• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Oh I'm 99% sure it's not coming out August. It's nowhere near finished and Miku still has two other banks. Would be more for them if there was any new demos. Or a presentation/ tutorial video like how most software is promoted.

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
My apologies for the sudden change of subject. I have this silly crack theory of mine.

Conceptually, wasn't the voice colour function in EVEC an attempt to create a more sophisticated and streamlined append system?

With 2nd generation EVEC being a thing. Could all of Miku appends be transferred to the voice colour function? Like original voicebank is the base to input those "append colours". I keep thinking that the two unknown voice slots should be Miku's English and Chinese db. Otherwise, it's dumb to keep two appends just to exclude the rest.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
My apologies for the sudden change of subject. I have this silly crack theory of mine.

Conceptually, wasn't the voice colour function in EVEC an attempt to create a more sophisticated and streamlined append system?

With 2nd generation EVEC being a thing. Could all of Miku appends be transferred to the voice colour function? Like original voicebank is the base to input those "append colours". I keep thinking that the two unknown voice slots should be Miku's English and Chinese db. Otherwise, it's dumb to keep two appends just to exclude the rest.
This is definitely something I've considered before! I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case, although the engine would have to have a lot of range, or EVEC would have to be have gotten quite the expansion, for her to have the emotional range of multiple differently-toned voicebanks in this case!

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
My theory is that it's Miku original Japanese Miku English and Miku Chinese. With appends coming down the line for another release they do only 5 character products to support a synth.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
It would be cool if NT somehow had all of the voice types/languages, but I don't think we'd be so lucky... We know that Luka had spoken in English for Project Sekai, so maybe we will get English after all. But Miku Chinese got that free update recently, so I feel skeptical about an NT Chinese voice. Maybe if we can use parameters to change the type of voice kind of like EVEC, my best guess is we'd have to use the Voice Voltage effector.

Last bit, but I was re-reading the English Sonicwire and forgot how, er,,, humble some of the statements on it were. "A Hatsune Miku voice library at the limits of perfection!" Oh-ho, wow!

Not to be a snake emoji or anything, but what's even the point of releasing a demo?
The point of us wanting a demo is so we can see them actually using the software to show its functions/what the interface looks like. Without one, it's basically like buying a new car except you have no clue what the car even looks like. We have HEARD a lot of Miku NT for collabs/events, but we just want to see the software in action. I don't think recording a 5 min video should be that difficult. Instead of something actually helpful, we were treated to 2 microscopic gems like:
shot_ps_mikunt_en.jpg

Wow, so tiny, can't read anything. Like, obviously it looks like the current Piapro, but things are different with menu naming. They keep bragging that NT is easier to use than before, but they won't... show how easy it is? Some of the functions are semi-automatic, but we don't know what that really means.

I actually went back to look at the official YouTube for Miku and the demos on there are pretty sad, too. A lot of them don't show the parameters and are either a static image or they show only the notes and no tuning. For example...
Static image (they already released one for Miku NT that was like this):

Scrolling through software but can't see parameters:

Guess wishing for a demo on how to use the software is too much and Crypton stinks at fulfilling a basic music-making demand. Seriously, go to any DAW-related website and there are plenty of videos demonstrating software and VSTs. Guess I'm gonna give up on waiting for a demo. Maybe if we're lucky they'll make a Japanese-only official guidebook for NT like usual.

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
^Those older demos are pretty basic, but at the very least those demos were demonstrating the voicebanks on a software that users were either already familiar with or could learn about from Yamaha's demonstrations. The sound was most of what the audience needed. Miku NT is completely different. Crypton needs to sell us on not only Miku's voice, but also how we interface with it, and they're completely neglecting that second part.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I think that's why the adoption rate is so low with western producers they don't market it like software. If I didn't know what a vocaloid or a Miku is I wouldn't have been able to figure out what they were trying to sell me in the first video.

Sep 21, 2019
I agree that they're neglecting the second part too much. I feel like they're treating this more like just another voicebank release, rather than a release of entirely new software. Even Vocaloid 5 had some kind of demonstration of the software and we all know by now that Yamaha isn't exactly

Prism also raises an excellent point. If I didn't know anything about Miku or Vocaloid, I would have thought it was just some random song by a niche company featuring closed off/private software (probably not even that; I probably would have mistaken it for a heavily autotuned singer or something). I think Vocaloid companies in general tend to market a little too much to those who already know about the software. I feel they often forget they should be trying to actually sell other types of people on the software. (I know a thing or two about selling and marketing, so don't mind my ramble coming up here.)

What I find odd is that the companies making Vocaloids have lots of ties (especially Crypton and Yamaha) yet fail to use them for marketing purposes. Yamaha is a relatively large part of the music making "industry" (look at all the different instruments, etc. made by Yamaha) and yet they tend to drop the ball when it comes to Vocaloid. They could use their ties to market the software and yet they don't. (They could do a promotion like, "buy a keyboard and get 30% off the Vocaloid voice synthesis software" or something.)

