• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
This “World is mine” remix kinda lit tho.
Jokes aside, it’s not a bad song by any means, I just hope it won’t be the “main” song when there are much more iconic Miku songs in both Japanese and English.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
It's not a bad song by any means. Has quite a chill vibe to it. Airy, in a way. I'm only concerned that Miku isn't as "present" as I'd like, and hardly seems like the focus of the song. I hope they play at least one song where her voice is strong and not super high, and one with understandable English would be the cherry on top.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I didn't mind the Coachella song, but it's true that the genre is very much a "safe" choice for the Coachella crowd. I also wished Miku's voice had more power to it in the track, because she sounds quite soft and unintelligible in places (but I do know Miku English has always had that problem).

I think fans are complaining because it's not a true "Vocaloid-style" song in the sense that it appeals to the fandom niche.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Err... you guys do know that song will most likely not be performed at coachella?

The coachella playlist compiles the artists who'll be performing, and whoever made the playlist has chosen that song, probably because it was a farlry recent song, they're unfamiliar with Miku and it's in English (quite a few americans seem to be allergic to foreign languages).
I believe the playlist was originally sourced from Spotify where the song is listed with Hatsune Miku as the artist name and there's far less songs to choose from than on youtube.

I'm 99.99% sure it won't be performed. If it was part of Miku's setlist I think it would've been confirmed by CFM's social media. And the whole Youtube Channel that video is on is "auto generated by Youtube", and no official account.

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Err... you guys do know that song will most likely not be performed at coachella?

The coachella playlist compiles the artists who'll be performing, and whoever made the playlist has chosen that song, probably because it was a farlry recent song, they're unfamiliar with Miku and it's in English (quite a few americans seem to be allergic to foreign languages).
I believe the playlist was originally sourced from Spotify where the song is listed with Hatsune Miku as the artist name and there's far less songs to choose from than on youtube.

I'm 99.99% sure it won't be performed. If it was part of Miku's setlist I think it would've been confirmed by CFM's social media. And the whole Youtube Channel that video is on is "auto generated by Youtube", and no official account.
LOL looks like we did not, in fact, know that. I've never bothered to look into Coachella enough to know that they do a playlist like that. This is a relief at least!

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Listening to old group songs, I keep noticing

It's not as obvious in a solo or duet, but when Kaito V1 is paired with several other vocals he sounds REALLY pinched and synthetic (even compared to other V1/2 banks)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
Listening to old group songs, I keep noticing

It's not as obvious in a solo or duet, but when Kaito V1 is paired with several other vocals he sounds REALLY pinched and synthetic (even compared to other V1/2 banks)
Speaking of which, have you listened and songs that contain both Kaito V1 and Kaito V3 in it?
Take this song for example:

___

Oct 8, 2019
Sand Planet doesnt sound good to me. I respect Hachi and there are certain song of his I really like but this one just doesn't click and it doesn't have anything to do with the lyrics/theme, I just find the melody ( or whatever ) of the song unpleasant to listen to.

Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
@ Kaito V1, I remember it being hugely popular to use him in a really high range, for some reason, back in the day. And while I get it for songs like Uninstall or the rabbit one where he's meant to be creepy and unhinged, I couldn't stand it otherwise. But I did always adore his lower tone, at least when it was nicely tuned. Kaito V1 still has a better tone than V3 imo, although I also like V3.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I always thought Kaito V1, in his really high ranges, sounds kind of like Meiko if she had a cold. (In fact, I remember an old Talkloid where the creator admitted that Meiko's voice was provided by Kaito, and I didn't realize it until they pointed it out.)

