• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Kafu announced for CeVIO AI (Early 2021)

___

Oct 8, 2019
Huh, so it is actually "KAF-YOU" after all
Interesting! Could also be play on words.

Soooo...should we pronounce it as Kaf-u or Kaf-you 😳 ?

Edit: Ah also I am starting to see people get upset she and the editor arent mac compatible.
Another edit so I don't double post but yall she doesn't deserve such a pretty website :clara_ani_lili:

Last edited:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Huh, you would have thought if they were that interested in KAFU they would have looked it up before hand...

Very mad her website is that pretty, and her box is too. Seems like they haven't decided on a release date yet though.

Reactions: ___

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I REALLY don't think we're supposed to be pronouncing KAFU as "Kaf-you". The way it transitions in the video is more like:
KAF (as in the way you pronounce her VP's name) + yoU = KafU, so the U being pronounced is supposed to be taken from "yoU".

In addition, the kanji in her name 可不 are pronounced ka-fu and not kaf-yuu or ka-you. 不 only has 2 possible pronunciations: fu or bu.
By the way, the way to pronounce KAF 花譜 is ka-fu, where 譜 can only be pronounced fu.

The website says KAF+YOU in the corner, but the actual URL is kaf-u, and the middle of the page in gigantic letters is KAFU. So I think in addition to the theme of being a "musical isotope" it's like, she's YOUR little musical isotope and you get reminded of it constantly with her packaging, d'aww...

So let's all agree to never pronounce her name as kaf-you ever again, okay?
:ring_ani_lili:

As a side note, I thought it was cool how her website has screen shots of the interface, until I realized only 1 of the images worked and the rest were blank.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I dont think we ever mentioned this demo

Is it just me or had she been getting lots of demos? Especially by such prominent producers? Her release's been postpened for like 3 months now....maybe they're trying to keep the hype up? Hmph...it all seems little fishy but I'm probably just being negative nancy....I just have bad gut feeling.

But in my personal opinion it'd really be best for her to be shelved just for Kaf.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
I dont think we ever mentioned this demo

Is it just me or had she been getting lots of demos? Especially by such prominent producers? Her release's been postpened for like 3 months now....maybe they're trying to keep the hype up? Hmph...it all seems little fishy but I'm probably just being negative nancy....I just have bad gut feeling.

But in my personal opinion it'd really be best for her to be shelved just for Kaf.
oh! i didnt even realize that was a kafu demo. i kept seeing it in my recommended but just did not register it said kafu at the beginning (usually i look for the vocal synth name at the end of a title lol)

its definitely interesting seeing how much theyve been making for her. none of the demos sound bad in the sense that, the people using her make good music. i can imagine with the image Kaf already has, they using their money to pour into demos so people will take notice of it. unsure if its good or bad. they just seem very eager for kafu to be a success, with the hype Kaf has imo.

___

Oct 8, 2019
oh! i didnt even realize that was a kafu demo. i kept seeing it in my recommended but just did not register it said kafu at the beginning (usually i look for the vocal synth name at the end of a title lol)

its definitely interesting seeing how much theyve been making for her. none of the demos sound bad in the sense that, the people using her make good music. i can imagine with the image Kaf already has, they using their money to pour into demos so people will take notice of it. unsure if its good or bad. they just seem very eager for kafu to be a success, with the hype Kaf has imo.
Oh def, what I just find odd is that with how eagerly they're giving Kafu away to producers you'd think she'd be near completion and ready for release ( especially since she was supposed to get released by the end of 2020 )....but....she'd been postponed for quite a bit now and there's no set release date and....well I wonder what's happening behind the scenes...all seems ready so it's weird but I'm probably looking too much into it.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Preordering her comes with a compilation album, so I don't think her getting all these songs is weird since they're probably the songs on it. It is a bit strange though that she at least seems more or less ready for release by now but there's still no sign of an actual date aside from "2021" now.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Preordering her comes with a compilation album, so I don't think her getting all these songs is weird since they're probably the songs on it. It is a bit strange though that she at least seems more or less ready for release by now but there's still no sign of an actual date aside from "2021" now.
That makes sense now! Then only my 2nd point stands.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
It's just a commercial that says
花譜から可不へ
From Kaf to Kafu

聴くから創るへ
From listening to production

like before

and says it makes natural singing, loading files, tuning with the pen tool, saving file, that sorta thing.

The comment on the video by KAFU's team reminds us of that terrible questionnaire where thousands of people responded and they decided to delay release. They are thinking that KAFU's debut will be in the 1st half of 2021 so they can make sure she is of high quality. They also mentioned that exact same weird line again about thinking they should "clearly define/alter their management policies before everyone uses KAFU."

___

Oct 8, 2019
not sure if this was posted to the normal cevio AI thread as it shows some of the software in use, so idk where to share because its also kafu related but, here- new video. also includes the new Guiano song released today featuring kafu.

i dont know japanese, so idk what else the video might be saying.
I can't get over how the guy comes into this minimalistic modern looking room and opens his cool modern laptop and then the Cevio AI interface be like:
158677114_1056782261512781_1599456759809046840_n.png

Also new song!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com

you are able to pre order now...? unsure about any other details of the description however, but wanted to share since this may give a better idea as to....when kafu is releasing. though the description still notes 'first half of 2021' so! i notice on the site it takes me for pre order, the "sale period" is from 2021-03-14 00:00 JST until 2021-05-14 23:58 JST....

also! you can purchase through buyee (on the page the website leads you too), which allows international purhcases. which is nice. always sad to see preorders that can only be purchased in japan. its about $200 (usd) not including shipping.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm sorry but that jump between Kaf speaking in that beautiful soulful voice and then the "IrANai iRaNAi"...sheesh ( not making fun of the producers work, I think their Kafu usage was one of the best ones ) I've became somewhat desensitized to her voice, I feel like many of us did after hearing it so many times, but this put things right back into perspective for me :ring_ani_lili: even tho I do recognize she's improved since december.

I also feel bad for Kaf that she had to endure so much stress for this too, makes the vb not worth it just for that alone.

Tangent aside...ty for the info 🙏

Last edited:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
She's being sold through... booth?? Odd choice, but... okay.

This is the tracklist for the album that comes with her, by the way. One of my favorite producers is actually in here but they didn't upload their song so... if all the ones that will be public are up by now, unless I feel like spending $200 on a single song I guess this is something I won't hear OTL

01.カンザキイオリ 朝日 feat.花譜
02.すりぃ めめしぃ
03.一二三 ホログラム
04.ポリスピカデリー 不埒な喝采
05.Chinozo ジェラシス
06.R Sound Design レトロポリス
07.煮ル果実 ナイトルール
08.Guiano アイスクリーム
09.雄之助 花となれ
10.syudou キュートなカノジョ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)