• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Kafu announced for CeVIO AI (Early 2021)

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
I'm sorry but that jump between Kaf speaking in that beautiful soulful voice and then the "IrANai iRaNAi"...sheesh ( not making fun of the producers work, I think their Kafu usage was one of the best ones ) I've became somewhat desensitized to her voice, I feel like many of us did after hearing it so many times, but this put things right back into perspective for me :ring_ani_lili: even tho I do recognize she's improved since december.

I also feel bad for Kaf that she had to endure so much stress for this too, makes the vb not worth it just for that alone.

Tangent aside...ty for the info 🙏
oh i feel it, i have quite liked the songs because i like the producers, so i was partially forgetting how much i just dont care for her voice. the speaking was like, good, and then the singing hit and i was like "oh right".

it seems like the whole process of this bank was a mess in combination of a team that probably wanted to make sure kaf wasnt exploited with a voice that could sound so much like her. a little more planning, and proper delay (like, they shouldnt have presented the voice, done a poll, and then decided to change things again" wouldve maybe resulted in a much better launch... the whole thing has just left me :/ in general and even lowering kafu's bank won't take away the issues there are with the quality.

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
She's being sold through... booth?? Odd choice, but... okay.

This is the tracklist for the album that comes with her, by the way. One of my favorite producers is actually in here but they didn't upload their song so... if all the ones that will be public are up by now, unless I feel like spending $200 on a single song I guess this is something I won't hear OTL

01.カンザキイオリ 朝日 feat.花譜
02.すりぃ めめしぃ
03.一二三 ホログラム
04.ポリスピカデリー 不埒な喝采
05.Chinozo ジェラシス
06.R Sound Design レトロポリス
07.煮ル果実 ナイトルール
08.Guiano アイスクリーム
09.雄之助 花となれ
10.syudou キュートなカノジョ
My theory is that they‘re doing this because of KAF being a VTuber. There‘s quite some VTuber related stuff being sold on Booth, so Kafu fits in rather well if they‘re targeting that audience rather than vocal synth fans only

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
My theory is that they‘re doing this because of KAF being a VTuber. There‘s quite some VTuber related stuff being sold on Booth, so Kafu fits in rather well if they‘re targeting that audience rather than vocal synth fans only
Booth is usually for fanmade merch or small shops - it's owned by Pixiv, so it's a hub for anything fandom-related if you're not able to attend a physical convention or something. That's why I was more confused to see Kafu officially being sold through there rather than her company starting up their own online store or something, haha.

It's not really bad or anything, I know the Kotonohas and Yuzuru have merch sold through their company's own booth page, but their actual software is still sold through more "official" (for lack of a better term) fronts. It just wasn't where I expected a company to be selling their software product orz

___

Oct 8, 2019
Premiere in few hours

and there are gazillion other songs that weren't included in the thread.

God, she hasn't even been released and I'm sick and tired of her already, call me petty but I guess there is such thing as too many demos, it's so damn annoying.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Premiere in few hours

and there are gazillion other songs that weren't included in the thread.

God, she hasn't even been released and I'm sick and tired of her already, call me petty but I guess there is such thing as too many demos, it's so damn annoying.
I don't think it'd be an issue if they all dropped at once like Rikka's did. With Kafu, it's like new demos drop sporadically, without warning, without much of a pattern, like her company's desperately trying to show us that "See?? See?? Ignore all the controversies and issues with her production and quality! You love Kafu! You're hyped for Kafu! Kafu is already part of your life!" and I've gotta say, it's almost unsettling.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
all the demos over such a long period keep making me think "wait is she out now?" because i can never tell when they are 'demos'. its been so long of all these demos releasing that its making me feel like shes released and ill likely forget her even more once she *is* released. like im getting worn out of a voice that isnt even available yet lol

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I actually quite like this demo! Kafu doesn't sound too obnoxious here, and she fits the song well. I think she will definitely be a VB who will be limited to certain genres, however. Her voice is still too unusual to be versatile.

Regarding the demo spam, I don't mind it myself, but I do keep forgetting that she isn't actually out yet lol. (Speaking of which, does Kafu have a release date yet?)

