• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Kafu announced for CeVIO AI (Early 2021)

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I actually am charmed by this kind of synth voice- the muffled, soft, robotic kind- but her voice sounds a little weird and squeaky to me in too many parts for me to truly enjoy it. I like the idea of her voice, I like the potential it has. Also the breaths almost sound distracting lol, they're used way too much imo

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Except Rin. But even she had high-quality vocals afterward. And she was a two-voice combo, and a direct relative of Hatsune Miku.
To be honest, I think Rin got lucky because during the fandom explosion of the early V2 period, Western fans in particular weren't aware that Rin Act 1 had serious quality issues compared to Miku due to a lack of access to Japanese V2s, and Crypton fixed her later in Act 2. Nowadays, Western fans are way more aware of what a good vocal synth VB should sound like because more Westerners are actually using available software, so Kafu is being pasted right across the board on here for sounding dreadful. But considering the reaction from Kaf's fans over Kafu, I'm concerned they won't release updated versions of Kafu in order to fix the severe issues she has.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
New cover's out

At this point I’m mainly just hoping against hope there’ll be a trial so we can experiment with it without spending money. Or at the very least get to hear her in something that might suit this voice more than a Kaf cover first (though there are spots in this one that I don't think sound so bad... maybe I'm growing accustomed to it)

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
Not that I should rely on machine translators too much but skimming through the comments I've seen several "gee it sure is a good thing she doesn't sound like the real thing..." ( some less subtle than others ) it's little too obvious that's all they care about and seeing as it's these people who make up most of Kafu's audience it sure isn't looking bright for the vb.

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
I agree that Kafu sounds a bit better in some sections of the latest demo, but on the whole, it still sounds like the real Kaf putting on a cutesy voice with a cotton ball in her mouth. :/

Or maybe this genre is really unsuited for Kafu's voice. If a cutesy demo was released, it might sound better than what we're hearing so far.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Or maybe this genre is really unsuited for Kafu's voice. If a cutesy demo was released, it might sound better than what we're hearing so far.
Still kinda shows...lack of direction? "Oh no she's supposed to be different than Kaf let's have her cover Kaf's songs"...it flip flops between her...representing Kaf...but also not? If I'm at all making sense ( probably nah ), I do wish they'd at least fully embrace her differences ( since that's what they're aiming for now? ) and went to also cover different cutesy songs as you've said. having these serious lyrics sung by such voice is borderline comedic.

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
Still kinda shows...lack of direction? "Oh no she's supposed to be different than Kaf let's have her cover Kaf's songs"...it flip flops between her...representing Kaf...but also not? If I'm at all making sense ( probably nah ), I do wish they'd at least fully embrace her differences ( since that's what they're aiming for now? ) and went to also cover different cutesy songs as you've said. having these serious lyrics sung by such voice is borderline comedic.
I really don't understand how they're promoting Kafu right now. So far, they're still trying to gun for Kaf's established fandom, but aside from the wilfully blind, the fact that it doesn't really sound like the real Kaf at all is probably putting off some people. Meanwhile, non-fans and/or producers who may or may not be interested in CeVIO AI can't really get past her quality issues. This isn't a Gachapoid, Prima or Tonio-like problem where the VB is too niche to be used with most genres, it's a legitimately poor quality product.

I'm sorry for ranting about Kafu so much, but how the VB has turned out has really pissed me off. orz

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
At least it seems like they're actually trying a bit. Still really disappointed in her voice, but she sounds slightly better here. Really low quality in parts, and her voice is still far too... cutesy to be singing this kind of song for a demo, but it's progress. I just wish her Japanese fans would be a little bit more critical. Just a bit. They're enabling low-quality content by just heaping on praise for something that isn't entirely deserving of it.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
I don't even hate the concept of a cutesy KAFU, I'm more put off by the fact that it sounds like they had her record herself singing normally, and then they just pitched that up and now it sounds so unnatural. Maybe if they had her voice act the samples differently to begin with, she wouldn't sound so chipmunk-y and distorted post rendering. It sucks that Kaf's fanbase seems to be way more concerned over weirdly preserving the sanctity of her voice, rather than whatever they did to make her very own Cevio sound like this.

Last edited:

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
This song and tuning actually makes KAFU more tolerable than the official demo and teaser, the voice is lowered abit to almost sound more similar to KAF, ALMOST. It's still not the Type A bank but if they continue this trend on adjusting the Moe Type B bank to be lower pitched, it can give me hope on this.

Last edited:

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I can’t believe they finally released an original song yay! (I’m so sleep deprived I thought it was another Kaf cover because I can’t read and the video aesthetic reminded me of her somehow lmao)

I... I don’t know, maybe I’m just in denial but I still feel like I’m waiting for someone to find a niche for her to fill where I can genuinely say I’m perfectly happy with this voice. Maybe something like... Pokkan Color? Not as much of a Kikuo fan these days but now I do kind of want to hear Kafu sing kikuo songs

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
The video aesthetic does look more like KAF's OG music video, like the multiple landscape shots and changing the scenes every 10 or more seconds. They probably got inspirations from that.

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
Honestly, If she always sounded like she does in this song, I don't think people would be so sour to her. Whatever they did to tune her in this song, it's working.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
KAFU is starting to grow on me, I really like her timbre and accent, but she's still just a smidge too high for me. I bet she can still sound really nice with deeper base parameter edits, my only gripe is that the formant shifting of her entire voicebank sounds like it caused a slight general degradation in quality for the final package.

might consider buying her for her uniqueness alone tho

___

Oct 8, 2019
so i guess this hasnt been shared yet lol?

and for the sake of it, here was my 3 semitone pitch down, just to remember what couldve been PITCHホログラム 一二三 feat.可不

i already spoke some thoughts on my status so i dont have much to add
Continuing with the conversation we started here.

After listening to the pitched down version the voice does the song much more justice and it's nice pitching her down works better now which brings another point.....she's definitely improved and it's sad they shot themselves in the foot by pitching her up and cauzing such havoc over it and posting LQ versions of her pitched up vb, they did it for nothing as pitching her down works well enough but people who might have considered buying her for that initially now have sour taste in their mouths from the whole situation and are not interested anymore. And I honestly don't blame them.

The type A, B, C thing killed her imo. Horrible marketing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)