word, last year they were more transparent, but the longer this project went on, the more quiet Crypton got. Makes fans feel unsure and gives off a vibe that Crypton isn't too sure, either.

And now Crypton is scrambling so much to just quick get it ready for people who preordered it that it seems they're putting all of that promotional/informational stuff to the side. I seriously hope that we aren't just given the software with no manual or explanation and aren't just left to figure it out on our own through trial and error. How can anyone think this is an acceptable way to debut a new software with new parameters that are supposedly easy to use? I think on top of NT's more strict rules, people are not going to take NT seriously once it finally comes out unless it's extremely good, but even then, I think people won't forget about this. Vocaloid fans have scarily good memories...

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just wanted to point out, what we're looking at at this point is the demo/user-test release. The full release is still scheduled for August still, as far as has been announced. I'd still expect there to have been more demo videos/etc. by this point, but then again, I wouldn't necessarily hype a beta product, either--I'd put my energy behind the thing when it's actually done.

The whole constant nudging back of the release date/lack of videos makes little sense to me. It definitely doesn't make a great showing. Hopefully they'll be able to handle things better for the full release.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was under the impression that NT was going to release whatever they had by the estimated prototype release date (I can't remember how long ago that was, April?), as in some sort of lite version just to satisfy everyone's curiosity while waiting for August. But it looks like they are, for some reason, rushing to add MORE features? (Notice how they added the last effector.) It makes it seem like NT is at this point, an unstable build? Where do we draw the line between basically finished product and prototype? At this rate, all we will be waiting for is the additional voice banks other than Original. o__0

It just seems weird to be like "Hey guys, try the prototype! But, oh, we aren't gonna show you what it looks like at all!" And then release the real version 3 months later. Wouldn't they assume a lot of people are going to preorder and show everyone else what the software looks like? Wouldn't Crypton want to be in control of revealing the features with a flashier entrance instead of us having to show like... Bandicam recordings of the interface? It seems like by the time the real version comes out, everyone will be used to NT for the most part. Except maybe the only things we'll be waiting for are the remaining voice banks, maybe Miku NT's design, and maybe Cherry Pie if they don't reveal the last 2 with the prototype. Actually, I'm not even sure if the prototype will be both standalone and VST or only one of those things due to the software note seeming complete. I'm just generally confused, I guess.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was under the impression that NT was going to release whatever they had by the estimated prototype release date (I can't remember how long ago that was, April?), as in some sort of lite version just to satisfy everyone's curiosity while waiting for August. But it looks like they are, for some reason, rushing to add MORE features? (Notice how they added the last effector.)
That sounds like how I remember the plan. I figure the reason might be either because
  1. They thought that the original version of NT that we saw originally, which included like 2 effectors, wasn't good/flashy enough for people's initial taste of the new software (First impressions die hard, after all.). So they kept adding stuff to make it more appealing.
  2. They want to add more effectors so that people can test them and they can get feedback on them prior to the release date.
At this point, I'm kind of wondering about the turnaround between testing the initial version and releasing the final product. With only 3 months between the two, I have to hope they won't find many/serious issues during the user testing. Otherwise it may be tough to fix before the real launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)