• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID6

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
But it is. If you download enough VSQx from the internet you will notice that a lot of people do tuning that way. I do it myself as well, since editing with the pitch parameter feels kinda finicky.
Most of the ones I’ve experimented with can be fixed both quickly and easily. It’s an issue if you’re aiming to plug n play, sure, but it’s not some big software-breaking bug. For most people the worst that’ll happen is you’ll have to do some extra pitch work if something sounds wonky. Notebending that relies on 1/128th notes isn’t notebending that relies on an exact science, even with how finicky Pitch can be you can get the exact same sound with two or three clicks. It’s annoying, but it’s nothing worse than that.

Reactions: ___ and Leon

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I think the problem here is that there is a method that people use for tuning, and now if they want to use V6 they'll have to make adjustments to a method that may or may not be ingrained into how their brains approach tuning. From my understanding more people notebend then use parameters for pitch editing. Depending on the person, it can take a lot of effort to adjust how you do something especially if you've been doing it a while.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Agreed on both sides. It's frustrating for users to adapt to and frankly a little bit perplexing that the apparent stance is that this was intentional, when older versions of the software could pull it off fine. But on the flip side, tuning with other methods (1/32 notes or even just totally relying on params) is perfectly possible, and the editor certainly isn't unusable for it.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Agreed on both sides. It's frustrating for users to adapt to and frankly a little bit perplexing that the apparent stance is that this was intentional, when older versions of the software could pull it off fine. But on the flip side, tuning with other methods (1/32 notes or even just totally relying on params) is perfectly possible, and the editor certainly isn't unusable for it.
I’m with you on that! I wish it wasn’t this way, but I’m seeing people saying it’s completely ruined their opinion of V6 or insisting that all older VSQs are now unusable, when in reality it’s just an inconvenience. But it’s still absolutely an inconvenience, and while I get where they’re coming from in implementing this, I don’t agree with it per say.

nightmare

SynthV Tuner
Apr 22, 2019
England
youtube.com
Maybe some would be less deterred by the limited ability to notebend if Yamaha allowed pitch to be drawn on the notes? Notebending can also be used to manipulate pronunciation, dynamics and stress of the Vocaloid voices. These techniques are not prevalent in tuning other AI synths, like SynthV, CeVIO and ACE - or, at least, you don't need to break a note into tiny pieces to achieve a certain effect. IMO, Vocaloid6 doesn't really have enough of AI quality to abandon the heavy notebending tuning method completely. The only part of Vocaloid that sounds AI to me is the Vocalochanger, which is separate from the editor.

I agree it's mostly a minor setback, though.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Playing around with it some, the Chinese crosslingual sounds great! The only issue I've come across is fricatives being underpronounced or completely unpronounced; thankfully, it's easily fixable with the phoneme timing parameter. Just make the offending fricative longer, et voila! (Sharing because I spent a solid ten minutes agonizing over that before realizing "Oh, wait, easy fix." Save y'all my suffering 😅)

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
to add to this... i sent an email to yamaha support way back, complaining about the 1/64th note issue and how i found it weird they changed this when it never was a problem in the old versions. well i got an email again in response to my email (which was months ago so im surprised they went back to it)

"Today we released the new versions of VOCALOID6 Ver6.1.
This has the improvement of the 1/64 note issue.

Please try to update and use the new version. "

and as the notes show: "Improved pronunciation of short notes"

back when i messaged they didnt seem to admit it was a bug or issue :P but they said they improved the issue now so...! assuming thats what they mean, i cant test it myself as i dont have V6 but, yeah! looks like 1/64th note notebending may be saved after all? which makes me happy as my biggest issue was just that i couldnt plug and play all the things i hoped to back when i wanted to test out the trial.

Last edited:

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
My hope is for Crypton to return to Vocaloid, for better multilingual support. And to rectify the big question mark about the newer Macs with the Apple Silicon processors.

To my knowledge, no version of Piapro Studio works without running your entire DAW in Rosetta mode, and it's doubtful that the V4 banks will gain that feature. I *assume* V6 is Apple Silicon ready, which will become more important as future updates to popular VSTis hypothetically drop support for Intel Macs in a few years.

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
The new update is amazing tbh!! It added expression as a parameter you can draw and character, the autopitch is MUCH more expressive (kind of like the one in Cevio AI), the quality of the voices drastically improved and you can finally notebend again without it breaking the autopitch!! Such a good Christmas gift :kzn_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)