• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV New Voicebank "Rosa" announced for SynthV and CeVio or AiVoice!

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019

ヒロトP announced on Twitter that a company called ZAN-SHIN Co., Ltd.announced a new Ai-based vocal synth engine.
The engine is going to be capable of both singing and talking synthesis, and their lauch voicebank will be a girl called Rosa!
She's 15 years old with pink being her main color. So far, no voice provider has been selected. What's interesting is that she is going to be CUL's younger sister.

This makes me wonder if Internet Co. is involved somehow. After all, they're the makers and publishers of CUL.
I also can't find any information on ZAN-SHIN. I've found a Dojo in Tokyo and a consulting firm that go by that name, but I assume neither of these would make a vocal synth.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Cul has existed before her involvment with Internet and they dont own her so I wouldnt count on that but it'd be cool to see!

It's been done before but it's still ambitious and I remain skeptical of projects announced this early in development, it's usually a telltale sign that things won't be going smoothly haha. But I'm happy to see more Cul related stuff 🥺

And can we pretend she's Cul's long lost sister? Dfjgg

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
It's not really clear but I don't think they're necessarily implying that they're developing a new synth engine to go along with ROSA, they're only referring her as new software which could also refer to her being a new VB to any of the currently existing synths. I think??? Gotta wait and see on that though.

Still it's great to see new CUL related content! Would love to see her updated on wherever they're taking ROSA's banks on too.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
ZAN-SHIN is a very new company, they were established earlier this month. There's some information about them in this Vocasphere post I conveniently read the other day and thus this news isn't shocking to me (it mentioned they wanted to venture into vocal synths, haha)

For further clarification, Hiroto-P is the creator of CUL.

There's also this tweet that was made yesterday as well:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
It's not really clear but I don't think they're necessarily implying that they're developing a new synth engine to go along with ROSA, they're only referring her as new software which could also refer to her being a new VB to any of the currently existing synths. I think???
Japanese version of tweet says
新しいAI歌声&AI音声合成(トーク)ソフトを製作いたします
will produce a new ai singing synthesis & ai speech synthesis (talk) software
They don't call voice banks software, they usually call them databases (DB) or ボイスライブラリー (voice library) in Japanese.
They also say they will select the voice actor through audition, so she hasn't been selected yet (sounds a big vague in the ENG version).

By the way, the Japanese reading of ROSA is ロサ ro-sa (not roza or something like that).
JP tweet also clarifies she is CUL's youngest sister (末妹).

On the VOCALO Revolution page of the VOCALOID Wiki, there is a black haired version of CUL, I wonder if that's supposed to be her twin?
CUL.png

Weirdly, the JP tweet says that CUL has the character for 花/flower on her back. (I checked both of her 3D models and it wasn't on there, so it must mean it's on her skin?

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Okay, I did some more searching and apparently Kuro CUL has an official 3D model, which you can look at here:
It also says that her voice was VY1's in the past.

Her JP name is hard to pronounce... Kuro KARU.

I found out that 濡鴉 is pronounced Nure-garasu (wet + karasu/crow) but apparently means "black haired".
It even has its own Wikipedia page!
It is a word that describes the color of a woman's wet hair. "Wet crow" is the COLOR's name. Specifically, it is black with a hint of blue.
Other forms include 烏羽色/Karasu-ba-iro (color of crow's wings) and 濡羽色/Nure-ba-iro (color of wet wings). They refer to jet black, basically.

These are her official MMD videos by Hiroto-P:

I found a blog entry by Gobou-P that talks about CUL's past.
He talks about the 4 sisters but says "Wouldn't Kuro CUL be the 5th sister?"
風雪月花 (wind, snow, moon, flower) is pronounced "fuu ka setsu getsu" and is actually Chinese. The Japanese version is 花鳥風月 "ka chou fuu getsu" (flower, bird, wind, moon) according to Wikipedia. It refers to the beauty of nature.

Found this tweet that said that CUL was initially to be the youngest sister of the 4 season girls.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm glad Rosa will be on an established engine (mainly because I think the vocal synth market is starting to get overcrowded). I'm hoping Rosa's singing bank will be on SynthV, but it does make more sense to have both the song and talk banks on CeVIO, since it supports both. (SynthV still only supports singing, while A.I.Voice only supports talking right now.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)