• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV SAROS for Synthesizer V from Eclipsed Sounds

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Ohhh Tomo... LOL. For some reason from the pictures and captions from his visit to NAMM, I get the vibe of the AHS vsynth uncle proudly sharing the progress of the overseas cousins šŸ¤£ It's gotta just be the framing of the photos and the Eclipse Sounds folks' smiles.

The new design is a little less... focused, I'd say? From SOLARIA and ASTERIAN's illustrations, but I looove the 70's boots+pants combo.

As long as we're on the subject, it looks like he brought the AHS product samples to display. You can see Teto SV's physical.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
love seeing the design! was literally just brainstorming what they may look like right before it was posted. i do like the color choice of white and very starry vibe- it does feel like a sort of in between from solaria (red) to asterian (blue). the disco vibe was not expected, but im enjoying it! i think its hard to step away from modern fashion preferences with my first reaction not being a personal fan of disco attired lol, bc it does look pretty and makes a character.

it makes me curious to what theyll sound like. theres something about them that just gives me very energetic vibes compared to solaria and asterian in terms of general design intention.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I have been bouncing around my house for like an hour at least I'm so excited!! :kanon_lili:

Eclipsed Sounds retweeted Tomo's tweet so I guess they don't mind the leak :teto_lili:

Reactions: Leon

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
To be fair, Tomo took direct pictures of the booth and staff - if they weren't happy with it, I'm sure they would've said something to dissuade him from posting it on twitter lol. Eclipsed Sounds probably knew he'd do it too, he's kind of too prolific to just happen to have shown up there, and I figure they blurred their original tweet to avoid spoiling the surprise for anyone who actually was attending themselves. I'm sure it was all planned in advance.

That being said, their design is interesting! I'm looking forward to hearing more of them.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Celest from the unofficial SynthV Discord server:
saros is definitely a tenor, i prooobably shouldn't say more but in my opinion they have a mix of feminine and masculine aspects to their voice, but the range makes them more on the masc side

She also said she would "leak" Saros samples today. This is a jokey statement obviously, but fingers crossed that we do hear something soon!

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
I at first thought Saros sounds like Ninezero
But my sister says he sounds like Phil Collins and I can't unhear it
I don't hear much Phil in them, but it's surely a compliment because Phil rocks and it's always time to worship Phil in any form šŸ„°

However, based on the few notes heard in the snippet they remind me quite of LĆ©on, and since he's one of my top fave vocaloids ever, it's also much a great compliment

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I don't hear much Phil in them, but it's surely a compliment because Phil rocks and it's always time to worship Phil in any form šŸ„°

However, based on the few notes heard in the snippet they remind me quite of LĆ©on, and since he's one of my top fave vocaloids ever, it's also much a great compliment
I agree, actually! Now that I've listened a few more times, I hear less Nines and hear more Leon/Cyman. Which I love! All great voices of course, but Leon is my favorite Vocaloid still (yes I'm stubborn) so I can't wait to hear more of them.

Also I think it's very iconic that Eclipsed chose an androgynous-but-leaning-masc voice and an androgynous-but-leaning-femme avatar. Love this for them.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
i was going to say too in regards to design vs voice. one of my pet peeves with lots of "gender neutral" designs is like. they often just lean on being "boyish". like young boys. femme leaning or young body type with short hair type (and lets be real, often white). voice type as well is usually more femme or young and boyish too.
its not to say its a bad look or sound to have sometimes, but its a common take. i appreciate the take on the more masc voice with a femme design like this.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal

Posting from my phone, hopefully this looks right lol.

A little snippet of what they're sounding like!! Obviously not the best to hear lol. But they sound good from this. Making me even more hype for the variety in their voice.

They sound a bit more feminine on those higher parts but still like the first sample we heard. Hard to tell exactly but I'm definitely liking the sound. They're kind of giving me the feel for a voice that may be really good for hip hop and jazz.

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
nice video, my only qualm is that I'm not sure whether soprano is the best descriptor for Solaria, but that's just a nitpick
Same here. She's like, a SOLID mezzo-soprano, maybe even a higher alto if we're being generous, but that girl is NOT a soprano. (Full disclosure, I acknowledge my bias against Solaria and would like to confirm that I am not speaking from that bias, I'm speaking as someone who was raised in a family of singers. Her range is perfectly fine! Just... not soprano.) šŸ˜… I'm eager to hear more from them!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)