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
On that topic, I always felt like Meiko V1 was one of the ... "rougher" V1 voicebanks. In Alice Human Sacrifice, all of the Vocaloids are basically untuned and sound really basic, but they still sound pretty decent ... except for Meiko, who sounds like a shrill demon.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
On that topic, I always felt like Meiko V1 was one of the ... "rougher" V1 voicebanks. In Alice Human Sacrifice, all of the Vocaloids are basically untuned and sound really basic, but they still sound pretty decent ... except for Meiko, who sounds like a shrill demon.
Which version of Alice of Human Sacrifice are we talkin? 'Cause this one has human singers, not the Vocaloids

Although if you mean this version, neither Meiko nor Kaito were really done justice imo. Would've benefitted from EQ and such to bring out her muffled sounds etc. :S
(But to be fair this was 2012)

Although agreed that Meiko is a bit rough to listen to in V1 sometimes. I'd say Lola is probably the worst V1 though, as much as I love her.

Reactions: peaches2217

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Spoiler'd because it's not so much an unpopular opinion as "this song isn't what a concerning amount of people think it is and they're wrong" -- also I've rambled on about this before on both twitter and VA. And to my friends. it's a hot topic for me ksjdfnsf

Kaito ga Uninstall was brought up earlier (in a different context, which is perfectly fine ofc! I'm sorry I just think about this every single time I think about/see the name of that parody) and I feel very strongly about it in the way that I hate how popular it is -- not because of how Kaito sounds in it, but because it got a lot of people to think that Uninstall is a Vocaloid song when it isn't. It's the opening to an anime called Bokurano and has absolutely nothing to do with yanderes or vocal synths (most people who cover it tend to know what it's from, but there's always a concerning number of comments on covers talking about uninstalling Vocaloids/yandere-like themes even when the cover uses the original lyrics which aren't about that at all); I'm super passionate about this because Bokurano is one of my favorite series of all time and I'm so upset everyone knows Uninstall but not what it's actually from!!!

... Anyway, that only applies to the Chiaki Ishikawa song, of course. There's a SeeU song called Uninstall by Sangnoksu that's completely unrelated but is probably my favorite SeeU song. (I wonder if Touhou fans feel this way about Bad Apple?)

• Wow

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Judging from my listening experience and also talking to people who have used them, the V1 quality ranking goes something like:
Meiko (can be very metallic/raspy but generally easy to tune)
Miriam (can go off pitch and has some script errors but again generally easy to tune, also has the least engine noise)
Lola/Kaito
Leon (he has the double whammy of being a male - which V1 did NOT like- and using the horrible first English script)

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
(I wonder if Touhou fans feel this way about Bad Apple?)
Judging by YouTube comments? Yes.

Bonus points for the fact that even the "original" remix version most people know isn't the original, which is literally only known for being remixed.
Case in point, many people believe that the so-called "original" version of Bad Apple!! looks like this:
But in actuality it was look like this:

Speaking of Touhou, I have an idea: what would happen if someone making an actual UTAU voicebanks for all for the Touhou Project characters?

Last edited:
Reactions: andantina

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Actually, I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but I think Rin and Len's Append designs were their best. Not as iconic or usable as their original designs, but a lot more interesting and well-designed. It accomplishes what Miku's Append design (which I like, but not to the extent of the Kagamines') kinda missed the mark on: it portrays them as the embodiment of the future of music while still retaining the charm of their OG designs.

sunsun-o

Add sunthing ー☆
Jan 22, 2020
ok here goes nothing lol:
- I think IA's voice is veeeery boring. Her english is kind of good, but for me that isn't enough of a reason to find her interesting in any way. It's just generic? I don't know, I just don't like it. (tho I love Lia)
- I reaaaaalllly don't like most of MEIKO's song. Most make her sound weird and barely understandable. It always give me the feeling that her tongue is stuck, idk, most of the times I dislike her voice. Combining that with the terrible tuning she's often paired with, for me, MEIKO is kind of the "less good" of all cryptonloids (tho I kind of like Sakine Meiko).
- I dislike luka's voice in Luka Luka Night Fever. I adore the song, but I don't think Luka's voice fit's at all. The instrumental sounds so energetic, it doesn't fit luka's calm, kind of, slow talking way. I think some other voices fit the song much better.

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)