• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV New Voicebank "Rosa" announced for SynthV and CeVio or AiVoice!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
After getting more details, my impression is that their focus is on TTS, with singing as a secondary 'if'.
theyve mentioned from the start that singing and talk is what they were gonna do (like, the first tweet posted on the first post of this thread), cant say i ever had a feel on either being more of a less a focus though (but personally ive witness a more western fandom talk surrounding singing probably because of people's interest with cul existing already). i think they intend to do both but starting with talk seems easier to get done and easier to show fans.

starting with talk makes sense in terms of production workflow. but i do wonder where Shirayuki stands in terms of singing expirience if she will record a singing bank as its still been mentioned throughout

Reactions: nachodorito

___

Oct 8, 2019
I agree but also this wouldn't be the 1st time we don't have proper examples of the va singing, iirc Kiyo comes to my mind 1st, examples of his voice provider singing are scarce and hard to find, and Big Al too if I'm not mistaken, we only have examples of his va talking, both ended up a good vocaloids.

Considering Cul's voice provider is a talented and skilled va I'd like to have more faith in Rosa not being a total downgrade.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
I agree but also this wouldn't be the 1st time we don't have proper examples of the va singing, iirc Kiyo comes to my mind 1st, examples of his voice provider singing are scarce and hard to find, and Big Al too if I'm not mistaken, we only have examples of his va talking, both ended up a good vocaloids.

Considering Cul's voice provider is a talented and skilled va I'd like to have more faith in Rosa not being a total downgrade.
oh totally, i havent seen a lotta singing samples for various vas no doubt, though to have the final choices for rosa public and out of all of them, this person didnt have any known singing samples online, definitely just had me curious what their experience is. from a viewing perspective of seeing other choices' samples and the chosen one is one we dont know, definitely leaves it kinda up in the air as to what the results might be! which isnt bad exactly. just leaves me wondering how itll turn out.

scott

it's free real estate
Apr 12, 2018
Forgive me, I didn't look into the rules since I'm not a Japanese speakers. Did they have to send in singing samples? If so, I'm sure she must have a decent singing voice, and that it'll turn out alright :>
the original blog post asks for a video of the applicant singing the chorus of their favorite song a capella. they also said they would upload the videos to the zan-shin channel, but seemingly decided not to out of consideration of "the difference in various recording conditions of the applicants." so they've heard her sing, it's just not public

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Hiroto-P is going to be a guest on Tsuina-chan Space (Twitter has a live voice function called Space) to talk about ROSA as a character, crowdfunding, TTS. It's happening on May 23rd at 9 PM.

Reactions: ___ and nachodorito

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Not sure if it directly relates to ROSA, but I just checked the VocaloWiki status page and saw this... Is this true? Bc I have not heard anything about it View attachment 4776
It is, there's been some posts in the General Discussion thread about Rev. Though I think we probably have enough info and news about him to give him his own thread now, if anybody wants to do that...?

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
I would also love to see a thread dedicated to REV. Now that he's starting to get voicebanks of his own, he's more than just a tangentially-Vocal-synth-related character and definitely deserves his own news/discussion thread.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
It's not mentioned in the status section but Hiroto-P did say that if they do a commercial bank for Rev his voice provider may change. I'm not sure if that in itself has changed since the VB has been made but that's what was said before.

So ROSA's goal will be 7 million... I was going to say it sounds like a goal for Song + Talk but I remembered that Talk usually has multiple emotions, hence the higher goal. I guess if she does Rikka levels of well they'd fund a Song bank.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I do wish there were cheaper tiers for us to support, but I’m glad he heard us and is making overseas support possible, at least! He’s more or less doing this himself, isn’t he? So I imagine tons of smaller overseas donations would be difficult to manage. I wish him and Rosa all the best, and should he introduce a $100 or $200 tier, I’m gonna jump onboard.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I do wish these vocal synth crowd funding companies would make it possible to buy the product at cost or on a small discount like an early adopter. I do get that they need to raise money but 300 is too much for a product that will be released for half of it. I see this with the Solaris crowd funding project with the price being higher than release price. I don't the fomo of got to buy it now. I do want to support but it's hard to pay up the money when it's at a lost

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)