• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I made a massive thread about Crypton's number of employees, the office building they reside in, and their revenue streams here:

(There is no way I am rewriting it, so that's why I'm just linking to it.)
I am just completely sick of hearing that weird rumor that they only have 30 employees when it's completely inaccurate at this point. So many people in the fandom think that just because they're renting space in an office building means they are hard up-- they're literally in the largest office space in Hokkaido and it's FANCY. The reason they do so many JR Station collabs is they're located above it. : / And Crypton doesn't just make money from Vocaloids and Sonicwire. They run a lot more services than people realize!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I made a massive thread about Crypton's number of employees, the office building they reside in, and their revenue streams here:

(There is no way I am rewriting it, so that's why I'm just linking to it.)
I am just completely sick of hearing that weird rumor that they only have 30 employees when it's completely inaccurate at this point. So many people in the fandom think that just because they're renting space in an office building means they are hard up-- they're literally in the largest office space in Hokkaido and it's FANCY. The reason they do so many JR Station collabs is they're located above it. : / And Crypton doesn't just make money from Vocaloids and Sonicwire. They run a lot more services than people realize!
Honestly, they do a lot more than people realize; on top of Miku and the Piapro Characters (God, that sounds like a band name), they've got so much going on in the name of digital music. And even though they're bigger than people realize, 100's still very small, especially for a company of their success level. We stan some absolute kings/queens/general DTM nobility:miku_ani_lili:

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Isn't Crypton one of the biggest japanese music software companies. To the point where Internet co went into vocaloid because they didn't want Crypton to eclipse them in the market.

Reactions: nachodorito

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
LUMI my queen please let this be a synth v voicebank please my one true love on my preferred editor the world isn't prepared for such power

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I'll be damned if it's voicebank related at all honestly. I'm expecting an album or something like that.
That seems more realistic from a company that's been so quiet for so long everyone thought they were dead.

I seriously doubt they'd make a Synth V voice bank if basically no one bought her Vocaloid one, it would be redundant and kind of a stupid business decision (in my humble opinion).
But who knows, maybe they'll crowdfund something.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
:rion_lili::nemu_lili::nemu_smile_lili:I don't know stranger things have happened. Rosa is happening and if you told me that 3 years ago I wouldn't believe you. But album or maybe a crowd funded talk bank seems likely.

Reactions: uncreepy and Leon

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I don't know stranger things have happened. Rosa is happening and if you told me that 3 years ago I wouldn't believe you. But album or maybe a crowd funded talk bank seems likely.
I remember liking Lumi's voice a lot on V4, so a talk bank would sound lovely if it was the same tone.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Not making a thread for this until we have more information (like... their names lol), but there are two new CeVIO AI voices in the works. Both are voiced by a woman, but they'll be a set of male/female twins. The company will be RealizeRecords, founded by @404notfounder_. Another tweet says the project is similar to that of ROSA, so most likely they'll be crowdfunded as well.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Not making a thread for this until we have more information (like... their names lol), but there are two new CeVIO AI voices in the works. Both are voiced by a woman, but they'll be a set of male/female twins. The company will be RealizeRecords, founded by @404notfounder_. Another tweet says the project is similar to that of ROSA, so most likely they'll be crowdfunded as well.

So weird, the tweets are all gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)