• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Remember before the Meikas came out, how we were wondering if Kotori was really the voice actress for a new Gynoid Vocaloid we were speculating back in February? And that she was supposed to be in a metal duo called Dual Alter World (aka DAW) (so we weren't sure if the Vocaloid she had would be a rockin'/metal-rific Vocaloid or not and wondered if she really would be screaming in the metal band).

Well, I've been following Kotori on Twitter since February and DAW finally posted their first music video... So I'm gonna link it in here, even though it turned out to be completely irrelevant to the Gynoid Vocaloids we ended up getting, just so I can feel like I didn't waste 5ish months of my life waiting and checking her Twitter. >>;

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Miku wrap for the Team Black Falcon car in the upcoming Spa 24 Hour race in France

Last edited:

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Sega recently opened a new arcade and one of the things they had on display was a Miku exhibit that took up an entire floor (at 5:48)

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure if this is the right place, or if this deserves its own thread, but yesterday, on the official Piko Twitter, it was announced a hiatus due to a "end-stage kidney disease". :(((
Apparently it's serious enough to need a kidney transplant. He has already undergone surgery, and needs dialysis three times a week.

His full statement on twitter is in pictures, so I can't translate it. Maybe I can transcribe it later, but I can't promise anything.

ANN link
Twitter link (japanese)

Edit:
ご無沙汰しております。
ピコです。
長々と発信がなく、ご心配をおかけしました。
ごめんなさい。
まずは現状の説明からさせてください。
今年3月下旬頃から体調が芳しくなく、5月頃からは長時間動くことに異常な疲れを感じ始めました。

下された診断は「末期腎不全」。
明確な原因は不明ですが、10年ぐらいかけて徐々に悪くなっていった為、気づくことができませんでした。
その後、専門的な病院でセカンドオピニオンを受け、緊急入院という形で6月末から現在入院中です。

移植が上手くいけば、活動の幅は今よりも格段に広がります。
SNSは引き続き更新しようと思いますので、覗いてくれると嬉しいです。
最後に僕の気持ちを話させてください。
今回このようなことになってしまって、お知らせも遅くなってしまってごめんなさい。

診断を受けた時、最初は頭が真っ白になりました。
真っ白になった後、色んな思いが溢れてきました。
この先どうしていこう。
なんでもっと早く気付けなかったんだろう。
もう歌えないかもしれない。
人生で初めて絶望を感じました。
でも、どうしても諦めたくない自分がいました。
このまま終わりたくない。
叶えられてない夢だってたくさんある。
またみんなの前で歌いたい。
日が経つにつれて、そう思うようになりました。
そんな中、ファンのみんなからの心配や応援のメッセージ、本当に嬉しかったです。
ありがとうございます。

本当にありがとう。
少しの間みんなと会えなくなるのは寂しいですが、今は病気と向き合い、精一杯治療に専念します。
そして必ず戻ってきます。
その時まで待っていてください。

最後まで読んでくれてありがとうございました。
2019.8.15 ピコ

Last edited:
Reactions: kozet

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
If it helps there's already a translation of his message including some replies from fellow Utaite circulating about Twitter:

It seems he will recover from the sound of things and for now will be on hiatus. So it looks to be a good end.

• Wow
Reactions: MillyAqualine

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Wow that's good to hear. Glad he's recovering well. At first I misread that last line as "It seems he will never recover" and was really confused why you said "good end" that way asldfkjasldf. I was really scared for a minute!! :kaito_lili:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018

I'm excited by the talk of Miku-san switching engines, but ヽ(*'▽'*)ノ I'm a Vocaloid, Utau, Voiceroid, and even Voidol; and while Kiritan is preparing to go public with research data with M. Morise of Meiji University to be on a new singing synthesis engine she's in a state of chaos ♬♬٩(๑❛▽❛๑)۶♡
That was really messy/hard to translate in proper English. Zunko is reminding us all of the engines she's on. And then she teases that Kiritan will have a singing voice (she currently has one for UTAU) for a new engine worked on by M. Morise.

M. Morise's full name is Masanori Morise and he is a researcher who worked on STRAIGHT and WORLD. To my knowledge, STRAIGHT is a speech analysis and synthesis framework that can be used by the public (not commercial use)

WORLD is superior to STRAIGHT (uses less computing power) for real-time singing synthesis that is supposed to be as natural-sounding as the input speech. It is a vocoder. CeVIO and UTAU both use WORLD for their engines.

M. Morise's Twitter: https://twitter.com/m_morise

I assume the research is to turn a version of WORLD into a commercial real-time voice converter?

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018

Kind of depressing, but CeVIO got rid of Satou Sasara's website (it now redirects to the CeVIO website). This was the old URL: さとうささら.com

I liked looking around on her site to see the artwork. OTL

I guess it kind of feels like they have given up on making Sasara a thing. Unless they have some new plans and might make another website and don't want to pay for 3 domains? (Hoping for CeVIO 7.)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Kind of depressing, but CeVIO got rid of Satou Sasara's website (it now redirects to the CeVIO website). This was the old URL: さとうささら.com

I liked looking around on her site to see the artwork. OTL
If you felt like it, I guess you could go on Wayback Machine and grab whatever art you liked best...provided the links still worked and all, of course.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
The reactions Yuu got when she revealed that she is Luka's voicer to Luka cosplayers is something else

At the start of the video

At the 10 minute mark. She also reacted to a few vocaloid itashas too in that video.

Last edited:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I kind of dropped out of the fandom for a short period of time when V5 was announced and happening and I hadn't paid any attention to it. Now that I'm reading about all the V5 news....It's really sad imo.
Hardly any vbs being released, Cryptons moving away from vocaloid entirely, internet co. not updating anybody....what is it about V5 that makes it so unappealing to companies?
Almost feels like Yamaha shoulda stuck with V4....

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yamaha was already really restrictive with what companies could and couldn't do, allegedly (they're supposedly the reason Miku's had so many updates in comparison to the rest of Crypton's lineup - she makes the most money). With V5, they tried going back to the original concept of Vocaloid: a serious program for professional musicians. In the process, they disregarded a maaaaasive chunk of their audience who made Vocaloid what it became in the first place: hobbyists and amateurs. As if to drive the point home, they jacked up the prices, got rid of free trials, made V5 files incompatible with VSQ, made it almost impossible to use on computers that aren't expensive and heavy-duty... I feel like they kinda spit in our face, really. Or maybe I'm just taking it too personally.

A lot of companies were already drifting before the switch to V5. Most Japanese V4s, depending on the company, come with assortments of new music-making software, and then of course there's Piapro Studio. It's kind of sad, but it's still refreshing to see companies standing beside both their creative freedoms and that of the non-professional users like us.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
After seeing V5's performance and the fan reaction to it, I feel like Yamaha should have stuck with V4 for longer and tried releasing some updates for it which include V5's features (because some of them were asked for for years before V5 and the fans really like them, but the hardware requirements and the more complex interface seems to be really putting people off buying it.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)