• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

PearlStarLight5

Miss Retrocore, at your service!
Honestly, Asterian's announcement was such a game-changer for me because now that I know that SynthV can do better, I've lost all interest in the letter series. Like, you mean to tell me it's actually still possible to get SynthVs with unique voices and cool character designs?? Yeah, would rather wait to see more of those than just settle for the letters, unless they can spit out another one that impresses me as much as Kevin.
And speaking of Kevin, I recall people all over the vocal synth internet saying that they didn't want him to be a letter like Saki, but once he turned out to be a letter we were all so desperate we just took it. Was anyone actually happy with the letter, or was it that deep down, the whole fandom was just settling?
Of course, the voice is a different story because for instance, I didn't buy him out of desperation for new male voices, but because I actually like the voice and to this day, he's still one of my favorite SynthVs. Getting that out of the way because by "settling", I'm talking strictly about design.

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
The letters are very boring, and there's so many they're just becoming too much; there's only so many colors and the initial schemes are running out as well. Additionally, they look...like they were thrown together in clip studio as fast as possible with the terrible cropping. I really would like if they followed VY1/2 and added some type of symbolic object to the voice.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
the design problems definitely started when the way they were formatted become inconsistent- different crops, amount of letters, etc-- even tho Yamaha limited their takes on voices like VY1 and VY2, their boxes/designs leaned on more than just some letters and colors. i admittedly have a vehement hatred of minimalist design, and i think they can work but not after you do it like 20 more times lol. synth V did already come in with their minimalist, clean grey/white/green color scheme so i can understand wanting to fit it to some degree. giving us a hand full of these banks and im sure no one would complain-- but after so many yeah. im kinda surprised Dreamtonics hasnt perhaps, reached out to third parties more. a lot of them have been crowdfunded as well and have all given me the assumption that other third parties are reaching out to dreamtonics instead? idk- at this point theyd benefit from a third party making more voices no matter what, due to the utter over saturation of their own releases, even disregarding how they sound.

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
An extension to the warnings regarding Anicute:
They haven't been fulfilling orders, and both their business emails are no longer working. According to a customer, Dreamtonics has also confirmed that they are currently unable to contact Anicute, and cannot help customers awaiting orders.

Source 1
Source 2

*edit* Their website domain has also expired, be wary clicking links.

Last edited:

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
They haven't been fulfilling orders, and both their business emails are no longer working. According to a customer, Dreamtonics has also confirmed that they are currently unable to contact Anicute, and cannot help customers awaiting orders.

Source 1
Source 2

6 voicebanks became at a risk of discontinuation in less than a week. So sad

btw, renri tweeted this

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma

btw, renri tweeted this
I know she’s saying her VBs are free to use, but the general translation makes it sound like she’s celebrating the liberation of her digital soul from some kind of purgatory, and the thought of a VB account tweeting such a thing out of thin air is hilarious to me.

PearlStarLight5

Miss Retrocore, at your service!
I assume this is about Eleanor, Aiko, Renri, and Genbu, but who are the other 2?
Also on the bright side, Genbu is also handled by AH-Software, so he's fine. The other 3 though, yeah unfortunately Anicute is the only way to get them.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
I assume this is about Eleanor, Aiko, Renri, and Genbu, but who are the other 2?
Also on the bright side, Genbu is also handled by AH-Software, so he's fine. The other 3 though, yeah unfortunately Anicute is the only way to get them.
Ellie ai, renri r2, aiko r2, fee cevio, fee voidol and u-ray voidol

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

Source 1
Source 2

Wow, that sucks. It's hard to imagine that Ellie, at least, could go off the market--she was basically the major thing that launched Synth V originally (at least in her original form).

Now that I think of it, I thought based on the SV 1.8 beta page that she was one of the VBs who is supposedly going to get the same higher-quality treatment that Mai got:

Voice updates for 1.8.0b1

As Synthesizer V Studio 1.8.0b1 is still in beta, users are invited to manually download and install the voices in order to enjoy the DPM feature.

Which voices are going to be updated

DreamtonicsAn Xiao, Feng Yi, Kevin, Mo Chen, Natalie, Ryo AI, Saki AI, Qing Su, Weina, Yuma
AHSKoharu Rikka AI, Natsuki Karin AI, Hanakuma Chifuyu AI, Tsurumaki Maki AI (JPN), Tsurumaki Maki AI (ENG), Kyomachi Seika AI, Tsuina-Chan AI
AUDIOLOGIEANRI
Eclipsed SoundsSOLARIA
QuadimensionMEDIUM5 Stardust
AnimenEleanor Forte AI
(Given the box fiasco, that's not a great guarantee, but maybe there's some hope for her, between that and her being SV's main mascot and all.)

Last edited:

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, I'm hoping Dreamtonics can maybe take Eleanor back to be their's and maybe the others... Or AHS or Audiologie

This is really bizarre though, even with Anicute/Volor's recent track record

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Eleanor Forte would also presumably become "EF," which, read phonetically ("Efff..."), wouldn't make for the best perception...although if you were having issues at the time, it would be appropriate....

In all seriousness, the continued use of Ellie's image probably is most dependent upon who owns that image and if its ownership can be transferred to whomever potentially would come to own Ellie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)