• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
I mean, this isn't even remotely surprising if I'm being honest, when HDVM first dropped they initially just were like "yeah it's supposed to do that don't worry" and it took a serious community backlash and the other third party devs basically smacking DT management on the head to try and fix it.

Still kinda shame tho, the software is neat.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Does anyone have nine zero's social media links? I can't seem to find much. I would enjoy to compare his singing to the synth and to see if the things people are saying about him are true and to what degree they are.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Does anyone have nine zero's social media links? I can't seem to find much. I would enjoy to compare his singing to the synth and to see if the things people are saying about him are true and to what degree they are.
Was gonna make a status on this but I guess it's better off mentioning in the actual thread, but apparently NineZero (the VP) is an antivaxxer and cryptobro. Saw mentions of it on twitter but it was hard finding a source since nobody... actually posted any, so I had to do some digging myself.

The answer is in his likes: went through them about a year back, so here are some examples for anyone else who wanted to see proof like I did (unrelated but why does he like every single tweet he ever posts himself. Mad annoying):
1675449014397.png
1675448955232.png
1675448986328.png
With the vocal sharing its name with its voice provider, usage would be spreading that name around and giving more attention to someone like this. I think it'd be good to be informed before making a decision.
Rylitah shared proof!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com

oh this is nice. we actually have a way to edit the vocal styles in a parameter window!! legit the number one thing i wanted since vocal modes...

it will release as a beta, more info here. also states about a new improved vocoder for males banks.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Yooooo I've been dying for this! I wonder if you're gonna be able to choose which vocal modes you wanna switch between, or if it's a preset thing based on which vocal mode you choose.
the beta is out, and as i have used it- you can switch between every vocal mode available. they each have their own windows. there is no locked "blending" between certain ones like Vocaloid's XSY! just one parameter for each other meaning you have no limitations on which one is used-- not unlike how you can already use the sliders all at the same time.

additionally the sliders in the panels affect the actual line in the parameter window so, they dont become out of sync or anything. very well implemented imo, i havent had any issues.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
the beta is out, and as i have used it- you can switch between every vocal mode available. they each have their own windows. there is no locked "blending" between certain ones like Vocaloid's XSY! just one parameter for each other meaning you have no limitations on which one is used-- not unlike how you can already use the sliders all at the same time.

additionally the sliders in the panels affect the actual line in the parameter window so, they dont become out of sync or anything. very well implemented imo, i havent had any issues.
Good to hear! SVS features tend to be implemented in really cluttered ways (it’s been three years and I STILL get mixed up by all the tabs and menus), so it’s good to hear this has cleaner implementation. I hope the results it offers are smoother and more predictable than XSY too. XSY was cool, but ultimately very hit-or-miss. I plan on downloading and playing with the beta myself tonight!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Good to hear! SVS features tend to be implemented in really cluttered ways (it’s been three years and I STILL get mixed up by all the tabs and menus), so it’s good to hear this has cleaner implementation. I hope the results it offers are smoother and more predictable than XSY too. XSY was cool, but ultimately very hit-or-miss. I plan on downloading and playing with the beta myself tonight!
yes overall this update is pretty good for a "beta" and considering the previous version issues- (ive kinda theorized they have been cleaning up their betas way more than what would be typical since the Incident thus allowing seemingly quick releases, but who knows) its why i was pleased with how clean it all felt haha. should be said, it seems if the voice hasnt updated for the beta, this feature doesnt work (or this may be a bug)... which i guess makes sense thought i kind of assumed it wouldnt be bank dependant but, i dont know how this works on a technical level.

theres some other aesthetic changes that really improve the feel too. The parameters you have changed are highlighted green in the drop downs, and the sliders on the singer windows move up and down to match... pretty nice! i decided id upload a little video featuring the parameters (and vocal mode use) and stuff since i havent seen many bring it up yet:

(iirc i think one of the ninezero demos shows the aesthetic changes too before the beta was released)

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I saw that people talked about the Ninezero antivax crypto bro allegations without also mentioning the followup deep dive thread someone else did, so I thought I would post this as well. You can draw your own conclusions and do as you please, but I personally am not convinced this guy (who got vaccinated) is antivax, don't really care if he's interested in crypto since he seems self aware about it, and still intend to purchase the VB when I get the chance :)

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
was very curious to hear the cross language since his voice and tone is such a... english associated sound to me lol. also the thoughts on the deep dive are understandable, it was hard for me to be hugely swayed towards dont use him or use him- really just comes down to personal opinion and whether or not you want to associate your music with the name in the end (really i just wish they didnt use his exact name anyways cus it always complicates things). things can be grey, and not black and white so.

Last edited:

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
The Dreamtonics demos were awful once again lmao. While I still don't quite vibe with the tone of 9Z, I'm very impressed with the power and grit. Now I am sure that my favorite voicetype IS recreatable in all of it's nuances and. that. makes. me. so. EXCITED!! Now we just need a company to do it lol

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I still think 9Z needs something like a Soft or Whisper vocal mode, because his base voice sounds like he's constantly shouting all the time. On the other hand, the loudness of his voice is a godsend for louder genres - for a long time, I think hard rock and metal producers have struggled to use the softer voicebanks available on SynthV and elsewhere for their songs, because they get drowned out by the instrumental. 9Z (and Jun) are steps in the right direction for loud genre compatible voices.

If it wasn't for his grit, I'd have said 9Z would probably fit in well with louder electronic genres too. Maybe he could pull off dubstep or even some of the industrial subgenres? Industrial metal 9Z? :love:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)