Crypton has ties to Yamaha and Sega, so they could use those as outlets for marketing as well.

(Also, TV, YouTube, and other types of ads! Hello, people? Yamaha where's your head at? Hmu for some marketing advice! XD)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
It would be cool if NT somehow had all of the voice types/languages, but I don't think we'd be so lucky... We know that Luka had spoken in English for Project Sekai, so maybe we will get English after all. But Miku Chinese got that free update recently, so I feel skeptical about an NT Chinese voice. Maybe if we can use parameters to change the type of voice kind of like EVEC, my best guess is we'd have to use the Voice Voltage effector.
That has been what my assumption for the software was; I can't imagine they would drop a language they already have, and I assume that eventually NT will replace Vocaloid as Crypton's backbone technology, so with three "VB" slots, I'm assuming that those slots will be filled with Original, English, and Chinese, though not necessarily all right away. My further assumption, then, is that the effectors are intended to be a more-flexible replacement for the append-type VBs.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
So, since Miku NT is supposed to come out Thursday (maybe our Wednesday if they release it early enough), I want to ask if you all think the prototype will include Cherry Pie or not? They don't actually mention Cherry Pie anywhere on the Sonicwire page (unless you think mentioning AIST at the bottom counts), so I am feeling very suspicious. I feel like I have very low expectations we will be able to try it out Thursday and will have to wait until August for the full version, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Opinions?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm guessing not, for all the reasons you mentioned. Plus, being apparently more for vtubers, Cherry really seems like it's almost a different product from the more music production-related stuff. At least that's my impression. I feel like there needs to be possibly more explanation given when it's released as to how to use it, whereas the music production stuff that's probably more similar to what we have already might be more possible to pick up and figure out if you've used the Vocaloid version before.

I guess that brings up another point: I know we discussed that there hasn't been really anything in the way of instructional videos/material provided for NT, but I'm wondering if they might feel that's par for the course? I mean, aside from books written in Japanese that come out every so often, people learning how to use Vocaloid basically get zero/almost zero official help, outside of things like the manual that comes with Piapro. They're basically left to scrounge around and ask their friends. At least that was my experience, and seems to me to be what other people do. (Unless I did it the hard way...?) That's why our Tuning resource and some of our other resources exist.

Last edited:

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
So, since Miku NT is supposed to come out Thursday (maybe our Wednesday if they release it early enough), I want to ask if you all think the prototype will include Cherry Pie or not? They don't actually mention Cherry Pie anywhere on the Sonicwire page (unless you think mentioning AIST at the bottom counts), so I am feeling very suspicious. I feel like I have very low expectations we will be able to try it out Thursday and will have to wait until August for the full version, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Opinions?
I'm not really sure, to be honest. It's kinda hard to tell how far in they are in terms of developing Cherry Pie. Though i personally think we'll get it closer to when the full version comes out. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high for whatever we get on Thursday, mainly because its only a prototype. (though im not sure why they don't just wait until August to release anything, seeing as it probably wont be fully finished till then anyways)

But still, we could all be pleasantly surprised, who knows~ :miku_ani_lili:

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
Ooo! So they're expanding on different vocal types that they couldn't achieve in Vocaloid???
That's awesome news! It always makes me happy to see innovation~
But still though, bear in mind that we're only getting a prototype on Thursday, so we still shouldn't get too excited.
(but ah who are we kidding its Crypton's first standalone vosynth of course we're still going to be on the edge of our seats anyways)

But yeah, like i said before, I'm really excited to see where Crypton's gonna take their vocals now that they have a bunch more freedom!
(and i'm excited to see how they innovate vocal synth technology forward especially!!!)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was thinking about Wat saying there are various ways to make Miku sing, but at the same time, I can't help but think it would have been nice if they had demonstrated the different ways you can make her sing... 😅 At least there are about 3 hours left til it's Thursday in Japan. I wonder how long it'll be before we can download the prototype.

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Do you all think Miku NT will have a new design and if so do you think it will be really different from her current looks to show the move from vocaloid or that it will be kept in the same line since Miku’s outfit is pretty iconic?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
IMO, there will definitely be a new outfit. I think there's always been a new outfit for each version of the Vocaloid VB, so I'd expect they will do something. Plus, currently Miku is being shown with the bare-shouldered art that they've used in the past to keep Cryptonloids' new outfits under wraps.

Most likely, they won't change it TOO much, because the outfit is so well-known and associated by fans with Miku's persona, I'd imagine, but I would think they will update it somehow. The question to me is if it will be the relatively smaller updates that some previous outfits have seen (think V3-V4X) or something larger (like V2-V3).

In a way, I kind of doubt they will use anything as different as V2 Append...but if they did I'd be excited to see what it was. I think it's more likely they will add some really noticeable touches to the more iconic look.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)