• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID6

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
its the morning and i am messing around a bit more now (even tho i have a doctor's app in an hour haha...). im still having issues with old vocaloid files and im getting the vibe that AI voices wont work well or at all with notebended files (especially very intensely notebended) but, still odd issues with phonemes and well, the lack of resources for V6 is making it hard for me to figure out whats changed/what functions differently... hopefully i will figure that out soon.

i was very excited about the vocalo changer, as it seemed to function really well. and i dont need to use a file for that! of course, i wanted to try it with rendered vocals from other synths, and i thought id provide some examples....

english with Solaria to Allen (on an octave lower).
*The file w solaria uses real time note data and pitch bends

thoughts - gosh dang, that sounds pretty good. i can hear some weirdness in pronunciation in a few spots, and a bit or two where he doesnt seem to catch a sound at the start of a line. does give a good idea of how it takes different tones (softness, power, etc) and while solaria is quite smooth, i think you can kinda hear closely that it still imitates the synthesized sound across words/notes.

japanese with Flower (v4) to Haruka.

thoughts - so, not as smooth or 'clean' but, that it isnt really on vocaloid6 for that. hopefully ppl dont expect vocalo change to just humanize any synthesized vocals you throw in lol? because this sounds the way it does due to how flower sounded. it keeps 'choppiness' and flower's much more synthesized lower and higher notes impact it too. it seemed to struggle on the growl bits but it could also be due to how synthesized it is. and theres a few more mess ups on the shorter/quieter notes too. theres a good change noramlizing/raising the volume of vocals would help w this though.

so! interesting to see how it handles synthesized vocals from two different programs, one AI and one not.

more thoughts abt the software below
i think the biggest pro has been the layout/UI. it kinda just has everything i like across all programs, and put it into one. it looks good, feels good. V5 was certainly good but it felt a bit clunky at times. V6 certainly upgraded it in all those ways.

confusion/concerns....? the only parameters i am seeing w the V6 banks are pitch bend/sensitivity and dynamics.... idk if im missing something but these seems really limited, mostly when i feel the only other option to alter the voices is to use numerous presets that also mostly apply effects. im wondering if non-AI banks it will show all those parameters...? i would have to hope so bc otherwise that would be an issue. but i have no banks to check that with right now. understanably a lot of this is 'made easy' for professional producers who dont use software like this, but i dont really want to be forced into presets and the like either. again i may just be missing something across this new UI....

the voices themselves... i think vocaloid is still lacking w their english voices, but goddamn the cross language is pretty good. actually i think the english voices sound really really nice singing japanese. i havent done too much cross lang though, but i feel the eng voices have really good japanese accents compared to english voices in synth v. i wonder if the providers were really fluent in japanese too?

i have so many thought to process and i do wonder where the program will go. i think one thing id like to see improved is things along the lines of actual tuning presets/auto tuning of some sort? because most of the singing skills and presets really dont do it for me (they do little in terms of pitch tuning anyways) compared to synth v's auto tuning, and i think vocaloid could really use that for professional artists not familiar w vocaloid (because i will be honest, so many of vocaloid's demo songs have just never sounded very good to me personally haha)

*again i may just be missing something within this new layout but, it seems to still be quite similar to v5 as far as i can tell

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
I didn't realise the first half of your clip was just SynthV and was thinking 'Damn! He really does sound like Solaria!' :gackpo_ani_lili: Thanks for sharing, that was a really interesting comparison/feature test. I like Allen's voicetype; the other usages of him I've heard sounded very obviously 'Vocaloidy', the impact of Vocalo Changer suggests V6 has a lot of potential with tuning.

