• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
SynthV miki and Kiyoteru real
Credits to @Mei-Saime for discovering this first

EHHHH

miki vb that doesn't go off-key? i would be down for that

(then part of me also wants her to have a standard vb so she still has a vb that sounds like a robot. i kinda miss synthv standard, it was so clear)

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
According to translations of the stream, AHS is also considering bringing Kaai Yuki to SynthV using her old recordings, but this requires liaising with Yamaha and hasn't been finalised.

I trust Kiyoteru will be a pretty straightforward upgrade, but I'm curious as to how Miki's robotic tone will be handled. Something like Teto to SynthV Teto would be a nice balance (a clear upgrade but still retaining her tone and some artificiality). I really hope she gets a new design!

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I'm so exciteedddd omg after a few pretty quiet years, 2023 is like a vsynth renaissance

I think they'll both do great! I don't actually recall Miki having a robotic voice, at least no more so than any other Vocaloid of her era, so I think they'll both be fine :)

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I WON

edit to actually have some substance to this post lmao: It's been yeeeeeeeeears since I last posted anything about a potential Synth V Kiyoteru but it all led up to this moment. truly a momentous time. now to speedrun to next year

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
The way my first thought upon hearing of a Kiyoteru update was to you and Taro, I'm so happy for the Kiyoteru stans everywhere

Re Miki: That's interesting that not everyone remembers her as being robotic, for me she's always been one of the quintessential crunchy synths, even more so than Miku. The weird pitch behaviours, the choppiness, the background noise were all definitely unintended results of AHS' then inexperience; but I think these quirks ultimately became part of what I think of when I think Miki. Normally I prefer realism, but Miki's jank feels iconic to me at this point. I'd love a voicebank that retained that texture whilst losing the glitches that made her hard to use.

but most importantly.

bring back her stripey socks

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Miki has always been marketed as
""SF-A2 Development Code miki" is a VOCALOID created by faithfully reproducing the real voice of artist "Furukawa Miki"."
So it's likely Miki synth V is going to sound way closer to Furukawa's voice than her vocaloid. If you look at Sora she also sounds closer to her voice provider than vocaloid. I realize people might not be as familiar with Furukawa's voice so here's some songs that I think could be potentially vocal modes.

Soft / mellow

Power/ vivid

Dark / adult

Cute

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
""SF-A2 Development Code miki" is a VOCALOID created by faithfully reproducing the real voice of artist "Furukawa Miki"."
So it's likely Miki synth V is going to sound way closer to Furukawa's voice than her vocaloid. If you look at Sora she also sounds closer to her voice provider than vocaloid. I realize people might not be as familiar with Furukawa's voice so here's some songs that I think could be potentially vocal modes.

Soft / mellow

Power/ vivid

Dark / adult

Cute
i love that miki is sampled from an indie/shoegaze type singer, i love that sort of music

poser

sekai liker
Mar 27, 2020
www.youtube.com

Soft / mellow

Power/ vivid

Dark / adult

Cute
oh my goodness i lowkey never looked into miki's VP, and WOW her voice really DOES sound so unique and close to the vocaloid! its actually quite surprising. i cannot wait for how the SV will sound

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
1.11.0b2 is out for manual download!

From Dreamtonics:
This beta update improves on the previous 1.11.0b1 version, which introduced deep ARA integration & Voice-to-MIDI conversion. This update also expands full ARA support to Cakewalk & ABILITY 5. The Voice-to-MIDI conversion model has also been upgraded for greater speed & accuracy.

Version 1.11.0b2 improves stability for both ARA & non-ARA plugins, fixing issues related to playback synchronization, bouncing & device/host compatibility.

Besides improvements to Synthesizer V Studio, we've also released voice updates featuring more native pronunciation for Spanish cross-lingual synthesis, in addition to expanding Spanish support to more voice databases.

zephyrloid

otomachi una enjoyer
Jan 6, 2024
I didn't know about the demo songs update!! That's so cool. Super nice to have everything side-by-side. Anybody else notice how similar some of the Dreamtonics banks sound, lol? I thought Kevin and Hayden were the same for a second.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
people have certainly brought it up before. though id never find hayden and kevin sounding that similar tbh-- but they have so many voices at this point... no surprise theyre starting to sound more similar (and they dont tend to push for wilder sounding voices. i guess trying to stay in line with what they expect the professional industry to want)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)