• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Kafu announced for CeVIO AI (Early 2021)

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
It's a Cevio problem in general, it's very bare bones editor and had been before it's AI version, what you get is pretty much what you get.
Really? Never used CeVio so I didn’t know it didn’t have parameters and such (or at least not as many as VOCALOID / UTAU / Synth V / Piapro Studio). That’s going to really harm her sales by her voice is really a hit or miss (with a higher chance of miss imo)

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
but if Kafu were a Vocaloid bank, I could see people playing around with the gender factor to get her to sound not so much like a female Gachapoid
She DOES sound like a female gachapoid, THATS why she sounds so strange to me

with Yumemi Nemu, she was recorded that way intentionally, but with Kafu, she was clearly recorded differently. It just makes her sound REALLY off compared to other vbs

Reactions: peaches2217

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
with Yumemi Nemu, she was recorded that way intentionally, but with Kafu, she was clearly recorded differently. It just makes her sound REALLY off compared to other vbs
At the very least, Nemu (and by extension, Rion) was intentionally recorded to be as moe-sounding (and thus, "weird" to outsiders) as possible, and she hits her niche well. Kafu, from what we know so far, had something of a botched development, and the end result is that she sounds "odd" in a bad way (for the most part).

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I kinda just want her to come out already it's feels like she's been slowly getting demos for forever I wonder how she sounds in other hands. I hope everything is okay at cevio because they seem to be on hold

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
I don't think it's just a matter of us getting used to the sound of her voice. Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I feel like the way she sounds in these new demos is a lot less artificial than she did when it was first announced that they were going to be modifying her voice to sound less like her voice provider. Like, she still DOESN'T sound like her voice provider, but she sounds a bit more like someone doing a voice instead of like someone who's been pitched to hell.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Is it possible the reason Kafu's been taking so long is because they've been rerecording her to align more with how Kaf is comfortable having her? I think she does sound a lot more natural now - natural as in still voice acted, but not pitched as frankensalad said.

Just speculation as always with Kafu, but it'd be nice if that were the case and I'd be more comfortable using a product that the voice provider herself is happy with.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I think it’s less a case of “She’s been improved” and more a case of “We’ve gotten used to her”, honestly. Listening through the demos, she doesn’t sounds significantly different. Different producers have just figured out how best to hone her voice I think. (Plus they tend to pitch her down, not just super significantly, but enough to make her sound less… euagh.) The recordings and the voice themselves sound the same as always, just with more skilled usages of her being released.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I listened through the earliest samples before making my post and I think she actually has improved ^^;; At least from the "Type A/B/C" video - though I'll admit I didn't really hear any significant difference in quality from the first sample of her we ever got that was posted in this thread compared to now, so... shrugs.

Eh, regardless if she's actually been improved or not, least now I know that she can be tuned in a way where her voice is more palatable. Still the weirdest development period ever though orz

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i still don't fancy her voice but i also just have a hard time listening to cevio's anyway, it's definitely my least fav vocal synth engine noise. i still havent heard a single demo of hers where i like her voice though. but thats okay, not every synth is for me. I just dont really think shes improved
Her voice has interesting characteristics and charm that I like, but overall, it just always sounds off.

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
I guess there's also the possibility that the reason she sounds less artificial (to me) in these newer demos may also have to do with how she's being tuned. Atari Mae No Program (the song I've been listening to the most of all her demos) in particular has some really great usage of breaths to make it sound like a very legit rock vocal performance.

Reactions: nachodorito and ---

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)