Last edited:

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I hope the 4 new voices whose names are "???" In the teaser image are English native voices, the others all appear to be Japanese. I'd love more Chinese vocaloids too but I doubt any will come from Yamaha directly. Gumi AI is literally fantastic and this is the first time I've ever wanted to upgrade from V4! Funny how I wanted voicebanks of some of the project sekai characters and then we get two starters named Akito and Haruka lol

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I hope the 4 new voices whose names are "???" In the teaser image are English native voices, the others all appear to be Japanese. I'd love more Chinese vocaloids too but I doubt any will come from Yamaha directly. Gumi AI is literally fantastic and this is the first time I've ever wanted to upgrade from V4! Funny how I wanted voicebanks of some of the project sekai characters and then we get two starters named Akito and Haruka lol
I wonder if a few of them (ie Yuina) may actually be Chinese?
It's also possible that since this was a JP livestream they decided to show off the JP vbs specifically.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
This is all very exciting. A couple of my friends already sprang for it. Their verdicts so far seem to be that, for now, if you already have V5 and don't desperately want Gumi AI, hold off until there are more voices or more features for the AI banks (fewer parameters or something?). If you purely want AI, SynthV might be the better bet. But the UI seems to be a definite upgrade, and the Vocalchanger thing seems really cool. I've seen some really neat stuff from people's Twitter wips and such.

I will probably hold off until I get paid again at least, but even though I already have SVP and V5, my inner Engloid collector has awoken............... Allen and Sarah, you're on my hit list.............

mermanhellville

New Fan
Dec 23, 2019
I'm praying for Gakupo AI.
I would cry tears of joy.

This officially means that Tianyi and Ling v5 will come out AFTER voaloid 6, something that many of us never thought to be a possibility. Absolutely stellar, Shanghai Henian. Never change. :tonio_ani_lili:

With V6 introducing AI voice seemingly out of nowhere it's unlikely we'll see a Tianyi V6 AI, which we don't really have to worry about given her upcoming ACE studio voicebank, but it would have been more accessable for non Chinese users. :tianyi_lili:
:ling_lili:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
God, I want that more than anything! Unfortunately Gackt is on indefinite hiatus due to his health, so it's likely not happening soon. :haku_ibis: I wish him a steady recovery!
This is a bit unrelated but I just talked with someone about this earlier today - he's actually returned from hiatus and has resumed work! I do hope he isn't overexerting himself again, but I think Gakupo AI is a very real possibility. Even if he's not itching to do new recordings, I'm sure he's got tons of singing data Internet can pull from already - this is the perfect opportunity to truly preserve Gackt's voice as it is, especially since he's already had this kind of scare.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I got Vocaloid 6 and tried it out by slapping a file that I did the tuning in V5 a while back. I used Arsloid in V5 and so I wanted to hear him in V6, lol. I even heard Akito and than Allen (Allen actually sounded nice singing Japanese! :mirai_ani_lili:) But I was disappointed that when I switched to Dex from Arsloid...it was not perfect unlike Akito to Allen, haha, a shame on that.

Here is the video that I did of Akito and Arsloid in V6 if you guys want to listen to it!

Is there more to V6 that can benefit the V3 to V5 loids? :kyo_ani_lili:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
On the JP vocaloid store you get 10% off of V6 if you purchase a voicebank at the same time.(that’s 2750 yen) I’m not sure if it applies to the upgrade price too. I don’t understand why the EN site doesn’t have this or why it’s more expensive to buy these products there. :/

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
On the JP vocaloid store you get 10% off of V6 if you purchase a voicebank at the same time.(that’s 2750 yen) I’m not sure if it applies to the upgrade price too. I don’t understand why the EN site doesn’t have this or why it’s more expensive to buy these products there. :/
It's more expensive on the English website because of exchange rates. Presently, $1 USD is worth about 150yen, so while they're pricing things similarly to the way they've always been priced on both ends, the yen is weaker right now and the price difference after conversion is more drastic. It's not malicious, it's economics. Thankfully ordering from the Japanese website is about as easy as the English website (you can register for a Tenso account and it'll give you a Japanese address and phone number for checkout), and bam, there ya go! I do wonder about that 10% off discount though. Hopefully they'll re-implement the 10% discount for owners of previous VBs soon!

Reactions: WyndReed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)