___

Oct 8, 2019
She was supposed to be released May 31st if I recall correctly, but she's apparently been delayed to July 7th if the machine translation is to be trusted.
Shed been done for ages my god, maybe its to fullfill their demo songs fetish /partrially s

I think there's a benefit to spreading out demos: too many at once and it's too overwhelming to listen to them all. I've definitely listened to more Kafu than I would have if they were all released on the same day. It probably gives producers a more flexible timeframe to finish their music as well, leading to better quality songs.
Maybe it's just me thing but I feel the exact opposite, drop more demos over shorter period of time and I'll listen to them because I'm curious and excited what she'll sound like. There isn't that sense of curiousity here, it's just annoying and I avoid them like plague.

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
My opinion on Kafu has done a complete 180 from since she was unveiled. I've fallen in love with her voice and how unique sounding it is. She might be becoming one of my favourite synth voices. Her demos have all been immaculate, R Sound Design's being my favourite (which I don't think has been posted here so let me plug it in real quick)

Also not sure what "controversy" is meant to be covered up here... she's been extremely well received everywhere (outside of like... this thread) and I honestly believe she has potential to reach flower levels of popularity. Her initial poll situation was weird but they did end up respecting Kaf's wishes with not making her an exact replica of her voice and I think she's a better sounding product right now than she was when they first unveiled her lol. Kamitsubaki is a group of VocaloPs and virtual artists who've been involved in the community for quite a while, similarly to Vocalomakets, and not just a random soulless label. There sort of seems to be a narrative going on here that Kaf is somehow being exploited into this and it's...... quite the big and serious assumption to be thrown around lightly

___

Oct 8, 2019
There sort of seems to be a narrative going on here that Kaf is somehow being exploited into this and it's...... quite the big and serious assumption to be thrown around lightly
Even if it is somewhat circumstantial, Kaf is a minor, she voted Type B over A due to A being way too close to her real voice, which is strange in on itself, person wanting to voice an AI voicebank but then feeling uncomfortable with it sounding too much like you, surely they should've told her the nature of AI synths. And it was in such short while before Kafu's ( initial ) release too, it really leaves the impression Kaf perhaps wasn't guided through the development process in a sensitive and professional way like you'd presume an underage voice provider would have been.

Guess we can't point fingers for sure but the unfortunate implications are there.

But it's not something I'm here to argue about, it's just a food for thought.

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
There sort of seems to be a narrative going on here that Kaf is somehow being exploited into this and it's...... quite the big and serious assumption to be thrown around lightly
I would like to add on that (at least here) it’s not being thrown around lightly. When it’s brought up, it’s brought up with respect, and, as Patuk said, as something to consider. Even if it’s not directly exploitive, Kaf clearly wasn’t given all of the information she needed about the nature of AI banks; if she were an adult it would be one thing, but since she’s a minor, that’s ground that needs to be tread cautiously. I personally don’t feel comfortable supporting this VB due to those implications, but no one is running through the streets preaching it as absolute truth. It’s just a matter of interpretation.

She definitely sounds better than when she was first unveiled! And if Kaf really is comfortable and happy with this project, then I wish her and it all the best. The whole thing has been so sloppy and badly managed that I’m just... I’m skeptical.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I have to admit I like the demos lately compared to when she first came out. She sounds much better/more understandable and actually quite expressive and emotive. If I didn't know KAFU and Kaf, I would assume this was a person singing.
I would also have too many demos than not enough, hate it when I'm trying to decide if I want to buy someone and only have like 2 songs at best to go off of.
Also, Kaf is known for doing Vocaloid covers and being part of the scene, so she probably has friend producers who are doing these demos.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
R Sound Design and 40MP’s usages are definitely my favorite, but she does still sound odd to my ears.
I'm starting to wonder if Kafu would have worked better as a standard CeVIO bank rather than as an AI bank. If people were allowed to edit her voice more extensively in standard mode, she might not sound so strange in some end results. (I'm not sure what parameters CeVIO has, but if Kafu were a Vocaloid bank, I could see people playing around with the gender factor to get her to sound not so much like a female Gachapoid).

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm starting to wonder if Kafu would have worked better as a standard CeVIO bank rather than as an AI bank. If people were allowed to edit her voice more extensively in standard mode, she might not sound so strange in some end results. (I'm not sure what parameters CeVIO has, but if Kafu were a Vocaloid bank, I could see people playing around with the gender factor to get her to sound not so much like a female Gachapoid).
It's a Cevio problem in general, it's very bare bones editor and had been before it's AI version, what you get is pretty much what you get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)