• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Kafu announced for CeVIO AI (Early 2021)

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Ai voice banks do inherit the pitch of their voice provider. It could be a yoko vs kiritan in which I found yoko to stay on pitch better than kiritan probably because yoko is a classical trained singer. Pitch is also a weird quality too like certain singing styles require it to be slightly off pitch. I think this could be what is causing kafu to sound off pitch on top of the weird editing what they did to it.

This has also got me thinking will Yukari cevio be Chihiro or Yukari Muse m?

Last edited:

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I am going to be honest, any excitement I had for Kafu is gone. I like high-pitched VBs, so I thought perhaps I would still like the final result even if it was not the Type I wanted, but Kafu sounds like a high-pitched VB with poor tuning and that same "is she singing with something in her mouth" sound that Flower has. I am quite impressed with one thing however, and it gives me a bit of hope. I cannot hear any of CeVIO's engine noise. In the previous demo, you could still hear the engine noise, just not as much as you can in the original version of CeVIO, yet hear I cannot hear any engine noise. I do not know if that is good mixing or the voice being too high-pitched that the engine noise blends in however, but I hope that this means they have finally fixed the engine noise.

I really hope the other voices will sound better. I may not be as excited as CeVIO AI as I once was, but this is looking bad for it if this is the sound it will produce.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I cannot hear any of CeVIO's engine noise. In the previous demo, you could still hear the engine noise, just not as much as you can in the original version of CeVIO, yet hear I cannot hear any engine noise.
Hmm, I definitely heard that engine noise, personally... it wasn’t overblown, so I agree it was well-mixed, but I think it was there.

I kinda find the CeVIO noise charming, in its own way, but you’d think it wouldn’t be present in AI...

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Hmm, I definitely heard that engine noise, personally... it wasn’t overblown, so I agree it was well-mixed, but I think it was there.

I kinda find the CeVIO noise charming, in its own way, but you’d think it wouldn’t be present in AI...
You are most likely right. I was listening without headphones, so I may have missed the engine noise thanks to the mixing.

AI engines can have a bit of engine noise, but it is usually very subtle and hard to hear in my experience. If it is that easy to hear it on CeVIO AI, then that is concerning.

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I feel bad for Cevio on this, they made a program that's intended to sound realistic and be similar to the real thing. But the VP and some fans don't want it to sound like the real thing. It's a huge step down to the demo we heard, 2 years ago.

All that progress, studies and research thesis done by a University. Research from professionals are not easy and cheap.

All that effort thrown down the drain.

My only hope now is that IA, Yukari and all the upcoming Cevio Voice providers won't pull a KAF on us and ask they make the VB unrecognizable from their own after the teaser is released.

They should be aware of what they are getting into so they can make decision before it is announced to the public.

Last edited:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Pitched down Kafu just for comparison with the previous vers

sorry if it isn't as good as some of the previous edits ujh78r

1.) The icon for that upload is gold. :ROFL:

2.) I know you admit that this pitched down Kafu is low quality, but you can still tell the devs edited the voice for the final versions. The previous versions of pitched down Kafu didn't have that much engine noise, or that muffled sound.

Reactions: Stardust and ___

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
it is dissapointing how this has ended up. obviously theres a loooot of japanese kafu fans who like this a lot, but i wonder how strong itll hold once she is released fully. fan talk is one thing, but actual support from buyers? im curious how itll pan out.

its a shame because i definitely dont mind moe/cute voices- as much as i would have wanted the lower/normal Kaf sound. its mostly that they kinda just butchered what they had. editting an already set in stone recording so she isnt recognizable is just not a good way to go when it comes to the quality of the voice. it sounds so weird and i wouldve probably leaned on liking her if she was rerecorded to properly be acted out vocally as a cute/moe type.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I really don't have anything nice to say about this song. It sounds muffled, you can barely understand what she's saying without reading the subtitles. The comment on the video reminds people they are delaying her to improve her, which I hope they stinking do, because it sounds bad. The comments by fans on YouTube and Twitter are still praising her for sounding cute/young/unique from Kaf, they got goosebumps listening to it, take their time with development. Bleck. Some comments are still impressed by the realistic breaths, but it seems like *inserts realistic breath in a chipmunk song that I can't take seriously no matter how hard they try to convince me with cryptic looking sad atmospheric artwork*

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
yeah, wow, this really just doesnt sound good. at this point its even less about her being 'chipmunk-y' and just how muffled and slurry her words are.... even the breaths, my god, many of those did not sound good at all. the quality is just bad, i could never imagine wanting to buy this voice at this point even if i could pitch her down to make her sound more like Type B. it obviously had flaws before they went this route, but i think theyre even more obvious when pushing the bank to a range/style it wasn't built for normally.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
At this point I just laugh. It's tragic honestly, but the worst part is now we know Kaf's fans will show up for this, so it's hopeless to even complain about it much because the market that matters most to the company likes it. All we can hope for is that they're genuinely taking this time to rework the voice and present something in-between A and B that doesn't sound so unnatural when she really does release. These current demos sound awful and would not fly for any other character... I think even Miku would be torn down if she sounded like this.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
At this point I just laugh. It's tragic honestly, but the worst part is now we know Kaf's fans will show up for this, so it's hopeless to even complain about it much because the market that matters most to the company likes it. All we can hope for is that they're genuinely taking this time to rework the voice and present something in-between A and B that doesn't sound so unnatural when she really does release. These current demos sound awful and would not fly for any other character... I think even Miku would be torn down if she sounded like this.
This is what's winding me up the most now about Kafu - Kaf's established fans are acting willfully blind about her quality issues. When Crypton dropped the beta version of Miku NT, we know a lot of Miku fans kicked a stink about the then-current quality of NT, which Crypton are still trying to fix with updates. With Kafu, the fans are just pretending nothing's wrong. (In fact, it reminds me of that one meme with the dog in a burning house saying "This is fine".)

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I'm really trying to get used to KAFU'S type B. Yukari's Cevio bank is starting to grow on me but I just cannot listen to the new KAFU demo without asking myself if KAFU is part of the witness protection program and gone through a Nightcore filter in attempt to be more "Moe".
But instead of being cute it ends up grating and unintelligible to my ears.
The breaths is nice but that much editing and that high level of pitch makes it too much already.
The KAF fanbase clearly have a very different opinion on this, and I won't argue on them. But KAMITSUBAKU & Cevio really have to have to spend more money on damage control and improvements while keeping the KAF fans happy. Public perception is a huge deal in Japan and can end up in death threats of some fans are not happy.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Kaf has such a nice and unique accent, and that really shows through in KAFU, and the design is something I really like, but the formant pitching of her voicebank makes her voice a little distorted in an unpleasant way. I don't mind it if she's higher than her vp, but this is just a little too high. I think the term "chipmunky" is used to describe a lot of high pitched vocaloids unfairly, because rin and miku are voice acted to be really high already. KAFU is kind of deserving of it though.. I hope they revise her voicebank to be a little lower than this at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)